Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

I'm having settling issues with the shocks. I can't consistently set the ride height. Every time I pick up the car and drop it, it settles differently. On the track the rear doesn't settle back to the pre-set ride height, so it sits very high nearly at full droop. There is no bind in the suspension arms or links. I've tried replacing everything within the shock with the exception of the shafts and bodies.

What was Schumachers reasoning behind using 13mm shocks?
Old 08-24-2016, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
I'm having settling issues with the shocks. I can't consistently set the ride height. Every time I pick up the car and drop it, it settles differently. On the track the rear doesn't settle back to the pre-set ride height, so it sits very high nearly at full droop. There is no bind in the suspension arms or links. I've tried replacing everything within the shock with the exception of the shafts and bodies.

What was Schumachers reasoning behind using 13mm shocks?
Every time you drop the car it's going to settle in a different position no matter what and the reason the shock bodies of 13 millimeters is probably just so they can say they have the biggest shocks on the market the best way to set your ride height to drop your car see how far away it is from your ride height then turn the shock collars at once or every millimetre you want to go up or down then we drop the car and check it again until you get it to where you want it sometimes it takes a while
Old 08-24-2016, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maizer
the best way to set your ride height to drop your car see how far away it is from your ride height then turn the shock collars at once or every millimetre you want to go up or down then we drop the car and check it again until you get it to where you want it sometimes it takes a while
That is exactly how I do it, but every time I drop the car it settles at something different making it near impossible to set ride height.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That is exactly how I do it, but every time I drop the car it settles at something different making it near impossible to set ride height.
Are you running 0 rebounds in your shocks next time you try setting the ride height try just pushing the car to the table and then letting it go and come back on its own without dropping it and see what happens
Old 08-25-2016, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

I'd also add that you can't drop the car exact each and every time. So you will get a wondering ride height. Something to try would be to run your car on a flat surface (driveway, hardwood floor in house) some place that you can let the car settle under a rolling condition and that you are able to place your measuring device under the car and on hard flat surface. Couple figure 8's will flex the suspension and then it will settle how it wants. Start left to right, measure, then right to left, measure.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another cool trick that helps is to drop the car with a piece of paper under the wheels on one side of the car. It keeps the friction of the tires from preventing full squat when you drop it.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Azzkikin
I'd also add that you can't drop the car exact each and every time. So you will get a wondering ride height. Something to try would be to run your car on a flat surface (driveway, hardwood floor in house) some place that you can let the car settle under a rolling condition and that you are able to place your measuring device under the car and on hard flat surface. Couple figure 8's will flex the suspension and then it will settle how it wants. Start left to right, measure, then right to left, measure.
This further adds to my frustration. We are doing the exact same thing, but achieving two different results.

I'll set the ride height via the drop method and set for 23mm. I'll then drive the car around my driveway doing several figure eights, accelerate and braking and the rear ride height will be upwards of 28mm or higher. It's always higher and never lower. After the driveway run, I'll check the height via the drop method and it'll be something different. It may be higher than 23mm it may be lower than 23mm, but rarely what was set just a few minutes prior.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

This further adds to my frustration. We are doing the exact same thing, but achieving two different results.

I'll set the ride height via the drop method and set for 23mm. I'll then drive the car around my driveway doing several figure eights, accelerate and braking and the rear ride height will be upwards of 28mm or higher. It's always higher and never lower. After the driveway run, I'll check the height via the drop method and it'll be something different. It may be higher than 23mm it may be lower than 23mm, but rarely what was set just a few minutes prior.
Have you tried to just lift the rear the 4-6" and let it drop, keeping the front on the ground? It may at least point you towards something that you didn't see before. Hell, it could be that the tire/foam are giving more or less each time. Rotate tire and you end up lower than 23mm, 180degree turn of the tire and over 23mm in ride height. Now, I'll have to go and test mine. lol
Old 08-25-2016, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default Rebound

I bet your getting frustrated! assuming you have no binding in the suspension arms and you have equal or matching shock springs front and rear, I agree with Mazier that you should make sure your rebound is equal on all 4 shocks. The only other thing I can suggest is that you might have springs that are bad! Out of tolerance!
Old 08-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MelKF2
I bet your getting frustrated! assuming you have no binding in the suspension arms and you have equal or matching shock springs front and rear, I agree with Mazier that you should make sure your rebound is equal on all 4 shocks. The only other thing I can suggest is that you might have springs that are bad! Out of tolerance!
I didn't think of that. I've had these springs for as long as I've had the car since it was released. Might be time for new springs.

Anyone use any springs other than Schu or Core RC?
Old 08-25-2016, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tyres round? do they have flat spots? sounds stupid but you never know.

JPDanger, but even if the springs are old would they change every compression?
Old 08-25-2016, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

One other thing you can do is set your ride height to 23. Drive around like you said you were doing. Measure it and if it's 28 (or something high like that) then pull the shocks off and check the rebound. I'm wondering if you're sucking air somewhere and building pressure as they compress
Old 08-25-2016, 06:48 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I am betting you have rebound built in to your shocks. If you dont have the bleeder caps i would try those.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default High Roll Center kit

Anyone install the high roll center kit (U4734) and have it push the rear dust cover into the pulley? It moving the rear hinge pin carrier up, pushes the rear dust carrier up and into the pulley. Took me a while to find the bind I had. I'm shaving it down and going to try abs see if that fixed it. It's ever so slight but enough to cause a bind.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default HRC

Originally Posted by Azzkikin
Anyone install the high roll center kit (U4734) and have it push the rear dust cover into the pulley? It moving the rear hinge pin carrier up, pushes the rear dust carrier up and into the pulley. Took me a while to find the bind I had. I'm shaving it down and going to try abs see if that fixed it. It's ever so slight but enough to cause a bind.
Never!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.