Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
What are you guys using for chassis protectors? I just ordered some from the UK today but shipping and conversion rates kill me. Would love to find something in the US.
E1D by Fusion
Old 03-22-2016, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
I was going to say E1D by DiscountRC. Good prices and free shipping by the time you get all the wings, hinge pins, and o-rings you need.

For me, reducing rotating mass was more about avoiding the idiot behind me than improving lap times.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the big rc
Time to go back to mod anyway
THAT is exactly what I did
Old 03-23-2016, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

I looked at the E1D stuff but didn't see anything for the KF2 (I looked on Discount RC). I saw that they offered generic ones that you could cut out, but if I was going to go that route, I'd just get sheets from JConcepts. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 03-23-2016, 08:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I looked at the E1D stuff but didn't see anything for the KF2 (I looked on Discount RC). I saw that they offered generic ones that you could cut out, but if I was going to go that route, I'd just get sheets from JConcepts. Thanks for the suggestions!

Hello Bob ..!

all the e1D Armors are generic and are produced this way intentionally with the idea that you'll spend < 5min actually cutting them to fit and have many months of REUSABLE use from them. They are very thick and sturdy and can be peeled and re-stuck many many times. If they begin to not stick as well, you can simply rinse under warm water and revitalize them .. quite a good product ... let us know if you have any specific questions and we'll get them answered for you ..

..p
Old 03-23-2016, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore
Hello Bob ..!

all the e1D Armors are generic and are produced this way intentionally with the idea that you'll spend < 5min actually cutting them to fit and have many months of REUSABLE use from them. They are very thick and sturdy and can be peeled and re-stuck many many times. If they begin to not stick as well, you can simply rinse under warm water and revitalize them .. quite a good product ... let us know if you have any specific questions and we'll get them answered for you ..

..p
Thanks for the response. I don't doubt it at all! But if I'm going to cut something out, I think I should probably use my JConcepts ones
Old 03-23-2016, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I only use e1d. In many cases they will outlast the car.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Short of buying new driveshafts, is there a driveshaft repair kit for the KF2? I'm sure i've seen them somewhere and it's just the 'pin/shaft' part.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by oldernoob
Short of buying new driveshafts, is there a driveshaft repair kit for the KF2? I'm sure i've seen them somewhere and it's just the 'pin/shaft' part.

Hello..!

To my knowledge, there isn't an 'official' repair kit for these style of axles. It would seem that someone has developed a way to fix them ( we love to know this BTW ) however it has not been made known to us .. Part U4195 is the actual replacement axles if you decide ...

..p
Old 03-28-2016, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Great price for a pair! Thank you. I'll also 'have' to get an MM conversion from you guys too at some stage. I took my KF2 out on a local field and it was almost impossible to drive! Amazing on astro/carpet though.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Great price for a pair! Thank you. I'll also 'have' to get an MM conversion from you guys too at some stage. I took my KF2 out on a local field and it was almost impossible to drive! Amazing on astro/carpet though.

Thank you ..! We'd be happy to help when you're ready .. We have our KF2 working pretty well on clay at the moment .. the MM is almost a must for that ..

..p
Old 03-28-2016, 03:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looks like 1633 contains the 2.5mm pins that get worn down by the outdrives. I'm going to replace my severely worn drive pins and live with the worn universals. Buying the complete driveshafts would be better, of course.

People used to replace the KF universals with KR CVDs. You might consider that to smooth out the rear end.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Ooh, sounds interesting Saturn V. You just pressing them out?
Old 03-29-2016, 12:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ooh, sounds interesting Saturn V. You just pressing them out?
Yes. They're press fit so you need a pin pusher, which I have. I really should replace the entire driveshaft but I'm going to see how new pins do for now.

I've been running my KF2 since the week it came out and I think I've worn out everything you can wear out. Drive pins are more than halfway gone. Universals are loose. Front hinge pins have been in there so long they're worn down and sloppy. Wheel hexes are worn on the bearing side. Side gears are shiny on one side. Curiously, I'm on the original belt and spur gear. Both seem perfectly fine. Only on the second body and first E1D chassis protector. Feels like I've bought a hundred wings at $8 each...
Old 03-29-2016, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

What does mounting the shocks on the rear do for you? I've bought the conversion because everyone is doing it here for carpet, just wondering what it does.

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.