Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
I havent heard of any shorty lasting super long in offroad... theyre mainly designed for onroad
My savox has been through 3 years of buggy, and 1 of short course. And it finally has a little play in it. This is also from the days of all plastic steering assemblies though.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Wow amazing... no servo saver's on those cars?

Most likely a new world record for a shorty and savox both

I couldnt get a savox to last more than a few races in my cars... sometimes they wouldnt even make in the car and be broken already lol
Old 07-23-2015, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
Wow amazing... no servo saver's on those cars?

Most likely a new world record for a shorty and savox both

I couldnt get a savox to last more than a few races in my cars... sometimes they wouldnt even make in the car and be broken already lol
No servo savers. It was the first servo I bought. So I hit stuff hard with too. I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket now. But I never had it under the high traction stresses of carpet and astro. Just med clay
Old 07-23-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm indifferent to whether the servo is a shorty or not, I just care about the weight.

My Savox is 60g so anything I can find that is around 45-50g or less would be great.

Tony, would you mind throwing some of those Highest RC servos on a scale? Don't include the wire/plug if possible.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Maizer, it's been about two months since the photos of your car leaked. Are you still using this setup? What are your thoughts on it? Could you share some more photos please?
Old 07-28-2015, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Has anyone found a slipper eliminator that will work yet?
Old 07-29-2015, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

I guess this will help a few of you guys in the U.S. out with running on dirt and also possibly stock classes;

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/New_Ca...KF2/U4788.html
Old 07-29-2015, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Badger5
I guess this will help a few of you guys in the U.S. out with running on dirt and also possibly stock classes;

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/New_Ca...KF2/U4788.html
This car just got sooooo much more attractive to me. I love how many setup options there are
Old 07-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Sweet!

I guess I should have waited a few weeks to try that layout I have been experimenting with a few posts back
Old 07-29-2015, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default Mid Motor

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
Sweet!

I guess I should have waited a few weeks to try that layout I have been experimenting with a few posts back
Nice! It looks like the motor might sit where the YZ2 does! Maybe a little further back? Any thoughts...
Old 07-29-2015, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

I'm so excited to see this option! I was literally one day away from taking a dremel to the tranny and moving the motor cluster far enough rearward to fit a 60T belt.

This should be far enough rearward to bring the weight balance into the sweet spot and still have enough space to fit the ESC and RX back there too.

Any idea what the extra parts included in the kit are? Is that a LiPo stop and foam stickees? I may do without the added pieces and tape the battery down.

Anyone know of any inexpensive low profile shorty lipos? Fantom racing sells a low pro shorty for about $60.

Last edited by Jpdanger; 07-29-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MelKF2
Nice! It looks like the motor might sit where the YZ2 does! Maybe a little further back? Any thoughts...
I think the YZ-2 might have the motor slightly further back than this mid-motor kit will put it in the KF2. If you look at a YZ-2 the spur gear layshaft is about even with the front of the rear tire. With this new kit for the KF2 it looks like the shaft will be a little further forward. But this is just eyeballing it.

But the distance really isn't what matters it's the net contribution to the F/R weight bias. This should move the needle well into the 63% range in the rear. And based on what I have gathered from the experiments I have been doing with the LRP battery and the electronics layout this kit should make us all happy.

I haven't thought about it too deeply but I would think moving the motor back that far will also have a significant effect on how the chassis reacts to the torque delivered by the motor. It should make the car "sit" more under acceleration or pull up on the front end more.

If this kit really does put the forward bite back into the car it is really going to shine on these clay tracks here in the states. I have been running 4 degrees of anti-squat to try to improve the forward bite for clearing jumps and that has helped but the car still doesn't have the "snap" of the B5M or other mid-motor cars.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
This should be far enough rearward to bring the weight balance into the sweet spot and still have enough space to fit the ESC and RX back there too.
I'm not so sure even though I wish it were so. I don't think your typically sized ESC is going to fit on either side of the motor/cluster once it is back there.

You can get a LCG battery made by LRP on Tower for less than $60 after you use one of their coupons:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFCZD&P=7
Old 07-29-2015, 10:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'm interested to try this KF2-M chassis
Racked up another local 17.5 win on dirt with my existing carbon chassis KF2
Old 07-30-2015, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

I also noticed the Schumacher product description claims it moves the motor another 19mm back. Judging from the looks of the additional holes drilled in the chassis and the length of the top brace it seems like it should be a lot more than 19mm, almost double that.

It will also be nice to run one belt tensioner as the one on the rear housing required to raise the belt to clear the battery will be unnecessary. It will take some drag away from the drivetrain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.