Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho electric offroad

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fabolousRC
I disagree with this statement.

The reason why my LHS can't and won't carry Kyosho is because KYOUSA wants large sum of change up front in order for them to send the parts over. Some bigger LHS who is franchised can do that because they have the franchise guaranteed the $$$$ need for the parts order while most moms and pops hobby store just don't have it. Now, if this policy changes in the future, you should see more hobby shops carry Kyosho parts. Otherwise, there will be no Kyosho parts at my LHS. Period.

Well, if Kyosho grew leaps and bounds within the next year, I am sure they may try and make themselves more small LHS friendly. I know that my local can't afford to deal direct with Kyosho. However they deal with a secondary dealer that helps them out. Maybe your LHS can do the same. Maybe not. It what they deem is worthy or not.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The reason why my LHS can't and won't carry Kyosho is because KYOUSA wants large sum of change up front in order for them to send the parts over. Some bigger LHS who is franchised can do that because they have the franchise guaranteed the $$$$ need for the parts order while most moms and pops hobby store just don't have it. Now, if this policy changes in the future, you should see more hobby shops carry Kyosho parts. Otherwise, there will be no Kyosho parts at my LHS. Period.
THIS IS WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has never been that way. You need a minimum order of $100 dollars for a shop to make an order. An account with Kyosho America is FREE!

That $100 order can go toward anything in Kyosho America's stock which includes, AKA, Orion and Sirio products. If you are going to actually try and carry parts a $100 order should be easy. I wish this rumor would stop since it is just not true. There are "buy in" costs for other distributors but not for Kyosho America. It could not be easier to stock or even just order parts.

Last edited by Casper; 12-05-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by lookiezx-5
I am still tossing up however between a b44 and a fs for next season as I have noticed some of the things that break on the sp havent been rectified on the fs. Things like the suspension mount on top of the bulkheads. Does anyone know if the aftermarket 3racing alloy you use on the sp is transferable to the fs?
Dude have you seen an FS????? The shock stays are SUPER beefy on the FS. They did a major revision on these parts. I have them on my SP and have yet to break or crack one. They are WAY stronger.

They have gone through three revisions on the front arms and those are a ton stronger and they have revised the caster block/spindles aready as well to make them stronger.

Will you still break things. Sure. With 5.5 and 6.5 BL motors and lipo batteries propelling these cars to 35+mph you will break things when you hit stuff but I will say the kyosho cars are as durable as any car on the market. That and they constantly update parts that appear to break more often then others.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My LHS has told me the same thing!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
THIS IS WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT has never been that way. You need a minimum order of $100 dollars for a shop to make an order. An account with Kyosho America is FREE!
+1

I can't imagine a smaller hobby shop than the one I shop at and he has a good selection of the electric offroad parts.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

This is TRUE. $100 minimum order and you can combine any of their products (Orion, K, etc..).
Old 12-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My local shop just tells me everything I want is on back order. This forces me to go online, where 99% of the time I can find the part from Speedtech, Carolinas, Amain, or Stormer. It's gotten to the point where I just stopped asking him for anything other then tires. It is what it is, I knew getting into a K car what I was going to be up against. I don't blame my hobby shop, seeing how I probably own the only K cars within 50 miles of here. Me and the Fedex guy have become buddies we see each other so much.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Marshall
My local shop just tells me everything I want is on back order. This forces me to go online, where 99% of the time I can find the part from Speedtech, Carolinas, Amain, or Stormer. It's gotten to the point where I just stopped asking him for anything other then tires. It is what it is, I knew getting into a K car what I was going to be up against. I don't blame my hobby shop, seeing how I probably own the only K cars within 50 miles of here. Me and the Fedex guy have become buddies we see each other so much.

That's cause you live in the sticks, No worries things might catch on out there.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
That's cause you live in the sticks, No worries things might catch on out there.
Doubtful
Old 12-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 70 (99%+)

Hey guys i am selling ALOT of ZX-5/RB5 tires LOOK
PM me if interested
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...shot-look.html
Old 12-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Dude have you seen an FS????? The shock stays are SUPER beefy on the FS. They did a major revision on these parts. I have them on my SP and have yet to break or crack one. They are WAY stronger.

They have gone through three revisions on the front arms and those are a ton stronger and they have revised the caster block/spindles aready as well to make them stronger.

Will you still break things. Sure. With 5.5 and 6.5 BL motors and lipo batteries propelling these cars to 35+mph you will break things when you hit stuff but I will say the kyosho cars are as durable as any car on the market. That and they constantly update parts that appear to break more often then others.
I hope I am not asking this again on this thread but is there a new part number for FS Shock Stay? I would like to pick up a few for my SP.

Thanks

JEFF
Old 12-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
I hope I am not asking this again on this thread but is there a new part number for FS Shock Stay? I would like to pick up a few for my SP.

Thanks

JEFF

LA262.

Don't forget that they will make the tower sit higher then the stock SP ones.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Yeah there is a 1mm difference between the two. Unscrew the shock eyelet a turn to get your down travel back!
Old 12-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks guys.

JEFF
Old 12-05-2008, 02:24 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Wow. Just looked at my FS and realized I have a cracked front shock tower. Glad it held up in the Amain this past weeked. What do you guys prefer reg. plastic or the carbon composite. I'm looking for duability.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.