Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho electric offroad

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Millay- Thanks for the kind words.

Laterilus- Thanks. I remember you from the IL state race. Yours and Schueler's car's both looked really good at that race. I had watched Pavidis's at Mod nats at CT, and his looked really good there, he just had back luck with getting a clean run in, the same with the new proto type 2wd. After I saw your guys ZX-5's at that race, I knew that the car was going to be pretty good, especially if it was that good only after having the car for a couple weeks. I race with Rippe and Baum alot, and more then likely will be over at BnL this summer tearing it up with those guys, Pisano will prob be coming too.

Dayton- Sounds good dude. I know Bender is always in for 4wd, Pisano prob too. I just sold my T4, and GT, pretty much all of my AE stuff, except for the 2wd, just until the proto type comes out. I'm scheduled to have the day off on Tuesday, if that happens, I plan on doing some prac then.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ben,

I'd definately be interested in anything you come up with. So far, I have the only ZX-5 at CRCRC and have been running it for the last two weeks. There has been a lot of interest in the car.

We have a good 4wd base at the Sunday club races and the class is growing strong. We don't have the level of competition you might be used to at this time, but there is some good racing none the less. If you can make it over sometime there will be plenty of cars to run against. If not, hopefully I'll meet you at the Midwest race.

Rodney
Old 12-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the compliments , I really do try very hard to do the right thing most of the time , and anyone traveling to Mass. should stop in and see the ETMR track ,it is very cool and challenging .
Someone asked if the brace can be used in the rear ? Yes it can , you will need longer bolts for it of course and 2 lock nuts ,just flip it over and add a .5 mm thick shim ,or the thinest one in the kit on top of what you already have ,or just measure the extra ones that came with the kit and use one of them that is .5 thicker. I have both on my car and it works great !
Old 12-17-2005, 06:40 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Just finished building the buggy with one-way and can't stop staring at it. It smells/feels quality all round. All that remains are a good paint job, getting tires, and finally installing the brushless/Lipo system.

Speaking of tires would someone be able to tell the type of tires used on the orange zx-5? I'd like to get my hands on a pair for front and rear.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/zx5/zx5review07.html
Old 12-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 24 hour special on ZX5

www.evolutionhobbies.com
Old 12-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

just want to post a quick note that we receive another shipment of Spare and hop-up parts for the ZX-5 and it's already going fast!

Our next batch of kits will come in end of the month and we'll be putting together a special combo package with the next batch of kits

Steve Wang
Old 12-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Key

Speaking of tires would someone be able to tell the type of tires used on the orange zx-5? I'd like to get my hands on a pair for front and rear.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/zx5/zx5review07.html

They look like Schumacher mini spikes, part codes U6515 front and U6516 rear in green compound you can also get harder compounds yellow and blue. We use a lot of these tyres in the UK on astroturf and grass tracks
Old 12-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Key
Tech Addict

Thanks for clarifying Atomic-carbon those part numbers really helped Do the tires come with inserts or is it a separate part?
Old 12-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Where is a good place to get the SChumacher tyres that will ship international?
Old 12-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Key
Tech Addict

Did a search and found Acorn Models have them in stock. They're located in New Zealand but it looks like they ship worldwide as well.

Here's the link:

http://www.acornmodels.co.nz/product...p?subcat=C%20P

I've just placed an order to ship to Canada.

-key

Last edited by Key; 12-18-2005 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Schumacher isn't very well supported here and very few people run their cars anymore due to it. I'll be in total shock if Acorn have any in stock, but thanks, I'll give them a shot.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

The tyres on the photos are Schumacher YELLOW mini spikes.. we never run green (or blue) compounds usually, only when its wet we use greens, even then, I would usually use yellow unless it was REALLY wet.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

heres a photo from todays racing. Ran the zx5 early on, very happy with it indeed, I used AE blue front springs and kyosho "??" on the rear... (light yellowy green)

X10 was on greens and zx5 on yellows, the X10 was quicker mainly because of the tyres ofcourse. Horrible weather.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

I can't wait to get my ZX5. The local importer hasn't received any yet and even thou I could get one overseas, I'd rather support local. It just means I have to wait awhile for the car. Anyway, no track here yet, but I am meeting with the council tomorrow to try and secure land. Fingers crossed we get it
Old 12-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Very muddy photos oOple!!..I like! Wish there were more zx-5 rain pics

I'm glad kyosho is at the top of the 4wd electric handling game once again especially against competion like the x10 prdtr. Why use AE shocks when there are homegrown kyosho lazer shocks available in a number of tensions?

I hope that those schumacher tires become available worldwide. I'm not sure why they would be listed
on their UK site to purchase and unavailable thru their N. American site?

Tires are the biggest factor in how the zx5 or any vehicle handles. I hope that a store out there
can start importing the mini spikes in their various compounds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.