Community
Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho electric offroad

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nice write up! to think the new yokomo should be releases in a month or two. I'm going to wait for the yokomo myself.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Buyer Beware

what motor does it use?540?if so,only one or two? kitty
Old 10-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

I ended up with 2 of them!! I had a couple on backorder from different places and I received both of them. I'm building 1 of them now, and the other will be for sale. Around $300 shipped if anyone needs it.

So far the car builds extremely well and looks to be awesome!!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

What front drive are you putting in ?
let me know how it goes.
the front gearbow was noisy with the kit spacing for me.. people commented on how quiet it was on sunday, which is what you want !
carefull with that rear diff, i missed one small bit in the out drive, and the dogbone wasnt centralized and would lock up, but i noticed before getting to the track..
Old 10-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm going with the one way!! I'm running on a tight indoor track and could use the extra steering. I read you review and thought it was awesome. I'm going back on to check out the shimming for the front again. I wasn't totally clear on it the first time.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:13 AM
Tech Addict

i think being plastic the one way is probably a bit different in each car, so yours might be fine where mine was too tight..
Its great that the kit comes with all these options.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:03 AM
Buyer Beware

Originally Posted by DJG24
I ended up with 2 of them!! I had a couple on backorder from different places and I received both of them. I'm building 1 of them now, and the other will be for sale. Around $300 shipped if anyone needs it.

So far the car builds extremely well and looks to be awesome!!
check pm
Old 10-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

PM sent back!!
Old 10-13-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

PM sent again!
Old 10-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Buyer Beware

got it!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just want to post a note that the Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 parts are uploaded

Kyosho ZX-5 Parts

We have all the optional springs and carbon composite components in stock as well as stock spare parts.

In regards to the kit, they are currently all sold out but our next shipment should be arriving in about 2 weeks

Steve Wang
Old 10-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default zx5

hi guys can someone tell me what do u think about the zx5 on american soil
and will there be a pro version !
and oople great review its awesome !!
thanks!!
Pete68
Old 10-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Lazer ZX5

I have one here in South FL. So far everytime I have run the car I end up breaking something. To me the plastic tie bar that holds the front suspension pins together and C hubs are the weakness of this buggy. When the front plastic tie bar broke, it also broke a part of the front diff case. The track has two large jumps, along with some tight turns after some jumps that seem to break the parts in question. Its not even a matter of hitting anything or slamming it on its front. In fact today I was just trying to be easy on it.

If you can get past that, I think its great. The front tie bar and C hubs are the parts I am breaking. I plan on putting a brushless system in mine to make it really move. I can take some pictures of what broke and post them if you want. I have had mine going on two weeks now. I plan on putting a heavier shock oil in, changing up the tires, and possibly changing the springs.

If you go to www.oople.com he has an awesome write up about the car. I more or less cloned his setup on my car.

From what I understand you can get the shock towers, chasis, and upper frame brace in carbon fiber.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Tech Rookie

The proper nomenclature for the tie strap I believe should be front hinge pin brace. Ill check the manual. I think if Kyosho does not offer the parts in question in aluminum, then I will end up buying some from the BJ4 and making it work.

Its interesting to note that the parts I did mention come out of aluminum on the BJ4 (or at least on the new kit being released). Jconcepts also gives you the option of heavy duty front suspension arms. I suspect these guys have done their homework.

Hopefully Kyosho will follow suite and make their buggy on the same level.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:56 AM
Tech Addict

The BJ4 heavy duty front arms is a relative term, meaning compared to the original (b4) arms which were unsuited to 4wd. The kyosho arms are longer for starters so they will be under more stress, but they are beefier than b4 arms.

Ive not broken anything so far, the front hinge pin brace sounds a weak point from what you say, i think it comes with spare alternate braces ? not sure how yours is breaking but im sure someone will make an alloy version soon to replace it.. I might see if i can strengthen mine before this weekend, dont wanna go home early!.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.