Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Check out the setup sheets and pics on petitrc and you'll find plenty of plastic steering parts that were ran on fairly high grip. I'm a sucker for aluminum bits myself as I don't like threading into plastic when there is an alternative, but if it works well enough so be it.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by negatv1
Check out the setup sheets and pics on petitrc and you'll find plenty of plastic steering parts that were ran on fairly high grip. I'm a sucker for aluminum bits myself as I don't like threading into plastic when there is an alternative, but if it works well enough so be it.
The pics definitely indicate Lee was running the 2T (plastic) center link at the most recent EOS race.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

The team guys here in Portland are switching to the plastic steering from the truck. They say it feels more linear. But they are running the full setup of plastic, not using any aluminum steering pieces because of breakages to the center link.
Cain likes this.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just ordered the yz-2 stock edition, I currently running the dtm2 edition. Looking too see if there is anything I need to get for add-ons, to make this thing rip and roar like my dtm2. I will be running it on high grip clay track 90% of the time.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Same upgrades minus battery brace system. Get the truck steering if it doesn’t have it.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:25 AM
Tech Adept

Stupid question, but I´m sure you can help me. My rc10t5m laydown conversion with gear diff needs new plastic gears. Associated has discontinued them, i.e. in Germany they are not available anymore. Maybe the yokomo parts will fit?
Old 03-03-2019, 01:48 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wothrottle
Stupid question, but I´m sure you can help me. My rc10t5m laydown conversion with gear diff needs new plastic gears. Associated has discontinued them, i.e. in Germany they are not available anymore. Maybe the yokomo parts will fit?
What gears? The small idler gear Z2-503I used in the 4-gear YZ-2 and the belt-drive YZ-4 will fit in the T5M 3-gear and 4-gear transmissions. I cannot think of any other gears that fit, and I used to have all these cars at some point. If you need any diff parts, the SC10 gear diff should fit the 5-generation AE cars.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

If the dler gear fits, maybe the diff gear also fits? looks pretty the same.

the sc10 gear set is also no available in Germany. So I need a good source , would also switch to a complete yokomo diff if needed, as my t5m is a laydown conversion with many hop ups and I see no need to switch to t6.1 despite those shabby spare parts supply.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:31 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wothrottle
If the dler gear fits, maybe the diff gear also fits? looks pretty the same.

the sc10 gear set is also no available in Germany. So I need a good source , would also switch to a complete yokomo diff if needed, as my t5m is a laydown conversion with many hop ups and I see no need to switch to t6.1 despite those shabby spare parts supply.
The number of teeth is the same (52?). I just measured my B-Max2 diff, which is basically the same as the YZ-2 diff. The flat sides of the housing are 17.9 mm, the overall width including outdrives is 48.9 mm.
While I understand that you don't want to part with your hopped-up T5M, I dare say it would probably be worth replacing it with an up-to-date truck, no matter if AE, TLR, Xray or Yokomo. I used to have a B5M with the original Redworkshop lowrider conversion, and the box-stock YZ-2 was so much better that I sold all my 5th generation AE stuff back in the day.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Same upgrades minus battery brace system. Get the truck steering if it doesn’t have it.
Just got my kit in the mail and it does have the truck steering included, can't wait..
Old 03-18-2019, 12:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Diffing out

I am using a YZ2 Cal2 for a few months and I seem to have this problem in the turns that it feels and sounds like its diffing out. I race on Turf only. At first I used 2 gears in the diff with 7k. I changed it to use all 4 gears and up the diff to 10k. Tried with roll bar and no roll bar. I put stiffer springs up front and softer in the rear. I have adjusted the roll center as well. Still has not helped with the feeling in corners on power. Someone at the track mentioned to really go up on the diff fluid to 50K and up. Any suggestions.

Thanks.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:44 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mononga
I am using a YZ2 Cal2 for a few months and I seem to have this problem in the turns that it feels and sounds like its diffing out. I race on Turf only. At first I used 2 gears in the diff with 7k. I changed it to use all 4 gears and up the diff to 10k. Tried with roll bar and no roll bar. I put stiffer springs up front and softer in the rear. I have adjusted the roll center as well. Still has not helped with the feeling in corners on power. Someone at the track mentioned to really go up on the diff fluid to 50K and up. Any suggestions.

Thanks.
Hard to say from a distance and without knowing the track or your set-up in general. As a general starting point for smooth, high-grip Astro I'd say 550 shock oil/RP black or Yatabe red in the front, 350/RP orange or Yatabe green in the rear, shocks on the rear inside/inside and no droop limiters inside, upper rear links on the inside as low as possible and in the innermost hole. Diff with 4 gears and 7000 or 2 at 15K should be ok. Make sure that your suspension is free and that your shooks are smooth, check your shock shafts and seals.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:43 AM
mes
Tech Elite

The LC gearbox is here: https://teamyokomo.com/topics/9277/

Cain and Computerjoe like this.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

So all stock internals is the same? Just need motor plate and top shaft? No drilling into chassis?
Old 03-21-2019, 03:18 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RodRC
So all stock internals is the same? Just need motor plate and top shaft? No drilling into chassis?
Yokomo lists several parts on the website. As far as I understand you need the motor mount, gear box, top piece and c block from the truck. The spur gear cover is included in the battery mount set, which many people will already have installed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.