Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
Hope they get that punk ass blue out of it and make the production run Black.
Yeah my feedback to Exotek also made that note....pretty sure final production will be black to match all of the other YZ-2 products in their line of offerings.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

FOUND!

Anyone have a SMC YZ-2 Brass Rear Front Pivot for sale?

http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...33&search=yz-2

Last edited by vondegroot; 04-04-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Instead of that thing get yourself the Yokomo Stainless Steel FR & RR hangers. A-main has them.
That thing is unnecessary and a bit overweight.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quick heads up that Mibosport now has DTM parts.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by draboyd19
New Product Development: I recently had the opportunity to do some testing for a new Exotek top shaft and slipper eliminator setup that will be hitting stock in Late April/Early May for the Yokomo YZ-2 buggies.

It's the same concept as the B6 design that is currently out, but is being produced to the specs that fit our YZ-2 gear boxes. This set-up will work with both the 4 gear and 3 gear set-ups, and is aimed for the stock classes.

Some of the benefits include shaving about 4 grams from the current stock top shaft, and also shaving additional weight from the current Exotek slipper eliminator that is available for our vehicles. Additionally, it has a slim profile gear that reduces rotating mass and would be great if you wanted to work a full cut gear setup as well.

During testing, there were no major changes in gear mesh sound increases due to the smaller surface area of the top gear rotating on the stock idler gear sizing, so that is a plus as well.

Again, another great product that will be hitting stock soon, and I know the Exotek guys are eyeing a few other new products for our vehicles potentially in the future.
Any info when these will be available?
Old 04-04-2017, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thought about it, but the pair is only 26g, and I could add that weight easily with stick-on weights under the tranny.

Originally Posted by the incubus
Instead of that thing get yourself the Yokomo Stainless Steel FR & RR hangers. A-main has them.
That thing is unnecessary and a bit overweight.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panic09
Any info when these will be available?

Hello sir - After I did the testing for the prototype and submitted my feedback they started to go to production shortly after. Last I spoke to the Exotek folks they were shooting for a late April/Early May release date.

I'll post a note here as soon as they have them in stock. In the meantime, if you have any questions about the piece or once you get it don't hesitate to PM me and I'll be glad to help you out with anything.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anybody nows a list what parts are needed to convert an CA to DTM?
Old 04-07-2017, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

https://www.mibosport.com/yokomo/yz-2dtm/ has all the parts that are unique to the dtm and the dtm comes with a new 14 ball ball diff.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgerber
https://www.mibosport.com/yokomo/yz-2dtm/ has all the parts that are unique to the dtm and the dtm comes with a new 14 ball ball diff.

Do you know if it's a all new ball diff or the same one they've been using on the regular YZ2-DT ?
Old 04-07-2017, 07:20 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Doing some research on different 2wd buggies mainly for next carpet season. Right now have the family running B6s in various forms and just have a few questions on the YZ2 platform:

- How has durability been in comparison to the Associated B6 and if there are known problem areas, what are the fixes for that?

- Any issues with JConcepts AE offset wheels front and rear? (Reason I ask specifically about this wheel as I have heard on some vehicles certain wheels themselves can be issues even if the offset is the same as another)

- Barring a release say around late summer / early fall of a new carpet version, what is the best version to pick up for carpet?
Old 04-07-2017, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
Doing some research on different 2wd buggies mainly for next carpet season. Right now have the family running B6s in various forms and just have a few questions on the YZ2 platform:

- How has durability been in comparison to the Associated B6 and if there are known problem areas, what are the fixes for that?

- Any issues with JConcepts AE offset wheels front and rear? (Reason I ask specifically about this wheel as I have heard on some vehicles certain wheels themselves can be issues even if the offset is the same as another)

- Barring a release say around late summer / early fall of a new carpet version, what is the best version to pick up for carpet?
No issue with durability at all. Also no rim offset issue that I know of. I run AE wheels on mine with no problem. I would probably get the new YZ2-DTM version since it has all the latest changes/updates.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 66sschevy
No issue with durability at all. Also no rim offset issue that I know of. I run AE wheels on mine with no problem. I would probably get the new YZ2-DTM version since it has all the latest changes/updates.
Thanks. Are there things in particular I would notice going from the B6 versus the YZ2? (Example: lighter out of box weight, more out of box steering, etc)
Old 04-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think everything is the same except the actual gear which uses 14 balls instead. I am basing my info on what Lee Martin's live talk on facebook.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
Thanks. Are there things in particular I would notice going from the B6 versus the YZ2? (Example: lighter out of box weight, more out of box steering, etc)
Not really sure what you will notice going from a B6 to a YZ2 as there's plenty of B6's that run good and handle everything these days. I have not run a B6 to compare. I can't believe you're looking for more steering as the YZ2 has plenty and from what I hear the B6 does as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.