Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree36Likes

ProSC 4x4 Ready-To-Run: Team Associated

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 10:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Binding in driveline

So I bought this last December and ran bashed it pretty hard. I tore up the spur and put it away for a few months and then came back to it about a month ago.

I put the new spur on, but when I put on the chassis brace something is binding and I can't figure out what it is. I bought a new brace, then a new chassis and still the same thing is happening.

Has anyone had this issue? Any ideas?
Old 09-29-2017, 10:25 AM
Tech Initiate

been along time since i looked at this, but maybe i can help. if it sounds like spur is binding or something. first i will list common breaks on this truck.

1)Front Gearbox 7117, usually noticeable as you lose front wheel drive and A arms fall off.
2)Front CVA kit V2 7267, again losing power to a wheel, slight grinding.
3)Rear Hub Carrier 7142, most common. cracks right off hinge pin and you lose a driveshaft while wheel goes sloppy.
4)Front Hub Carrier 7140, sometimes with CVA kit. not as common
5)Bumper and mudflaps.
6)Bell Crank Assembly and ball cups

pending your noise, i think, with a new spur gear could be:
1)slipper setup, last part on spur gear maintenance
2)Gear Mesh, pinion needs such a very slight "ch"or movement between spur gear.
3)didnt fit drive shaft in proper place
4)motor connections, losing one makes all kinds of grinding noise

After re-reading your post, im thinking its a body binding issue with your brace, and not binding in motor, gears, shaft, etc. oops. never replaced chasis or brace. my advise is to check again from the beginning of putting it back together. everything should align, or maybe you have an old/new model part. some of these parts are interchangeable with older models, however many or not.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mirkinator
Kinda nice to have a product that the doesn't get disco'd so quickly. And It is interesting how much these things seem to sell new yet we rarely ever see a used one for sale. Certainly helps knowing that even if the parts are out of stock, they will eventually be replaced but there's a part of me that believes a few simple small updates could do wonders for this kit.

And what do ya know? So close Alan! After all this talk of a new RTR version, Associated drops a new SCT RTR. Course its the 2wd!!

I like the black one

https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_...C10.3_JRT/RTR/

Checking in here. I don't drive much anymore, my 4yr old loves to (at 50% thr) though. I'm still surprised that AE has settled on the prosc for this long. I figured there would be something new soon, or at least some upgraded parts.

I may try to pick up a used one (which are still hard to find). I really wish I wouldn't of sold my SC10 4x4 years ago. I loved that truck.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tdford
Checking in here. I don't drive much anymore, my 4yr old loves to (at 50% thr) though. I'm still surprised that AE has settled on the prosc for this long. I figured there would be something new soon, or at least some upgraded parts.

I may try to pick up a used one (which are still hard to find). I really wish I wouldn't of sold my SC10 4x4 years ago. I loved that truck.
I might sell mine with some extra stuff. It is very low hours. Not sure what its worth. I just don't use it . Tracks are far away.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New to pro sc 4x4 thread

Thinking of getting one as a club racer. Don't know if its worth the money to do so. I race 2wd buggy mostly so this would be a racer that I would do for the pure fun of it. Do they make clear bodies for this truck.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Clear bodies specifically for the ProSC 4x4? No.

But I'm sure you would be able to mount a lot of bodies with a little bit of modification.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New to site and a long awaited return to hobby!

Hey everyone, it's been 25 years and I'm back to the hobby! I just picked up a prosc 4x4 and went a little crazy on hop ups. Every part is either new or upgraded all integy hope ups team shocks and picked up an rx8 and pro4 hd 4300kv I probably could have bought a tekno that everyone is talking about but AE was what I drove back in the day. I've seen a lot of posts saying tekno can't be beat.but, I think with all the bells and whistles you can do to these trucks they're very competitive. I will say I owe a lot to you guys, lots of help and seems like nice people on here. Still in the rebuilding process of truck, but when done I'll make sure to post some pics for sure!
Old 01-05-2018, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Pics

Originally Posted by Bmad619
Hey everyone, it's been 25 years and I'm back to the hobby! I just picked up a prosc 4x4 and went a little crazy on hop ups. Every part is either new or upgraded all integy hope ups team shocks and picked up an rx8 and pro4 hd 4300kv I probably could have bought a tekno that everyone is talking about but AE was what I drove back in the day. I've seen a lot of posts saying tekno can't be beat.but, I think with all the bells and whistles you can do to these trucks they're very competitive. I will say I owe a lot to you guys, lots of help and seems like nice people on here. Still in the rebuilding process of truck, but when done I'll make sure to post some pics for sure!
Lets see the pics!
Old 01-11-2018, 09:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Alan_r? Still around? i have a question about your futaba servo. is it noisey, ticky ticktick,, like interference on a small speaker?
Old 01-21-2018, 07:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Hit the track yesterday to practice and do some racing. Rookies, but they stuck us in 4x4 class. And, also allowed us to race rookie. The trucks showed the signs of running without broken parts for a year though. Nephew had busted front gear box, I had busted rear, my servo saver broke at end of main. during practice we kept showing the signs of having to replace the gear boxes(losing A arms), and I had a shock explode. luckily i had bought some replacement caps from years past.

By the end of the day I hit my breaking point with plastic parts. Considerably cheaper, but I'm tired of wrenching on this thing. Gonna get pricing on the mentioned upgrades. But its x2 with the nephews truck. Anyone craft a metal chassis yet?
Old 01-24-2018, 08:42 AM
Tech Initiate

I've been researching adding the Castle Creations BEC to the stock package.

So far. I didn't cut the red wire going to the ESC from the receiver, as I read to test for internal BEC voltage should be 5v, and I had a reading of 6v. The CC BEC is bypassing the ON/OFF switch and the ESC is now beeping green green as to indicate too high or too low voltage. Any advice?

EDIT - I removed the red wire from receiver to ESC and found everything to be working correctly. Albeit, now the receiver box has power when connected to battery as I watch my transponder flash. The beeping from the ESC is gone. So simple yet so damn confusing with these minute details. Hope this thread picks up again soon.
tazzdevl1 likes this.

Last edited by Meangene67; 01-24-2018 at 09:32 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Tech Initiate

After putting on some new parts im am breaking them, truck seemed nice and smooth though. Lost a Shock Piston Eye and the spring. Damn. I've got most of what alan r popped in it minus the esc and motor. stock radio. running stock setup other than what diff weights. was fish tailing out of straight aways though. Someone care to share
Old 02-08-2018, 05:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah I've had issues with the car getting snakey out of a corner into a straight away. Not really sure how to counter act it as I have tried a few different sets of diff oils front and rear and they didn't seem to help the issue. I'm guessing its more of a suspension or slipper clutch adjustment that needs to be made.

Overall my pro sc 4x4 seems to handle just as good as the Tekno trucks on the track and I have taken 1st at a club race with it. I almost got 1st at a different track but the rear camber link popped off causing the wheel to flop around. Ended up racing for another 3 minutes like that and still got 3rd becasue I had everyone lapped within the first few minutes.

Shocks definitely need thicker oil from stock. I put 50 up front and 40 for rear and that seemed to help with response and handling. Also lowered my roll centers by installing the camber ball studs to the outer most holes on shock tower and hubs. The truck jumps level and smooth and corners great. I have the castle 3800kv sensored motor along with a Mamba Max Pro installed. Really couldn't be happier with this truck. Probably the best RTR I have driven.

Just make sure you keep a handful of parts with you for the track. Parts break. It's part of racing. Luckily the only issues I have had were two of my ball cups wore out so I just bought a pack of them and problem solved. Bought the truck used and have been running it for a few months with no big issues.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey everybody, new guy here. I just ordered a Prosc 4x4 from a main yesterday and it will be here Friday so I’m pretty excited. If I have read correctly, most prolite parts will fit correct?
Old 02-27-2018, 04:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Chassis Dirt Guard

Does anybody know if the dirt guard for the Slash would fit on the Prosc? I get a lot of crap inside of it when I’m out playing around and want to minimize the grass and stuff that get in it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.