Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree36Likes

ProSC 4x4 Ready-To-Run: Team Associated

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 05:41 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

from what some people are saying on another forum its basically an upgraded prolite.

Unless something changes, I don't think this is what AE will support from a racing perspective with setups, etc. and I don't know if they are going to come back with a replacement for the sc10 4x4. Hope I am wrong either way, be nice to have them back in 4x4 SCT from a racing perspective and actually push it.

As for being the cheapest that looks raceable, would think tower hobbies cutback may have it beat on looks and discussions with people owning it.

However I think its great for the class to have cheaper options, now just need a slower "spec" to go off of. Being default mod to me just doesn't make sense for the class in general.

Anyway, has there been any cool upgrades for this mentioned?
Old 02-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Just went through the 70+ page prolite thread again. It looks as though the main problems with the prolite (body posts, shocks and CVA's) has been addressed in the new Pro SC. It looks as if the other two problems left (broken front bumpers and broken front diff cases) can be fixed with a Tbone front bumper for $20 and an aluminum front diff case for $45. The Prosc is $350 on Tower, but with the $60 off coupon, and $36 tower hobbies gift card and free shipping it comes down to $254 shipped. Add $45 for the aluminum diff case and $20 for the Tbone front bumper and you are at $320 shipped for a pretty stout truck if the new designed CVAs and body posts hold up.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any new news on this truck? It has been out a while, anybody track this thing yet? I have seen a few Youtube vids but nothing special aside from the people running them really liking it for the most part.

This thread seemed to die off pretty quickly, let me know if there was another created!
Old 03-10-2015, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You may want to check out the Prolite SC thread. It's basically the same truck when it boils down to it. But this newer version comes with better shocks, body posts, and CVA's. That was the three big things everyone was upgrading in their Prolites before this came out. Well, besides the CVA's which weren't upgradable at the time and you just had to carry spare CVA's.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I want this truck badly, and think for the money, it's peerless. I have an SC10 that obliterates my son's Slash 2WD as far as how well it drives. I think this ProSC would be better than my daughter's Slash 4x4 LCG. I don't want a race truck, I want a fun truck that I can break and upgrade. As a member, you can get this for $305 from Tower. I need to sell some crap and get this post haste!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9cogzRBIrU
Old 05-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Noize
I want this truck badly, and think for the money, it's peerless. I have an SC10 that obliterates my son's Slash 2WD as far as how well it drives. I think this ProSC would be better than my daughter's Slash 4x4 LCG. I don't want a race truck, I want a fun truck that I can break and upgrade. As a member, you can get this for $305 from Tower. I need to sell some crap and get this post haste!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9cogzRBIrU
Did you get one? I have a B5 and am looking into a 4x4 sct or a t5M. This seems to be a decent choice for the price, but im not sure about the shocks on this thing.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Tech Legend

I think the main thing is you have to look at this vehicle from the perspective thats its not a race truck. If you are looking to race and have the kind of experience you want from a pure race truck, you may not be happy with the results.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cain
I think the main thing is you have to look at this vehicle from the perspective thats its not a race truck. If you are looking to race and have the kind of experience you want from a pure race truck, you may not be happy with the results.
What is missing that makes unworthy of racing?
Old 05-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Shatterfarmer
What is missing that makes unworthy of racing?
Suspension design. Just doesn't handle like a race chassis. I have a Prolite and I love it, upgraded to AE big bore shocks all around and upgraded the drivetrain. I broke one body mount but got the newer designed AE ones and havent had a problem since also broke one CVA. I tried racing the truck and it was not competitive at all. Bought a Durango DESC410R (only because I couldn't wait for a new AE) and have been running consistently top three since. I still use my Prolite, but it has been moved over to bashing duties and I still love the truck.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Tech Initiate

So basiclly I need to spend much more money lol. 4wd sct is pricey to get into, seems all the good kits cost more than this RTR.

Last edited by Shatterfarmer; 05-09-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:48 AM
Tech Legend

So basiclly I need to spend much more money lol. 4wd sct is pricey to get into, seems all the good kits cost more than this RTR.
In general pretty much anything race oriented will cost more than a RTR in the same class. Companies if they make an RTR version of the vehicle usually take away things from the Race version to make the RTR version cheaper as they are throwing in electronics.

My suggestion to you is give the used market a look. With Tekno for example releasing the new SCT410.3 , you can find the SCT410s (there was no real version "2") for pretty cheap RTR, and RTR with actual race level electronics. You can do changes that you feel are needed to the vehicle to be like the SCT410.3 which other than some suspension geometry changes (towers, a-arms, etc) it really isn't much. You would then have a vehicle that is race quality for a lower price.

The SCT410s in general are very durable and don't get sloppy.

But that doesn't mean the vehicle can't be raced, you just have to keep in mind what it is and what its made for.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Racing is never cheap.

But if you are looking to start 4x4 SCT, the Losi SCTE RTR is probably the be most competitive for an RTR. As much as I hate to steer someone away from AE and towards Losi it is the best RTR SCT out there. But kits are the way to go when it comes to a good race vehicle. One thing I can say about all the new model 4wd scts out right now is the Durango comes like 70% built in the box, shocks, diffs and steering rack are all pre-assembled so build time is greatly reduced.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Did you get one? I have a B5 and am looking into a 4x4 sct or a t5M. This seems to be a decent choice for the price, but im not sure about the shocks on this thing.
I did. I'm gonna try to sell it soon. I'm building a Tekno.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Whoops, I've been posting in the Prolite thread; didn't realize this truck had its own thread. I've been actively club racing this truck until Associated (if) comes out with an updated SC10 type 4x4. Over the last few months I've only upgraded things as necessary. This week I turned overall lap times that were within a few seconds (10 minute 17L 10:09 was the A main winner- this truck pulled 17L @ 10.12) of the TLR and SC10's so the truck is plenty capable with minor mods. Yeah, it's a Thunder Tiger. But without TT there might not even be an Associated any more. I honestly believe that if there were two pages of blue bling parts available, people would be all over this thing, lol. Anyway, I'm going to do a write up covering what I've done, issues and mods shortly.

Last edited by Alan_r; 10-26-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Please do that! I've seem a colleagues SC5M on our local clay track. Looked pretty awesome.
Due to I've completed my B5 I am a bit short on money, so I was thinking to give the ProSC 4x4 a try.
I already own the B4.2 RS and for funraces and nothing extremly geared races it's more than competitive right out of the box. Just upgaded the servo and use a DX4C.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.