Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Basher BSR BZ-222 1/10 2WD thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

PETROCK WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE QUALITY OF THE PLASTIC I KNOW OU HAVE NOT BOKEN ANYTHING YET , BUT THE FEEL AND THE FIT AND FINISH IN GENERAL
Old 11-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Modelero
What problems does the quanum vandal have?
I'm selecting from HK because i wan't to spend the less possible in an off road (i already spend very much for racing with on road 1/10).
With pure fun i mean driving in a little track like this one:
i.img ur.com/kbzTMmB.jpg
(remove the space)
(It's near the on road track) and occasionally i will use it in a little mountain bike track with jumps (normal terrain)
I apologize for the off topic discussion...

The Vandal has drive shafts that like to loose their pins, diffs are a lil weak, spur gear is vulnerable due to a clearance hole in the chassis and Mod .6 pitch, shocks are pretty marginal, steering rack needs the aluminum upgrade and has plastic wheel hex's.

For further info search Ultimate RC for the big thread about that car....for some reason it won't let me link it here.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beaker151
Have they or you looked at the cdiff conversion or roll pin ball diff conversion for the 22-4. It gives a 22-4 a sort of hybird gear diff feel. http://www.rcshox.com/losi/
they where look for a gear diff. the rolling pin diff conversion look good but the real want gear diffs.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

I asked for the RTR for Xmas and was given it early to play with... and when I knew Santa was probably going to get it for me I ordered the roller as my first cheap batch of parts. They come in exactly the same box only where the roller has some foam padding it's replaced with a cardboard box in the RTR - holding the transmitter (and obviously the RTR has the electrics preinstalled). I've got twins!

Originally Posted by jslider
PETROCK WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE QUALITY OF THE PLASTIC I KNOW OU HAVE NOT BOKEN ANYTHING YET , BUT THE FEEL AND THE FIT AND FINISH IN GENERAL
Compared to other kits I've owned... the plastic feels more firm than flexible. My ECX Circuit has plastics that you can bend easliy... but on the BZ-222 things like the front shock tower feel firm. The rear shock tower is mounted kinda weird - in a way that gives flex... but it also looks like the rear tower could take the rear camber link inner mount with it if it breaks. The A-arms are solid and feel like the hubs or inner hingepin mounts would break before they do. We'll see.

I can't drive this buggy in anger until the weekend. Other than putting a Deans connector on the ESC I want to try it stock first, goofy radio and all. I'll see if I can mount some carpet minipin tires and get some video footage.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taz_S
they where look for a gear diff. the rolling pin diff conversion look good but the real want gear diffs.
They might want to look at the schumacher k1 gear diffs or the tamiya trf501 or 503 gear diffs. I know a lot of the guys running the schumacher k1 with gear diffs have gone back to ball diffs. They felt once they went below 7K diff oil the diffs started to diff out to easy leaving them with either running diff with heavier oil than desired or the ball diff. I have the roll pin diff in my front diff on my k1 one and i have been very pleased with the way it works.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

For those of you guys who already have yours, is there anything listed or known about the final drive or internal ratios? I have not found that anywhere. I also asked for this for Christmas and I'm trying to figure out gearing needs.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll be heading to the LHS this weekend for wheels (Losi 22 front and rears ?) tires and losi spur gear and slipper pads. Than Sunday I'll be racing. Hopefully I can get some on track details for you all.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ezimmerman
I'll be heading to the LHS this weekend for wheels (Losi 22 front and rears ?) tires and losi spur gear and slipper pads. Than Sunday I'll be racing. Hopefully I can get some on track details for you all.
The 22 fronts will not work as this car uses a 12mm front hex. Your best bet will be to get b4/5 wheels.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

My experience with TLR rear wheels for the 22 has been the centers where the hex is machined to the wheel face where the nut sits was too thick for my rear axle to have enough threads to grab the nut enough to hold. You may look at a B4/B44 type wheel instead. I have almost all JConcepts rears with no fitment issues on my 4wd buggy.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

can't wait to see this thing broken !
Old 11-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Tech Rookie

I bought the kit version of this yesterday, and I've got a n00bish question. I gave up wheeled RCs in favour of aircraft back in 2008, and I appear to have forgotten a few of the fundamentals. Vehicles owned included an E-Revo and E-Maxx, and I have quite a few old spares lying around, in particular 32P pinions. Will these work with this buggy?
Old 11-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As soon as someone gets an acceptable replacement body let us know! Thanks for the tire advice everyone!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

As soon as someone gets an acceptable replacement body let us know! Thanks for the tire advice everyone!
I grabbed a Durango DEX210 body on eBay tonight just because it went cheap. I photoshopped some pics over the top of each other at the same scale and it should be close with a little creative trimming.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

what size 48 pitch spur fear are you guys replacing the 32 pitch gear with...just polled the trigger on this car today
Old 11-21-2014, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thefnshow
what size 48 pitch spur fear are you guys replacing the 32 pitch gear with...just polled the trigger on this car today
I'm going to run the 32p setup for awhile (because I bought a few spares) - but to match the stock 64t 32p you'd need a 96t 48p... which I don't think Losi sells. I think the largest from TLR is 88t?

It's going to depend on your track and motor you choose to run: but if you had to order something tomorrow and wanted to match stock gearing, you should buy the 88t 48p Losi spur and use it with a 20 or 21 tooth pinion. (the stock 15/64 ratio is between 20/88 and 21/88)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.