Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MBX6 vs MBX7

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 05:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Default MBX6 vs MBX7

I have recently bought a mugen MBX6 E buggy. I am curious as to what parts are interchangable, and is there anything i need to be sure to upgrade or replace on the MBX6? thanks
Old 10-16-2014, 06:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Replacements just bearings , lower front arms, shock bushings , springs . Upgrade about the only thing you really need is a alum steering saver top piece , alum servo horn , alum rear hubs or M2c lead weights for the rear hubs .
Old 10-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

i wouldnt use the rear alum hubs,you will keep bending your hinge pins..i have never broken a rear hub,since the x5 was out..other stuff mentioned are good upgrades..alum bellcrank maybe/maybe not? i have plastic and aluminum on 2 cars...plastic one holding up for years

#1 upgrades and maybe the only upgrades needed is the rear toe block....
from the x7,you can use the upper front arms,i installed the front/rear ring/pinion diff gears and it gave a ton of steering
Old 10-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Tech Prophet

The Alum saver top piece will give you a better steering feel and when you are on power it points the wheels straighter .

Harrymuffin : no mods to use X7 upper arms or the ring and pinions on the Eco 6 ?
Old 10-16-2014, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
The Alum saver top piece will give you a better steering feel and when you are on power it points the wheels straighter .

Harrymuffin : no mods to use X7 upper arms or the ring and pinions on the Eco 6 ?
nope no mods...the upper arms are the same length. they look better and are stronger.i would only replace the diffs if you wear out the old ones... good point on the steering arm