Community
Wiki Posts
Search

dont know which to buy

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Default dont know which to buy

I am going between a arrma fury box brushless it has a 4 pole 3600kv brushless motor and a associated. Sc10 which has a reedy radon brushed motor there is only about 25 dollars difference in price at my local hobby store and I found that the arrma is owned by tower hobbies so parts are available which do u think is better I will be racing at my local track so please help me out in my decision thank you
Old 10-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you are going to be racing more then bashing, go with the sc10. If you get serious about racing, you will want a sensored brushless setup down the road
Old 10-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

The associated is definitely the more popular truck for racing but that's not to say the Aarma won't be competitive. Our local track had a chap running an aarma and was very successful with it.

I think it is worth noting that aarma is somehow affiliated with Durango, and they are no slouch in the racing realm.

Personally, I like seeing a different or unique vehicle running. Same dude running the aarma also whooped a$$ with a Bandit buggy. Awesome to see a "basher" beating out the $500 race machines.

SC10 has more race specific hop ups readily available, but it might be fun to experiment with the Fury.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Tech Initiate

That's why I was thinking bout the arrma though it's because of the cooling fan on the esc and it's already Lipo ready were the sc10 is not..but what makes the sc10 better I'm kind of new to the sport
Old 10-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speedyangelo138
That's why I was thinking bout the arrma though it's because of the cooling fan on the esc and it's already Lipo ready were the sc10 is not..but what makes the sc10 better I'm kind of new to the sport
It's probably the most popular SC for racing. With that comes a ton of aftermarket support. Also there is a setup sheet for the SC10 for any kind of track you can think of. Whatever you are running on someone else did it already and thought up a setup that works.

I don't think one is better than the other. The SC10 will be easier make faster while the Fury will make you think about tuning.

As a beginner I'd recommend the SC10. Unless of course you want to learn the ins and outs of tuning and forge new territory with a unique platform.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok thank you for all your help