Wiki Posts
Search

spektrum,engine pipe quetion

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Default spektrum,engine pipe quetion

can you use the m8 spektrum on the m11?
i heard you had to drill a hole for apin is that easy I don't want to mess it up.
Is The os v spec a competive motor to the p5 and ws72 The track is small to meduim but I want an engine I can be competive anywhere? please thoughts on this...Also what jammin pipe to use with vspec?
Thanks
Noob Jon
Old 08-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yes you can use the m8 spectrum with the m11, like you said you have to punch two little holes, everything works like normal, but you can't use the "super high speed response system". The os v spec is a very competitive motor, on of the best you can get, especially for a small to meduim track because it has immense amounts of torque. This motor works on any track you can think of. The best pipe to use with it though is the os 2050. But either jammin pipe will work well. the ws7II is a very good motor but it lacks a little torque compared to the p5 and v spec, it would best on an open track. One more thing though, you might want to replace the rear bearing if you get the v spec because it is suspect to failing early in the motors life. hope this all helps
Old 08-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you so much for that info very helpful!!!!
How do you punch the holes in it so it does not break
Thanks
Jon
Old 08-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

i'm not to sure because i don't own an m8, m11 or spectrum. I would check with the guys at your lhs to make sure your spectrum will be compatible, i just read an article in the new xtreme rc mag that "so long as the spectrum is marked m11, it will work even though you will have to drill 2 holes" they also did a comparison on the major pipes for .21 size motors, it was a really good article that you should read. it compared the power and torque from the jammin, os, novarossi, and other pipes.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Which issue od XRC has that pipe article in it? That sounds interesting.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

its the newest issue, i just got it in the mail last friday, i think it is october, it has a picture of an orange subaru on the cover.