Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Maifields first laps with 22 at Outback Raceway. >

Maifields first laps with 22 at Outback Raceway.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maifields first laps with 22 at Outback Raceway.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls
His laps would be the same. No doubt in my mind what so ever. In professional hands, not one of the top level kits is such a game changer that any true pro would have a distinct advantage.

Trust me, this is gonna be same shit different day... Just different stickers on the body
his 22 looks like it has less side bite but more forward bite then his b5m. looks like the losi pushes alittle due to this. but for the first weekend on it, from the first video to the 2nd one you can see the car just looks to get better, by the mains he will have it pretty close.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 9turn
I think the car can make a large amount of difference depending upon how it's set up I had it before that I set up perfectly to the vocal track here in San Antonio and the pros showed up for a weekend race I didn't run in that race but my lap times were three seconds a lap off of what they were running a buddy of mine who is a much better driver than I managed to do two seconds left fast or than what the pros ran but I'm sure he's not at the same level as the pros But he is close
That's the longest sentence in the history of the internet.....
Old 07-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Suspended

I think anyone on this forum could go just as fast as long as you get the same chance he does. We have a job to go to every day, this is his job so while i'm at work he is at the track i only get 2 days of racing he gets all week and the weekend. You pick a car stick with it and learn it driving is driving we all know how. He will be just as fast and competitive but i'm sure it will take some time until he gets it figured out plus he has the team support as well.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racer52
I think anyone on this forum could go just as fast as long as you get the same chance he does. We have a job to go to every day, this is his job so while i'm at work he is at the track i only get 2 days of racing he gets all week and the weekend. You pick a car stick with it and learn it driving is driving we all know how. He will be just as fast and competitive but i'm sure it will take some time until he gets it figured out plus he has the team support as well.
are you saying that anyone can be as fast as Maifield and other pros if they got to drive every day like him?
Old 07-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Just like everyone can be in the NHL or Nascar if they worked real hard right?

Ok so thats a bit of an unfair comparison but hopefully you get the point. Some people are just more talented at certain things then other people.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Suspended

Not everyone, but you get out of it what you put into it. Some just want to have fun and some want to win.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Not everyone, but you get out of it what you put into it. Some just want to have fun and some want to win.
I know, i'm just saying not everyone can just quit their job, race 7 days a week and expect to win A-mains. You get out what you put in to a certain point but everyone plateaus and some peoples peaks are just higher then others at any given task.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shawner85
I know, i'm just saying not everyone can just quit their job, race 7 days a week and expect to win A-mains. You get out what you put in to a certain point but everyone plateaus and some peoples peaks are just higher then others at any given task.
Your correct, i can't quit my job to race rc i wish i could. I guess if get the chance to race with those guys every weekend you would get better for sure, the rest would be how bad do you want it and is your passion, i still believe if you want something bad enough you can get it with hard work and some luck it's possible.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Even if you raced 7 days a week, 8 hours a day, you will never be as fast as this guy or any of those top pros.

Will you get faster than you are now? Yes. But you will never be as fast as RM or any of those guys no matter how much you practice. They have an ability that has nothing to do with practice. It's just a hand eye coordination thing that exceeds the average persons ability.

It would be like saying that if you studied physics enough, you could be as smart as Steven Hawking...

Even if you drove the same layout, day in and day out, these guys will show up and beat you the first day.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Phend hasn't been alive as long as RM has been driving RC, yet somehow, he is just as fast or even faster. Not because of practice.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Suspended

It seems as if i should of kept my comments to myself. Really don't want to debate this thanks for setting me straight.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillyT.
Even if you raced 7 days a week, 8 hours a day, you will never be as fast as this guy or any of those top pros.

Will you get faster than you are now? Yes. But you will never be as fast as RM or any of those guys no matter how much you practice. They have an ability that has nothing to do with practice. It's just a hand eye coordination thing that exceeds the average persons ability.

It would be like saying that if you studied physics enough, you could be as smart as Steven Hawking...

Even if you drove the same layout, day in and day out, these guys will show up and beat you the first day.
Originally Posted by BillyT.
Phend hasn't been alive as long as RM has been driving RC, yet somehow, he is just as fast or even faster. Not because of practice.
You are right practice has nothing to do with it at all....

IN all seriousness that's just not true! Practice makes you faster and with enough practice someone could become as fast as those guys. Your assumption is wrong.

Case in point and not RC related Michael Jordan was cut from his high School Basketball team his Junior year.

With enough time and dedication just about most people could become competitive. And to say Dakota is fast but not because of practice? Seriously?
Old 07-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Isn't that saying that every club racer that has posted saying they went faster going from car A to car B is wrong?

Once you can no longer adapt, aka run out of talent, you need to find equipment that best suits your ability. Cars all drive different, some more than others. If you can't adapt to the driving style a certain car needs to reach its full potential you're simply not going to go as fast with it as you would a car that you find easier to drive.

IMO
Note I said "prefer". I too tried several 2wd buggies before settling on the one that suits me. My point was a driver that talented can make up for the little differences better than we can.
He is hellish quick right off the bat.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Racer52 - it is true that some people could be a top level professional if they had the time - if it was their job to do so. Maybe they are the top club racer at their track and they only race a few times a year... of course not everyone can do that but you are right, some could.

Reminds me of a short story by Mark Twain:
"Mark Twain once described a man who died and met Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates. Knowing that St. Peter was very wise, the man asked a question that he had wondered about his entire life.

He said, "Saint Peter, I have been interested in military history for many years. Who was the greatest general of all time?" Saint Peter quickly responded, "oh that's a simple question. It's that man right over there." "You must be mistaken," responded the man, now very perplexed. "I knew that man on earth, and he was just a common laborer." "That's right, my friend," assured Saint Peter. "He would have been the greatest general of all time, if he had been a general."
Old 07-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
his 22 looks like it has less side bite but more forward bite then his b5m. looks like the losi pushes alittle due to this. but for the first weekend on it, from the first video to the 2nd one you can see the car just looks to get better, by the mains he will have it pretty close.
Back on topic. When I had the 22, I did think it pushed a bit as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.