Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Manufacturers need to have test drive days. >

Manufacturers need to have test drive days.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Manufacturers need to have test drive days.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 06:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I thought traxxas did some of this at CORR events and any other events sponsored by them.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
I thought traxxas did some of this at CORR events and any other events sponsored by them.
Thats true, AE also does it at some of the Lucas Oil races as well. I know that TLR was at Supercross races in the Rockstar pits with their cars, i dont think they did demo's though. HPI has set up drift demos at various events. They are out there but you have to know where they are and attend.

It's setup more for the guy that has never seen a r/c car before, so its more of an entry level thing...alot of slashes, SC10RS', RTR stuff mostly. I dont think you will ever see anything dedicated to the racer that is trying to decide between different brands of high dollar items like speed controls or something like that. Thats what the regional sponsored guys are for.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Thats true, AE also does it at some of the Lucas Oil races as well. I know that TLR was at Supercross races in the Rockstar pits with their cars, i dont think they did demo's though. HPI has set up drift demos at various events. They are out there but you have to know where they are and attend.

It's setup more for the guy that has never seen a r/c car before, so its more of an entry level thing...alot of slashes, SC10RS', RTR stuff mostly. I dont think you will ever see anything dedicated to the racer that is trying to decide between different brands of high dollar items like speed controls or something like that. Thats what the regional sponsored guys are for.
I just wounder if any of the big names where to do something like a demo day geared towards racers, how would they go about it. There are so many different combinations of stuff. It is a great idea, just not sure how any one would go about it.

I understand cars, motorcycles, dirtbikes, and equipment that you buy as a whole package. I.E. when you go a dealership and test drive a car, you don't get the option to pick the engine, tires, and accessories to a certain extent. You can select some of it, but not the range of options we have in the RC world.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:31 AM
Tech Champion

During the Reedy Race and the April Fools Race in Utah Schelle's very own Kurt Wenger put on a Coach's Clinic. Kurt talked about setup techniques, driving lines...from what I heard alot of very useful info.

Pro-Line and Ty Tessman (and Cody King i believe) put on their own clinics as well. Discussing everything from setup to pit strategy. Everybody who signs up gets a grab bag of goodies as well.

The stuff is out there, you just have to know where to look.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Pro-Line and Ty Tessman (and Cody King i believe) put on their own clinics as well. Discussing everything from setup to pit strategy. Everybody who signs up gets a grab bag of goodies as well.
110% is a joke. It was mainly for Proline/Tessmans to showcase Tanner Stees. Every driver got ONE free set of tires to run the clinic with, except Tanner had Gord mounting up a few sets for him to use for the race they were having at the end of the clinic.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hoese37
110% is a joke. It was mainly for Proline/Tessmans to showcase Tanner Stees. Every driver got ONE free set of tires to run the clinic with, except Tanner had Gord mounting up a few sets for him to use for the race they were having at the end of the clinic.
well then.....i was just going off what i read. Stating that these events are out there. As far as what actually happens and any hidden agendas exits...couldnt tell ya.