Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy NEO Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 01:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Cool Dropping the dough for brushless

I just picked up a Sphere ESC today and was very impressed by how smooth and easy it works... I am currently using for a Mod Motor but am looking into a nice brushless motor in another week or so...

Can anyone tell me differences between the Vector and NEO One ????

The guy at the LHS was kinda pushing the Reedy NEO. . ..

Has anyone else run a Sphere with a stock motor??? just wondering cause I cant get the brakes set up for my stocker... just the mod...
Old 08-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Neo-One & Vetor

From what Reto-Koenig (LRP R&D Manager) has mentioned is that the Reedy Neo-One and the LRP Vector are the same Brushless Motor but just with different labeling. It will be sold under the Reedy name in the States and under both the LRP Vector & Reedy name in Europe and other parts of the world. At least this is more or less what I remember him saying.

As for the avaialbility of the LRP Sphere and Neo-One... as mentioned they seem to finally be available at a number of hobby shops across the U.S. and even on eBay. My combo is finally on it's way to me after months and months of waiting! I really just can't wait to drop the System into my BJ4 and just let er rip!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:53 PM
msm
Tech Rookie

Stealth let us know how it works and what gearing you found to be the best, some pics of the bj4 and the neo would be nice!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hobby People has the Reedy Neo for 79.99 ... Wow... and Ultimate is selling it for 99 i think... what a difference...

its coming soon... to my truck..
Old 08-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by msm
Stealth let us know how it works and what gearing you found to be the best, some pics of the bj4 and the neo would be nice!!!

Though I don't have a copy with me at the moment.... a good review I read recently which you might want to go through soon is the September issue of RC DRIVER. It has a good and thorough review on the LRP Sphere and Reedy Neo-One written by Greg Vogel and he tests it with a BJ4! It has some good pics included in it especially how it all fits in the BJ4. The website says it's on page 148 and I'm sure other details like gearing, etc. are all mentioned.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:59 AM

nicee! post a video up soon stealth! and also be sure to share that link.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Brushless all the way!
Old 08-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Tech Initiate

i got it finally, it is in my mf2 and it rips, the mf2 is completely stock and i have an 18 tooth pinion on the neo one, it is great... it goes faster than my rc18t with a mamba 6800 and a 2 cell lipo, i love it, i will post a video soon i hope
Old 08-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by drew840

Has anyone else run a Sphere with a stock motor??? just wondering cause I cant get the brakes set up for my stocker... just the mod...

I just my Lrp Sphere ESC & NEO 1 tonight !

I ran it in stock in my B-4 and the "Sphere`s" performance was very impressive.

SMOOTH
MORE PUNCH ( quite noticeabe)
BRAKES very smooth

For stock motor`s the Sphere is very fast ...

I was running the 3 3 3 set-up if that helps you....

I havent even read the instructions yet , I was lucky & had help with the set-up tonight...
But the brake waz working just find fer me.....
I can`t wait will to see how my Neo 1 motor will rip next.

Best of luck ...
Old 09-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sphere reviews?

Can anyone give any more of a "racer's" review of the Sphere/Neo? I'm currently trying to decide between the sphere and the GTB... and I think for me it all comes down to this:

How good is the sportsman and low-grip mode on the neo when used with the sphere?

If the sphere in sportsman is nice to drive, legitimately performs close to a good stock motor, and is of as high a quality the Novak units... then I'm sold on the Sphere.

Otherwise, I prefer Novak's experience with brushless, the 6V BEC circuit, the user-replaceable signal wires, and the slightly-smaller footprint of the GTB.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

If you really want the Sportsman option then your best off with the LRP/Reedy system as the GTB does not have a Sportsman mode like the SS system.

Sean
Old 09-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

I use the Novak SS system with the 5800 motor in my Triple XT. It works great for stock. Plenty of punch, speed, and good braking. I was waiting for the LRP system to come out, but it took too long. I bought the ss5800 system and have not regretted it. I have bashed around a bit using the unlimited mode and it is truly fast. I have not compared it to the LRP system, yet, so I can't say it's better or worse in practicality to the LRP. The specs look better for the LRP on paper, but not sure if it really makes a $60 difference in performance.

Bob Nielsen, do you race at Mike's in Carrollton? I've seen your screen name on the boards there. You can talk to a few guys there. I know a few people have it there, but no one uses it for on-road.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Legend

Bob ...

I have already ran one stock race with the Lrp Sphere ESC in the REV-Mode with the Neo 1 motor..

This mode is design for low traction conditions...

At TRCR(Off-Road) in Tacoma, WA I used a B-4 with a 21 /81 gear..
When you rev the car in your hand you can hear the rev limiter bounce , just like the full size race cars . You can feel it kick in as well on the staight, although its very light & you can hardly feel it.

The power band is almost exactly like a normal stock motor , and feels just like a stock motor on the track.

However the power band is soft at the start, turning into strong mid-range power, before the rev limiter kicks in...

The top speed with the 21 pinion is a bit faster than a p2k with a 24/81....

And if you gear even taller you will be alot faster than a good stock brush motor. However , for every tooth up, you get a lot less power band( not as smooth thottle) .

The Lrp Sphere ESC & Neo on the Rev-mode will surprise you just how close they came to making a motor that can be duel purpose. (Stock & a Modiflied motor )
However, it still could used more refinement...

Thus the reason they are going to release a stock brushless version of the Neo .
I`m sure this is gona be your dream come true design for racing stock with a brushless.

AND ... remind you , you still can run a normal stock brush motor with the Sphere, I don`t think you can do that with the Novak system.....

Hope this helps

BDW

I love my Sphere & NEO ....

Will never look back and run brush motor`s again.....

Wild (Geo)

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 09-02-2005 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by briansid
Bob Nielsen, do you race at Mike's in Carrollton? I've seen your screen name on the boards there. You can talk to a few guys there. I know a few people have it there, but no one uses it for on-road.
He races at Mike's. Mostly carpet lately though. Somehow Bob won stock class last weekend. Now I see he is looking to continue his domination with a brushless motor on the carpet! CHEETAH!

Originally Posted by Bob Nilsen
Can anyone give any more of a "racer's" review of the Sphere/Neo? I'm currently trying to decide between the sphere and the GTB... and I think for me it all comes down to this:

How good is the sportsman and low-grip mode on the neo when used with the sphere?

If the sphere in sportsman is nice to drive, legitimately performs close to a good stock motor, and is of as high a quality the Novak units... then I'm sold on the Sphere.

Otherwise, I prefer Novak's experience with brushless, the 6V BEC circuit, the user-replaceable signal wires, and the slightly-smaller footprint of the GTB.
If you would show up to race when you said you were going to *whap* you could ask Pat and George at SRH. They both have had one for a few weeks now. The only comments I remember George had on the Sphere was that it was too much motor for the SRH track. Talk to them next time you can make it out. If you don't know them I'll point them out.

I heard from OldRC10Guy that the GTB has no sportsman/fake stock mode. Buying GTB means no quasi-cheating in stock class at Mike's!

I also read somewhere (on here I think) that the motors (Neo One and 5.5 Velociti) themselves are produced by the same manufacturer. The only difference is the label. Can anyone confirm this? If you plan to shoot me down just be gentle.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

They may come out of the same factory no idea but isn't the Neo One the same motor as the LRP Vector and my understanding is that the LRP is a 7.5 turn while the Novak options are 6.5 and 5.5 turns?

If you read the blurb for the Neo One and the LRP Vector you can substitute Neo One for Vector and otherwise it is the same. Also I believe associated/ reedy have a history of rebadging LRP products for US consumption as the american market likes to think they are using home grown products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.