Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LiPo battery help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 01:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Default LiPo battery help.

Hi, I got my 2s zippy lipo today and was going to charge it, mine is 6000mah. It says I should divide it by 1000 eg. 2200mah = 2.2 amps. But in my charger mine only goes up to 5 amps is that fine to charge it at 5 amps?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2014, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zeraus7
Hi, I got my 2s zippy lipo today and was going to charge it, mine is 6000mah. It says I should divide it by 1000 eg. 2200mah = 2.2 amps. But in my charger mine only goes up to 5 amps is that fine to charge it at 5 amps?

Thanks
Yes it's fine to charge at 5amps, just make sure you charge it long enough to get up to the right mah, some 5amp chargers have a time cutoff that sometimes won't let you get enough mah in, just put on for a second charge if you think it's not right.

Justin
Old 04-28-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpm1
Yes it's fine to charge at 5amps, just make sure you charge it long enough to get up to the right mah, some 5amp chargers have a time cutoff that sometimes won't let you get enough mah in, just put on for a second charge if you think it's not right.

Justin
Yes, with those if you get to 120:00 for the charge time it cut off on the timer and still has room to accept more charge cycle. So make sure it is not hot or anything and charge it a bit more.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok thanks guys. Will do that now