Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC8T E-conversion options..

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Default RC8T E-conversion options..

I may end up converting my RC8T, and am considering options... So I have the following questions:

1.) Is the Integy kit worth considering. It's very cheap, and locally available.
2.) I could also get the RC8.2e mount, tray, and diff holder/servo tray from an ebay chop shop for a bit more money.. (€50-60 as opposed to €35 shipped for the Integy kit..)

I have a brand new Ripper motor, and would then buy a HW 150a ESC. It would be used for messing around, not racing. Anyway, just looking for the simplest and cheapest way to convert it.. Thanks...
Old 03-21-2014, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The Associated parts are the much better option for a couple of reasons:
1. The AE battery tray keys into the engine mount and flywheel holes to prevent dirt from getting in from the bottom. Almost all of the screws thread into locknuts so you can't strip out the holes in the tray. It also has molded in guides to route your speed controller wire and keep it from sliding into the spur gear. I think the Integy tray has none of those features.
2. The RC8.2E motor mount has 2 screws you access from the top to adjust gear mesh which is super easy. The Integy mount requires you to adjust gear mesh via the front of the motor which you will realize is a huge pain after doing it once.
3. The Integy kit would require cutting your stock radio tray for the steering servo mount, this means buying a new radio tray if you want to go back to nitro. The AE steering servo mount also has a built in receiver box as an added bonus.

Since you already have a RC8 buggy too, you can also swap over to the buggy sized spur gear. I'm not sure if you could fit the proper gearing in with the stock spur.

Last edited by kawi650; 03-21-2014 at 05:38 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Don't count this one out either. http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr4506-...r-42mm-motors/
Old 03-21-2014, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

/\ I run the tekno conversion on my Losi 8ight-t and it really is fantastic. I would take a hard look at it and if it's in your budget go that route.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Tekno is out. Too expensive, too much of a hassle to get it here in Europe, and I don't want to be limited on the size of motor I can run.. Not sure if it's true, but I've been told I can't run my Ripper motor because it's 40mm instead of 42... Anyway, this is definitely meant to be a cheap conversion.. Not racing or anything.. I also want the option of switching back to nitro if/when I want to..
Old 03-21-2014, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Tekno is out. Too expensive, too much of a hassle to get it here in Europe, and I don't want to be limited on the size of motor I can run.. Not sure if it's true, but I've been told I can't run my Ripper motor because it's 40mm instead of 42... Anyway, this is definitely meant to be a cheap conversion.. Not racing or anything.. I also want the option of switching back to nitro if/when I want to..
Any motor 42mm and smaller will fit in the mount.