Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobby Pro USA PRST1 2wd Stadium Truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any of you guys try the truck in mm outdoors on a medium traction surface?
Old 03-31-2015, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by x195svt
Not yet, but I will be this season. At the track I will be racing at, most buggy guys were mid-motor for the whole year, and way faster than rm drivers (some of whom switched and got instantly faster). The track is well-maintained and is usually a smooth hard-pack with a light dusting on top. The mains occur at night, when the track holds moisture the best, and there is usually a lot of traction. I guess it isn't "high" traction like indoor track are, so I guess we can call it medium,or medium-high.

I am really excited to get the truck (and the buggy) outside this year. I normally don't change much on my setup besides tires. My truck has been ballistic inside...as long as I pick the right tires it should be no different outside.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Another great day with the truck. Won the A, and turned a lap almost as fast as the mod buggy winner! The fast guys in buggy were running fast laps around 13.5 seconds, I had a 13.7 and a 13.9 in the truck main.

As far as durability goes, the last few weeks have been really good. I broke a rear turnbuckle 2 weeks ago and went ahead and replaced all of them with Lunsford Titanium ones. I also broke a plastic rear hub in a qualifying heat last week. The CF gearbox brace has been great so far...no transmission case breakages yet. I think if I got the aluminum rear hubs the truck would be indestructible!
Old 04-05-2015, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lappdawg27
Another great day with the truck. Won the A, and turned a lap almost as fast as the mod buggy winner! The fast guys in buggy were running fast laps around 13.5 seconds, I had a 13.7 and a 13.9 in the truck main.

As far as durability goes, the last few weeks have been really good. I broke a rear turnbuckle 2 weeks ago and went ahead and replaced all of them with Lunsford Titanium ones. I also broke a plastic rear hub in a qualifying heat last week. The CF gearbox brace has been great so far...no transmission case breakages yet. I think if I got the aluminum rear hubs the truck would be indestructible!
can you post a pic?
Old 04-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bring it on
can you post a pic?
I can, but it looks just like the pic you posted in the buggy thread. I use the buggy wing mount in the rear for the truck so I have the same issue with there not being enough room to put the nut on the end of the long wing mount screw. It hasn't fallen out in either the buggy or truck...I think the brace covers the screw head just enough to keep it from coming out.

BTW, I just sent you an order for some more truck wheels...time to mount up some outdoor tires!! Thanks for getting my recent orders out quickly!
Old 04-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

I can, but it looks just like the pic you posted in the buggy thread. I use the buggy wing mount in the rear for the truck so I have the same issue with there not being enough room to put the nut on the end of the long wing mount screw. It hasn't fallen out in either the buggy or truck...I think the brace covers the screw head just enough to keep it from coming out.

BTW, I just sent you an order for some more truck wheels...time to mount up some outdoor tires!! Thanks for getting my recent orders out quickly!
thanks for the support and for the response
Old 04-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone know if the shocks on the stadium truck are the same as the 2wd buggy shocks (short front and long rear), or are the fronts longer than the buggy? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Same as the buggy.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by x195svt
I run mine on medium-low traction, but I run rear motor too. I tried mm and didn't like it, the truck has a ton of steering rear motor.

Old 06-28-2015, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Well I tried mine in MM outdoors and it wasn't very good. I tried 2 different types of tires (ones I used before on my Durango ST, I just remounted them on HP wheels) and all night I was having rear traction issues. There was a T5M running against me who said his truck felt great, and he was on ss dirt webs, which I do not have (I have them on order with the LHS, but they are backorder. I think I am going to try it in rear motor to see what that does.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Couldn't find a specific thread for the SC201 and was wondering what spares should I keep in my box. Getting my list together

Tires: I have a box full of Slash rear offset and was hoping they will work ?? If not what fits ?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-28-2015, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slowsrc
Couldn't find a specific thread for the SC201 and was wondering what spares should I keep in my box. Getting my list together

Tires: I have a box full of Slash rear offset and was hoping they will work ?? If not what fits ?

Thanks in advance
Rear hubs, front caster blocks and spindles (those are sold together in a single pack), ballcups, turnbuckles, gearboxes.

If you have the $ get the following upgrades:
-carbon fiber transmission brace (you will not break the gearbox then)
-pro steering blocks (consists of 2 separate part nos.)
-3mm machined motor plate (stock one will bend in RM, MM you would be fine with the stock one)
-aluminum front 0 degree castor blocks (I have broke the stock plastic one on my truck, my buggy ones have held up fine, this could probably be optional)

Once you do those things my HP stuff has been pretty indestructible.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

BTW, there is a SC thread here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-official.html
Old 06-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I'm changing my truck back to mid motor this week, I picked up a T5M body. I'll report back on how well it fits after I get it cleaned up. Poor guy is still dirty from the big outdoor race last month.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Rear hubs, front caster blocks and spindles (those are sold together in a single pack), ballcups, turnbuckles, gearboxes.

If you have the $ get the following upgrades:
-carbon fiber transmission brace (you will not break the gearbox then)
-pro steering blocks (consists of 2 separate part nos.)
-3mm machined motor plate (stock one will bend in RM, MM you would be fine with the stock one)
-aluminum front 0 degree castor blocks (I have broke the stock plastic one on my truck, my buggy ones have held up fine, this could probably be optional)

Once you do those things my HP stuff has been pretty indestructible.
Thanks for the info and link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.