Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
2 Awesome cars don't know which to get!! >

2 Awesome cars don't know which to get!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 Awesome cars don't know which to get!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Exclamation 2 Awesome cars don't know which to get!!

Hey there guys I am in the market for a 4wd sct and I was thinking TLR scte 2.0 or Tekno sct410. I will be racing a lot of indoor and out, so it's not deppending on which is better for the application people at my track use both and are amazing!! A magor flaw for the tekno is TLR has parts support tekno dosn't people still use the tekno's it's just...if you break an A arm your done for the day if you breakone on a tlr walk to the shop buy the part...your back in!! I already know what electronics I would put in and stuff I just need help choosing a kit!!
thanks
Old 02-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Best thing to do is sift through both threads on here. They are full of everything you need to know.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Not trying to measure wonkies here, but one of the Tekno's greatest attributes is that it rarely breaks or develops slop. In your situation though it sound like either would work for you. Best advice, since there are both present at your track, drive both and decide what you like. Two totally different trucks so that should make it easy.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Reread your post and you'll find your answer.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Go with the one you can get parts for you will enjoy it much more
Old 02-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

My vote is for the tekno. I've owned 3 losi SCTE's & presently own 2 tekno 410's. The wear resistance on the tekno is very good. Also never broke an arm on an SCTE or 410. But biggest thing is to drive both & decide which you like more. Both are good vehicles.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JASF4I
My vote is for the tekno. I've owned 3 losi SCTE's & presently own 2 tekno 410's. The wear resistance on the tekno is very good. Also never broke an arm on an SCTE or 410. But biggest thing is to drive both & decide which you like more. Both are good vehicles.
This! I've owned 2 scte's would go Tekno even if I had to order parts.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlwaysLOSI
This! I've owned 2 scte's would go Tekno even if I had to order parts.
2.0?
Old 02-27-2014, 12:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

The Tekno is the best 4WD SCT hands down!
Trust me, you'd have to WORK at it to break an arm!
Old 02-27-2014, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So if there are several tekno's at your track.I'd be asking the owner when they are going to support the racers with parts????
Old 02-27-2014, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

and ask one of the local drivers if you can do a few laps with one of the buggies. One or the other may just feel more comfortable to you....
Old 02-27-2014, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
The Tekno is the best 4WD SCT hands down!
Trust me, you'd have to WORK at it to break an arm!
Everything will have a failure at some point for some reason. I have seen it with Tekno as well. Watched a wheel fall off when a stub axel just snapped at the base of the threads. Not from an impact, but fatigue over time.

Either truck will be driven hard, it is a brutal life, both are tough, the Tekno seems a bit tougher to me in out of the box comparison. But you have better on the spot support for Losi, just a bigger company with better supply channels.

In the end though you will be very happy with either one. If you do go Tekno get to know the other Tekno guys at the track. Odds are any part you break will be a spare somebody has and you can work something out. Happens that way where I am at.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I also have owned both and I am a fan of both companies. Your going to get both opinions so I'll throw mine in as well. TEKNO was the best build I've ever put together and I ordered a set of arms front and rear, a couple spurs and alum hexes. I beat this truck to death because it is over motored and I'm a throttle jockey . I've broken a front in we hinge pin and one front arm jumping into an I-beam - I've had it since the day the SCT410 came out and that + a spur gear is it. Always good to have some spares regardless - possibly shock shafts as well. The TEKNO turned so well that I had to take some steering out . The SCTE I always seam to run out of options to make it turn, like every setup option to make I turn was at max. I still liked the SCTE but the TEKNO was a breeze to turn and that made all the difference.

I'm not a sponsored - just my 2 cents
Old 02-27-2014, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

If you go Tekno, do your self a favor and get the aluminum wheel hexes right away. That is really the only must have. IMO
Old 02-27-2014, 05:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just built my tekno and the quality of parts is superior to the losi scte. From what other have stated you won't need many parts so local support is less of a factor. It should be known that the losi uses standard size screws, while the tekno use metric. As I have plenty of rc cars that use the typical metric format I have extra screws and would not need to purchase tools...unless you have them already,,,, the screws on the losi were soft and I stripped a few screws until I purchased a new screw set. The losi will wear quicker and develop slop. Cost of ownership will be cheaper with the tekno in the long run.....I want a car that will not wear fast and not break that often so I can spend my time tuning my car before heats, not fixing something to just get it running. Lastly, the tekno turns great....it's a no brainier for me....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.