Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 05:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Default stadium trucks

what is the best stadium truck?
Old 07-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

drake 2, mugen, ae gt ft, jato, these are the top four it all boils down to driving skill and set up from there. good luck.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

I agree with your choices, but I think it just needs some more spelling out. The Team Losi XXX-NT Adam Drake 2, the Team Associated RC10GT, the Mugen Sieki MST-1, and the Traxxas JATO. All the ones listed here are nitro, if your looking for an electric truck it all boils down to the Duratrax Evader ST, the Team Associated T4, the Team Losi XXX-T, and the Traxxas Rustler. The Losi's and Associated's are the proven racers, while the Traxxas is the backyard basher of the group. The Duratrax brings the concept of neutrality to the table with features similar to those found on the Losi's and Associated's, while still able to take a beating. As far as the nitro trucks go, the XXX-NT AD2 or the JATO are probably your best bets. The XXX-NT is the newest racing truck, with the most technologicly advanced racing features, and best overall on-track performance. The JATO would probably beat the Losi in just about any bashing contest, and is a lot faster, but it isn't legal for ROAR sanctioned events. If your looking to bash, either go with the RC10GT, or the JATO, and if your looking to race, go with the XXX-NT. The reason I didn't list the RC10GT as a "race truck" is because it's aging design hasn't been overhauled in such a long time, it is lucky to still be in the same league as the XXX-NT. The T2 shares much of the same components as the GT, and the T2 debuted in the mid-90's. Associated has seem to have forgotten about their nitro fleet for a while. I am sure they are on the brink of releasing a NTC4, or a similar nitro vehicle, but recently they have been concentrating on the electric side of the sport. The GT still does win quite often however, but as far as technology goes, the GT seems to be runnng out of steam.

You didn't leave us much to help you with, but I hope this is what you were looking for!
Old 07-31-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

thats what i dont like about associated there gt wins in the hands of jared tebo and ryan caverleri, but half of the parts they use you cant even buy, tebo rings, quick change rear hubs, three shoe clutch, and many other secret tricks, you should only be able to compete with a truck that you can buy off the shelf or parts you can buy off the shelf in national events. also i give losi alot of credit if it wasnt for them challenging the rc10 back in 1988 we still might all be running gold chassis rc10. dont give associated the business on the gt until they get off there buts and give us something new already.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I just want to disagree with everything you guys say about the gt. But I can't. If a new one doesn't come out I'll probably go with a Losi next season. Sad to say b/c I just love the gt and do well with it. But the losi just looks like it's easier to drive faster. Not sure until I drive one, but we'll see.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

The original XXXNT is a blast, but the stock Dynamite MACH .15 has got to go! If you want to see pics, of mine, go t to www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/XXXNT.html. Keep in mind this is the origional XXXNT Sport, not the AD, or the RTRII, this is the RTR. First came the XXXNT, then the RTR (mine), then the AD, then the AD2, then the RTRII.

Lets see, there was the T2, the GT, the B2, the GT, the B3, the GT, the T3, the GT, the B4, the GT, the T4, and finally the GT! Is it just me or has associated forgotten how to build a gas car?
Old 07-31-2005, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

its not that they forgot or anything, and im sure they do have plans for a new gt... but the GT is still winning so why mess w. it, i mean good example look at the TC3 it was pretty dominant, and then came the TC4 and it has struggled alot... not sayin it aint good, but yeah.... they also just keep comin up w/ new upgrades for it or different versions of it.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

The GT is a race truck, and no one here can argue with it's credentials, but the suspension is based on the T2, and Team Associated has obviously seen the need to revise the T2, making a newer T3, and again into the T4. I am not saying the GT is a loser, all I am saying is that if the design wasn't good enough for the electric truck, why do they leave it intact for the nitro one? Team Associated could have updated the GT everytime they updated the electric trucks. Basically, the GT is a T2 with a nitro mill, so why didn't Team Associated just drop a nitro mill into the T3 or T4 and make a RC10GT2, or RC10GT3, by my count, it should be up to RC10GT4 by now! Traxxas did a similar thing by taking the front and rear diffs, shock towers, and suspension parts, and slapped them onto a new chassis with dual motors and a couple sub C packs, converting the most popular nitro monster truck, into one of the most popular electric monster trucks. Why can't Associated do the same with the GT? The front and rear of the T4 are pretty modular, and easily adaptable. If someone wanted, they could probably make their own RC10GT4 with T4 parts and a one off chassis, we are just waiting for Associated to realize the same thing. The GT has won A LOT of championships, and in no circumstances should be considered a slouch, but when you look at it, Losi has been updating their trucks, and Associated has just made a few graphite parts, with anodized this and that. The competition has been working on quick change wheels, interchangeable rims, variable length arms, and stock titanuim nitride pins and shafts throught! AE could potentially dominate with some suspension revisions, but they choose to just "Hop-Up" the same truck, over, and over, and over again!
Old 08-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

I've been thinking about this topic today as I was tearing down my dusted 1/8 scale motor. And the conclusion I came to was I guess I will stick with ae most likely next year for the sole fact it is so simple and fast to work on it. I can tear down basically any part of the truck independent of everything else and that means alot to me when it comes to track fix's and also at home maintaing it. The 1/8 and other cars take enough of my time as I like my cars to be mechanically perfect condition on race day.

As far as losi and durability... I don't see where people get that they break easily and often. I've seen a couple break, but no more than other guys gt's. They seem plenty strong to me. I'm still up in the air in what to get next year but it's a long ways off anyhow. And I will not hold my breath waiting for a new gt. I'll believe that the day I see one on the track at a club race.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

The Losi's are pretty tough, and I don't even have the graphite one! The only suspension piece I have ever broken was a front A-arm. The breakage was no fault of the truck however. I was racing at one of the local off-road tracks, when a 1/8 scale Hyper 7 came around the turn, blasting down the straightaway. My diff is completely locked, and I took the turn too fast, resulting in a 180 spin. My truck was not moving, but the Hyper 7 however...

solid 40MPH!

The result was a broken A-arm on my XXX-NT, and a slightly slower lap time for the Hyper 7. The Losi was easy to fix though, and was back on the track within 2 laps. There is a convinient slot that allowed an extremely secure spot to thread a zip tie through, and I finished the night without having to worry too much about the arm.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

basically in my opinion i have bought the original xxxnt in the year 2000, and i didnt buy the factory team because i was afraid as soon as i bought it associated would come out with a new truck well now its 2005 and still no new truck from ae but i have had a drake one and now a drake two. associated was recently bought by thunder tiger so who knows what now. but they have the potential to build a wild truck like the t4 and some new things that would bring associated a fortune. if the truck would perform or not who knows that will take a while to find out. look as losi with there 4wd at the worlds in italy jukka stennari is going to run the old xx4we, and the roar modified was just won by a xx4. but losi has sold a ton of xxx4. people in this hobby like to see new products and gadgets thats one reason we love this hobby i will probally wait ten years for a losi eight scale buggy but thats ok, i cant wait. if associated dosnt make a move eventually they will lose business from traxxas, losi, and dont forget about kyosho i think they make a good gas buggy, and even xray if they built a gas truck then it could be game over. later guys.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

I just wanted to add;
I am not saying that the GT or the T2 are poorly engineered, but what I am saying is that they have outdated suspension geometries. I myself own a T2, and am very pleased with the way Team Associated put the truck together, but there is a reason why they don't prowl big events and races anymore, and that is because they are proprietary, and would need more work to keep current and competative than they would be worth.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

I think the gt and the losis have their tracks. I race with a buddy and we are about even in skill. I think he may even be faster. On the slick tracks his losi gets me. On the rough blown out loamy tracks my gt gets him. It's weird like that.

I don't mind the gt on hardpack, but the losi's just seem like they make it easier to drive them faster on the harder slick stuff.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This to me is one of the weirdest questions to answer. I have owned both cars and have a good and bad opinions on both. It mainly boils down to a lot that has been brought up here. In my opinion the Losi AD2 is ALOT easier to drive fast. I run the same setup with the exception of tires where-ever I go and its almost always hooked up. I couldnt say the same about my GT. Although I think If I had a GT again with the exp. I have now that I could make it a little better. But you cant talk bad about the GT because proto-parts or not, its still winning the big races when it counts. Either truck can be just as fast as the other. But its a matter of how much you want to work on it and how much you will. Jbrow, I think if you bought a losi next year, that you wont get much faster really, but you will find out that the Losi car takes a lot less ability to get around the track at a decent speed. It has all the traction in the world and stays very planted. But I will agree that the GT is much much easier to work on. Being without a radio tray and all its all easier to work on. Anyway good luck with your decision and whatever you do, just have fun and make sure you go race that thing!
Old 08-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

My only complaints with the XXX-NT are:
Screws strip easily, look into a screw kit
Radio box is wierd
Radio Battery wires get in the way of the spur, mmmmm tasty insulation!
Diffs burn like Cuban cigars

Other than those things, I don't really have a problem with my truck. The engine is an exception, because that is one thing that is easily changed. The XXX-NT is a lot more planted than my T2, which if I am correct, shares suspension parts with the GT. The T2 I have is more controllable on the loose stuff, and is much easier to bring out of a slide, but this is probably because of the power difference between a .15 engine, and a P2K2 PRO. All in all, the Losi seems to me to be a better competition truck, especially seeing as how it has all the parts you would want on a GT, straight from the factory. The newer features also seem well worth the incestment. The VLA, and the quick change axles really seem to be a helpful addition. This conversation would be so much easier to end if Associated would come out with a truck capable of winning R/C Car Action's Truck Of The Year. I don't think Associated has ever had a truck win the Truck Of The Year.

Either way, it's all about fun anyways!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.