Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B4 vs BK2

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default B4 vs BK2

What is the better car? i used to have a B4 but have just changed over to a BK2 and have not taken it for a drive yet. so far the losi is a better build. the only reason i converted is because i thought the losi would be better and got it cheap also the wheels are better. has anyone had any problems with their B4 wheels? (not straight, spin weird). Anyway i like the B4 and would like to know what to expect from a BK2.
Thanks
Old 07-31-2005, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

well are you wanting like to know how parts are and stuff? i own a losi BK 1 and they are basiclly the same buggys, just for a few litttle holes here and there and parts shaped different, one thing that i kno the plates on the back on the bottom near the motor have broken and the A-arms some times break but besides that there pretty strong and mean buggys!
Old 07-31-2005, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myk505
What is the better car? i used to have a B4 but have just changed over to a BK2 and have not taken it for a drive yet. so far the losi is a better build. the only reason i converted is because i thought the losi would be better and got it cheap also the wheels are better. has anyone had any problems with their B4 wheels? (not straight, spin weird). Anyway i like the B4 and would like to know what to expect from a BK2.
Thanks

Pearsonally I think the Bk2 is a better car. It jumps and lands better than my old b4 and just all around easier for me to drive. And yes I had problems with the wheels woobling.

Team Tekin
Surge world wide
Bkpaintwerks.com
Old 07-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

the biggest difference that you'll notice is that the BK2 will be alot more consistant i think, and so much more rear traction so you can just rip the throttle right away. the cool think is that you can adjust the width of the car in front and rear for narrow or wide.... only thing i didnt like was to use e-clips for pins, as compared to the B4 they're captured...... another thing is the B4 is a faster car but its not a consistant as the BK2 where you have to hit your line pretty good as in BK2 you can make little screw up and wont matter as much. the BK2 also has more accel. then the B4 outa the turns. only thing is i think the B4 handles better through the center and out of the turn.

Well good luck w/ your new ride and hope you have fun and do well with it. hope this helps out.

LaTa
Old 07-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

ive never driven the losi but i do like my b4 alot. after i put some weight in the back it seems to take off like a rocket in 19 turn. i have watched many bk2's and it is easy to see they are really hooked up in the rear. the b4 is a bit ass happy in my opinion, but adding weight helps.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

If you want to know what the better buggy is just wait about 2 weeks for the worlds to be run and won, then you should have a better idea.
But the two cars are different people will have different driving styles that will suit one buggy more than the other.
BTW i have a BK-2
Old 07-31-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

i use to own a B4 and loved it, and tryed usin weight in backend at my local track it pushed like i had plow on the front end.... or else up at tchr in MN. it worked awesome because you kinda had to use it. its what the fast guys were usin.

i will have to agree that the b4 is a lil loose, and also that both buggies are totally different, and there are people out there that can just drive one car better then the other and they are just faster then when they had the other manufacture.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I had a BK2, and sold it to get a B4 FT kit - I was always near the front with the BK2, but I was a half a lap quicker with the B4 and showing plenty more promise.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

im almost tempted to get another ft b4 and sell my bk 2 because im the same way..... just i think im faster w/ BK2 due to the fact it feels better or more stable, but w/ proper set up im sure the b4 will to.... its just the BK2 is more stable w/ less time to set it up.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:10 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for the replies.
im not worried about breakages (i dont want to bragg but since i started racing i have only ever broken the arial). so far the build of the losi is alot better than the B4. it seems alot tighter and stiffer. I never had any problems with the B4 (driving) but the wheels kept bothering me.

They are WOBBLY, NOT PERFECTLY ROUND and NOT STRAIGHT. You cant tell me that doesnt make a diiference. how are u supposed to set it up properly?

at my local track there are a few losi's, I did fine with my B4 and kept up with the top drivers (they had losi). Some members changed to losi and it made there driving heaps better. Will the Losi make me faster? hopefully!
Old 08-01-2005, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

The B4 uses the bearing in wheel design and the BK2 uses the hex design. This is probably why the wheels wobble so much because the bearings aren't always centered properly.

Sean
Old 08-01-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I found that the Bk2 is easier to drive and more consistent but I'm always looking for more steering.
The B4 has tremendous steering and seems to carry momentum through the corner much better. The trade off is that when the traction goes away at the track the rear of the car becomes very loose, compared to the Bk2 anyway.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

dude, you do know what you can use losi wheels on your B4. if wheels bothered you that much use losi wheels. i do all of the time.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default B4 wheel mod

I did that mod on my B4 when I had it. Care must be taken to dremel the center post that the upper brace mounts to as well as the two bell cranks that move the steering rack. They bottom out on each other because the Bk2 steering arms on the hubs are significantly longer then the ones on the B4 os it requires alot more throw to get full lock steering. So much that the parts I mentioned bottom out on each other. The losi hub needs to be drilled to the correct size for the B4's hinge pin too.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

b4 all the way!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.