Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

Serpent Spyder SRX2 SCT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Based on my previous and current Serpent kits.... all they have to do is show me where i can preorder

This is what it will take for me to run shortbus again.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silvercrxsir
Billy also made quite a few changes to the suspension geometry to optimize the suspension for the larger wheel and tire size, they look very similar and share a lot of parts, but this truck is gonna be a step above the competition
Sounds exactly like Billy. No compromises. Love it.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

At least you have pictures there's nothing for the sc6 I'm thinking they may be released around the same time can't wait to see them side by side and make a choice. My sc10.2 finally rattled apart the other day so I'm ready for a new rig
Old 02-12-2014, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wisconsinbasher
At least you have pictures there's nothing for the sc6 I'm thinking they may be released around the same time can't wait to see them side by side and make a choice. My sc10.2 finally rattled apart the other day so I'm ready for a new rig
I'm sure the sc6 is going to be another $500 roller with limited support
Old 02-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 811 Be 2.0, now that's one of the nicest E- Buggies I have ever seen especially when she's decked out in a bunch of aluminum upgrades. But what I have seen of the SC truck? I don't know I just don't see it. I was hoping for something a little higher end.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wreckya
The 811 Be 2.0, now that's one of the nicest E- Buggies I have ever seen especially when she's decked out in a bunch of aluminum upgrades. But what I have seen of the SC truck? I don't know I just don't see it. I was hoping for something a little higher end.
Higher end compared to what? I am not attacking your remark, but definately questioning it. I only ran Shortcourse before buying an MM, it took me a week to get a nice solid set-up on it for our 2 tracks here in KC. I ran a 10.2 and a 22SCT previously, and I think anything from Serpent is head and shoulders above both of those. Plus, they offer fantastic support.

I don't know Billy, haven't even been in the same state as the guy, but watch his video on how he came about the design of the Spyder, and then come back and tell us that you think this truck won't be high end.

Take Care,

Chris
Old 02-13-2014, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

http://www.redrc.net/2014/02/serpent...ct-2-sc-truck/

I don't see how this isn't a high end truck. Looks beautiful.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

After seeing the quality of both Serpent SRX-2 buggies, I'm certainly expecting it to be a higher end truck for a great price.

We need more pics but I was hoping for CF shock towers and a CF battery strap. All of these look like plastic in the pics. With the location of the body mounts, it may not need CF though.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It could be plastic, as he could be working on the RTR truck also. Or maybe he felt for the SCT plastic was the better route to go, vs. CF.

We put the RTR spyder shock towers on the scale vs the CF, and they weigh exactly the same, just don't have the "bling" factor.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Just noting what I see in the pics but definitely waiting for the official details and pics.

It's not a weight thing, it's a durability thing. You've never seen me drive
Old 02-13-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
After seeing the quality of both Serpent SRX-2 buggies, I'm certainly expecting it to be a higher end truck for a great price.

We need more pics but I was hoping for CF shock towers and a CF battery strap. All of these look like plastic in the pics. With the location of the body mounts, it may not need CF though.
Based on the pics and remarks from the Nuremberg Toy fair, the SC will be offered as both a Pro kit and a RTR. The Pro kit will have all of the CF parts- towers and battery strap namely, plus shocks of the same spec as the buggy (though a longer stroke). The RTR will have composite towers and battery strap, and shocks with plastic caps. I'm sure there will be other subtle differences as well.

Come on April!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Based on the pics and remarks from the Nuremberg Toy fair, the SC will be offered as both a Pro kit and a RTR. The Pro kit will have all of the CF parts- towers and battery strap namely, plus shocks of the same spec as the buggy (though a longer stroke). The RTR will have composite towers and battery strap, and shocks with plastic caps. I'm sure there will be other subtle differences as well.

Come on April!
Thanks. I just saw an area52 article saying this as well.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:35 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Strange design on the rear body posts, I wonder how long they will take the regular abuse.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Billys sct has the carbon fiber, there will
Old 02-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wreckya
I don't see any short course trucks that are any higher end than the serpent considering I had a sc10.2 and that thing is about as basic and as plain as it gets and uses a basic junk type plastic and even out of the box is full of slop, the 21sct has a alum chassis which if it were to be slightly tweaked could screw up the handling and costs $60 to replace and is still pretty basic out of the box and the hop ups aren't cheap, the serpent comes with all the "pills" to make any possible chassis adjustment with which on the sc10 or 22sct you would have to buy additional parts,on my losi any changes to the rear pivot would require buying a toe block which are $16 each and there's 6 I think,and caster would require buying the proper blocks.i think the for the money spent on the serpent in the end you get a lot more than what the competition offers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.