Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPONSORSHIP

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

In all honesty, being sponsored is not that hard to do. Some make it seem like a second full time job. Filling out race reports isn't hard, and shouldn't take more than a few minutes. IOP had it best when he said its mostly your off-track demeanor. When I was seeking sponsorship, they specifically asked me what I could do to promote them other than track performance. When sponsored, you are a representative of that respected product.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

This is what I have been told.

- Be young and fast. Companies like the young racers to develop.
- Already be running the product you want to be sponsored in. Running TLR wont get you an AE sponsorship.
- New companies will often seek out many drivers spread out across the region. The deal you get will probably be slight better than amain, but their goal is to get visibility on tracks.
- And like said above, you will need an RC resume.
- Get to know the team managers. networking is important.
- Plug away at companies, do not spam the same one. But its like finding a job, apply everywhere.
- goto big races and make a name for yourself. You can also start your networking at these events.
- be likeable. If no one likes you, good luck getting a sponsor. Just like a job interview.
- be fast
- keep your cars clean for the photos. you dont want to look like a basher on the podium.
- A custom paint job and paint scheme dont hurt. I have seen companies ask for pictures of your rides as part of the process. You want to look profession with a nice paint job and common theme. Kinda like wearing a suit and being clean shaven at a job inter view.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Personally I do not see the appeal of a small discount on some brand to be sponsored by them. I have some personal brand loyalty and will find my own deals as I go.

I guess the advantage is that maybe you would already have some laps with the RSX by now, but not nearly as many as a team driver has.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Prophet

I would not to take my favorite pass time and make it into a job. "If" I could get the products I already buy a little cheaper and only commit to regional big races, that would be fine. But I will never be fast enough to pick up and sponsorships, so its a mute point, lol. I am just happy to be able to race on saturdays and sometimes go to a bigger event and not be last
Old 01-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Let's look at things this way.

Results are important but not everything. In my opinion, it's also impt that a sponsored driver knows how to conduct himself during race days. Are you approachable? Friendly, Offer advice to other racers on track as well as in forums?
If you like a particular product, unless you're a top racer, the chances of you getting a full sponsorship is virtually Nil. Yes, a lower level of sponsorship might not save you much cash but are you just looking to save money or do you want to help spread the news about yr sponsor? Personally, it don't matter to me that I am sponsored by some brands with only a low level of discount.
Why? Because I believe Sponsorship is both ways. Start small, help the company build up. Along the road, who knows. You might be offered a higher level of sponsorship a year later.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Easiest way to get sponsored is apply to Caster. I've seen them sponsor ex bashers with 3 months racing experience.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you are trying to get sponsored for fininacial support I have a much better idea. Find a local business that would be willing to give you some money every month to help buy equipment and cover travel expenses. Going this route leaves you open to buying what ever product you want at little or no expense to yourself. Put the company name on your car and have a few shirts made up. You get free gear, your sponsor gets a tax break. Win win situation.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Theres way too much misinformation here.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
If you are trying to get sponsored for fininacial support I have a much better idea. Find a local business that would be willing to give you some money every month to help buy equipment and cover travel expenses. Going this route leaves you open to buying what ever product you want at little or no expense to yourself. Put the company name on your car and have a few shirts made up. You get free gear, your sponsor gets a tax break. Win win situation.
I have seen this done too.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Initiate

You dont really have to be a pro racer to get a sponsorship. Just be honest and send them an email telling them who you are what you do and what you will do for them. If you are good at racing thats a bonus for them but remeber they are a bussines and selling is #1 if your good at selling you dont have to be the best driver in the world
Old 01-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Sponsorships are over rated unless your one of the top 10 elite. Best advise is to go to school. Start your own business and sponsor your self.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default sponsorship

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
+1 that
Old 01-27-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just hand over your Credit Card # and billing info= B driver of 50% driver.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoese37
Theres way too much misinformation here.
As someone who lists sponsorships in their sig, perhaps you could give some real information?
Old 01-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Homer723
Easiest way to get sponsored is apply to Caster. I've seen them sponsor ex bashers with 3 months racing experience.
It's because they are trying to get their name out there. And offering sponsership draws people in. FYI it's working like a charm 😉

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.