Wiki Posts
Search

Team C TM4 - Official Release Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 69NovaRacer
It's still available. Its one of their best cars and sells fast. The U.S. support will be better soon.
Ok, I have to ask! What makes you say that U.S. support will be better soon? I've talked to several people who should know the deal over the past few months. I haven't been able to get any kind of answer as far as parts support or even kit availability in the States. It has me very nervous. I own pretty much all Team C vehicles at this point. I am very happy with all of them, especially the TM4. Might be my all-time favorite rc! It's just a really bad feeling when I can't find any parts for any of my cars for months on end.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Old 06-18-2016, 07:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697
Ok, I have to ask! What makes you say that U.S. support will be better soon? I've talked to several people who should know the deal over the past few months. I haven't been able to get any kind of answer as far as parts support or even kit availability in the States. It has me very nervous. I own pretty much all Team C vehicles at this point. I am very happy with all of them, especially the TM4. Might be my all-time favorite rc! It's just a really bad feeling when I can't find any parts for any of my cars for months on end.
Inside info thats been passed down to me.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have a problem with my center gear - although the gear mesh is fine - the main gear loses some material - I can see a significant amount of dust under the center diff after every run. Is there any aftermarket part available or a compatible main gear/ center diff to try?
Old 06-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TopAs
I have a problem with my center gear - although the gear mesh is fine - the main gear loses some material - I can see a significant amount of dust under the center diff after every run. Is there any aftermarket part available or a compatible main gear/ center diff to try?
Never had any issue like that. Are you sure you have the top center diff mount installed correctly? I've read several cases where people have installed it upside down, which caused a lot of play in the center diff.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes it is installed correctly.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Yes it is installed correctly.
That's weird. I've been running my TM4 like crazy and have yet to see any wear on any part of the drive line. What kind of pinion are you running? Can you post some pics of your setup?
Old 07-07-2016, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I've never seen this issue on the TM4 either but have a few questions that might help, I'm also not sure how experienced you are so you may have already done some of these things but I'll ask anyway, I'm going to assume you are running the center diff and not the slipper?

First what surface are you running on?

Are you sure its actually dust from the spur? The center diff flings any left over fluid from assembly down against the chassis and then dirt/dust (if you are running on dirt) or I would assume carpet fuzz (if you are running on carpet) sticks in the fluid spot.

Do you check the mesh all the way around the full rotations of the spur and pinion? the gears are never totally round so you can have a perfect mesh in one spot, and a super tight mesh on the other side of the spur, you have to find the happy medium. Also make sure you recheck the full rotation after you tighten the motor mount down, sometimes torquing the mount down changes the mesh.

Have you tried a different pinion? Maybe its not quite the right pitch or has a weird spot in it.

Are you re-adjusting the mesh every run? Otherwise I would think eventually you would loose enough material that it either finds its happy place and stops making dust or you strip the gear completely.

Unless it leads to a stripped spur I dont think it would be anything to worry about really, especially not enough to try and fit another brands diff in there. Some of my 2wd buggies create some dust in the gear covers but it doesn't hurt anything.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Any advise on gearing for 13.5 clay medium traction?
Old 08-31-2016, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egalsim
Any advise on gearing for 13.5 clay medium traction?
I'll try to get you an answer out of some Team C Facebook threads. Also, what are those cool rims with the holes that you run?
Old 08-31-2016, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
I'll try to get you an answer out of some Team C Facebook threads. Also, what are those cool rims with the holes that you run?
Helion Criterion 2.2 buggy wheels with 12mm hex
Old 08-31-2016, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by egalsim
Helion Criterion 2.2 buggy wheels with 12mm hex
Come race at ORCR, they're running 13.5 wheeler a lot now.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The Team C TM4 dominated this weekend at the British RC Association National Formula Championships at Stotfold. About 1/3 of the cars in the top finals were TM4's. If anyone needs any Carpet or Astro setup help just ask!
Old 09-13-2016, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've been running my TM4 in Sydney Australia for some time now - outdoor clay and dirt, low to medium grip tracks.

The car has a loose rear end on power in my opinion.

I seemed to have taken a lot of this away by running the shocks on the rear, adding weight to the rear with the brass option suspension hanger and taking the anti squat out of the rear so running the lowest front and highest rear insert. This for me has settled the rear a lot under power.

I run the centre diff with 100,000 weight oil. Front diff is a lot heavier oil than rear diff as well.

I'm going to try shorter rear camber links this weekend to see what that will do.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Romsey
I've been running my TM4 in Sydney Australia for some time now - outdoor clay and dirt, low to medium grip tracks.

The car has a loose rear end on power in my opinion.

I seemed to have taken a lot of this away by running the shocks on the rear, adding weight to the rear with the brass option suspension hanger and taking the anti squat out of the rear so running the lowest front and highest rear insert. This for me has settled the rear a lot under power.

I run the centre diff with 100,000 weight oil. Front diff is a lot heavier oil than rear diff as well.

I'm going to try shorter rear camber links this weekend to see what that will do.
What are your rear shock tower and arm mounting positions? Sometimes leaning them in one on the tower can help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.