Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2wd buggy negative camber

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Positive camber will do you no good. build your car to the frank root standard setup, add 1mm shim under the inner rear ballstud, and put your front shocks at the 1-top hole. 27.5 weight oil all around. Best setup for any track on the 22 1.0
Old 01-09-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Do what makes you happy, but positive camber isn't the answer.

Go with a solid baseline setup, just use tires appropriate for your track surface.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...022#prodSetups

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...CupR2Setup.pdf

Then tune from there.

Yes, most cars have a rear camber curve that goes negative as the suspension compresses. Yes, this hinders forward bite slightly, but helps in all other aspects.

If you're having a traction roll issue where you enter the corner/tap the brakes and the car flips, you need to increase negative camber in the rear, change tires, or alter the rear roll center.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

You never want positive camber.....ever.

-1° all the way around is a good starting point, fine tune to your track from there.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxx123
Thanks guys. I am clear on the negative and positve. But i am thinking on the straight, weight transfer and this will make the rear wheels going into more negative. I am trying to break the Losi 22B rear end more loose; due to my indoor track has a lot tight turn and front push as well as large turning radius. I dont like using brake (unless brake applied to turn sharp). I like roll it over the turn. Yes, i tried to slow down before entering the turn too. So i am thinking to run +1 positive on both front and back. Thanks guys.

Back in the days, if my memory serves me right, my old grasshopper and hornet were positive on both front and back.
You need to use the right amount of camber for track condition and chassis setup. Its not a one off I just start changing. Each chassis will have a small window of camber where it works. Post your setup in the 22 thread and ask for help.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks very much to everyone. I will go back home this evening and check it out.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I generally run no less than 1 degree of negative camber and no more than 3 degrees negative. It's a fine tuning thing for me.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
You never want positive camber.....ever.

-1° all the way around is a good starting point, fine tune to your track from there.
Not true. On the Tammy Buggy Champ you need positive camber as the camber gain is huge

j/k aside, -1 all round is a good starting point. Cheers,