Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Associated to re-release 1994 RC 10 ‘Worlds Car’ ? >

Associated to re-release 1994 RC 10 ‘Worlds Car’ ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Associated to re-release 1994 RC 10 ‘Worlds Car’ ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 04:11 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

My worlds car just about ready to hit the track, after getting disgusted with it and packing it up and stuffing it in the closet for a year....lol

I replaced the yellow/green aluminum screws with a FT blue kit. The kits screws were odd, some had egg shaped heads, some had different size heads, etc. and it bothered me. When trying to install the stock bellcranks with the supplied bushings, the fit was way to tight and the bellcranks were binding up so I got some bearings for them from Boca and that fixed the issue. I'm waiting for the JConcepts aluminum steering bellcranks to come back in stock at Amain, the kit plastic ones flex a lot causing steering play. I also ditched the glow in the dark ballcups that don't seem to fit quite right for some RPM ones (waiting on more to do the servo connection). For power, I'm running a RS Gen 2 w/ Redline Gen 3 17.5t.

I have to say, other than a few QC issues with the kit, it has finally come together, the trans is loosening up nice now and I'm pretyy happy with it overall now. Looking forward to hitting the track with it next week.

Last edited by Jeepy2013; 05-27-2016 at 04:24 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I bought one of the race rollers from the previous batch and yes the transmission binding was taken care of. However, the diff was built without any lube so I had to rebuild it.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeepy2013
There are no "updated" parts that they ever released that I know of to address any of the issues.
This is partially true...the offered the 'original' parts for the trans case and idler gear, instead of the 'updated' parts in the kit.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I've got one of these in 1994, so I decided to get one to play with last week. When I started to put it together, I felt very disappointed about how the screws was not totally flat at the bottom, and the transmission box was not free. I used some machining to make things fit as they should. I am fortunate to have a machine shop here at my business place, so I spent ~2hrs to make a somewhat Brian Kinwald replica by trimming the chassis side walls, cutting the flathead screws to correct size, machining a B4 MIP top shaft to fit in, using B5 ballcups and studs to add strength etc.

I ran the car for first time yesterday at Island Raceway, NY and found out that it can get very competitive on a Sunday club racing I qualified 3rd, and ended up 4th in the a-main, which is a good place for a not-fastest and not-slowest guy like me.

For people who searched a good gearing for 17.5 spec racing for this car, and couldn't get a solid answer like me I ended up 72T Spur with 29T Pinion. this is for the records..

I found the car very balanced, and easy to drive. After the mid-motor buggies, it is a bit slower around the corners, but fast enough to keep up. I'll definitely keep it for 17.5 spec class.

Here some photos from the buildout;

Old 06-27-2016, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

I saw this thing race , it's a beast ! Great Job Ali .
Old 07-07-2016, 08:04 AM
Suspended

Finally finished mine about a month ago.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Looking good... I have one of these built and 2 "NIB" for "someday"

Ross
Old 07-08-2016, 05:15 AM
Suspended

I'll probably pick another one up just to keep in the box, I had a one, but sold it to a friend. I have the "classic" still sealed in the box, glad I kept it that way.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My Worlds kit arrived late last night. I have a Reedy Blackbox 410R ESC, Futaba 3PL and a Savox 1251MG Black Edition servo (only thing I have on hand). I have a Reedy Mach 3 17.5T motor inbound, along with some JConcepts tires.

pretty much all I'm lacking is batteries. Looking for advice on what to get... 2S shorty?
Old 07-08-2016, 06:19 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NomadRacer
My Worlds kit arrived late last night. I have a Reedy Blackbox 410R ESC, Futaba 3PL and a Savox 1251MG Black Edition servo (only thing I have on hand). I have a Reedy Mach 3 17.5T motor inbound, along with some JConcepts tires.

pretty much all I'm lacking is batteries. Looking for advice on what to get... 2S shorty?
Shorty for sure.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NomadRacer

I was told by a friend when building mine to get a full size pack because the shorty was too light and the car was horrible with it. However, after running a few times with the full size pack im going out next time with the shorty and some weights to bring it up to weight. I have so much traction with this car and it is a complete blast to drive.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Matt, I havent ran a full pack in mine since shorty packs came out
Old 07-09-2016, 04:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Before I bought the kit I read this thread numerous times, taking note of the transmission binding issues. I snagged the recommended parts (top shaft,case,idler gear) in case I had the same issue. I'm happy to report that no binding was present with the kit parts. I got my kit from Stormer Hobbies. The kit 8-32 PH screws were good also, no "egging". I purchase the blue anodized screw set and was a bit disappointing in the quality. Some screws were bright blue, some were a dark matte look. The set was only 20 bucks so no big deal.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

My worlds car just about ready to hit the track, after getting disgusted with it and packing it up and stuffing it in the closet for a year....lol

I replaced the yellow/green aluminum screws with a FT blue kit. The kits screws were odd, some had egg shaped heads, some had different size heads, etc. and it bothered me. When trying to install the stock bellcranks with the supplied bushings, the fit was way to tight and the bellcranks were binding up so I got some bearings for them from Boca and that fixed the issue. I'm waiting for the JConcepts aluminum steering bellcranks to come back in stock at Amain, the kit plastic ones flex a lot causing steering play. I also ditched the glow in the dark ballcups that don't seem to fit quite right for some RPM ones (waiting on more to do the servo connection). For power, I'm running a RS Gen 2 w/ Redline Gen 3 17.5t.

I have to say, other than a few QC issues with the kit, it has finally come together, the trans is loosening up nice now and I'm pretyy happy with it overall now. Looking forward to hitting the track with it next week.

Nice buggy...
Old 07-09-2016, 08:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Finally finished mine about a month ago.

You should post some pics on RCTen.com !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.