Search
Like Tree1Likes

Caster Racing S10b V3.5 pro buggy thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bring it on
Ran my buggy tonight and all I can say is WOW.. I can't wait to run it more as my day got cut short as I plugged in my battery backwards..
Rookie. Lol.
You get a half pass as you're rusty still. Someone else did that recently, luckily he didn't smoke the esc.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

we all make mistakes ... smoked my Transmitter last month doing the same thing. I did an upgrade to lipo and the plug could go in either way and you guessed it I put in the wrong way and pop went the power board. That black chassis looks wicked .. is that the new chassis color or did you paint it? are the saddle packs stacked? Can't tell from your pic how the batteries are in there. Good luck with the new car and I hope you get to race more.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kinetisist
we all make mistakes ... smoked my Transmitter last month doing the same thing. I did an upgrade to lipo and the plug could go in either way and you guessed it I put in the wrong way and pop went the power board. That black chassis looks wicked .. is that the new chassis color or did you paint it? are the saddle packs stacked? Can't tell from your pic how the batteries are in there. Good luck with the new car and I hope you get to race more.
Black hard coated from Caster and this car is a shorty battery layout.. Buggy is FAST and light
Old 04-14-2015, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

OK, new esc is in...
Old 04-14-2015, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bring it on
well after 5 hours at the track I will be changing my rear shock setup as 2 hole 1.9mm pistons, 40w oil has to much pack and bounces on landings, I'm going to go to 35w and retest...
Hey I have found the 40 weight oil to be way too hard also, makes the shocks almost useless. I've reverted to using 30 weight oil front n back with 2 hole pistons. The front shocks are still not quite right so i am interested in hearing a little more about the 3 hole setup..

Ps I am chasing harder springs front n rear, can anyone recommened a set that will fit. Talking about mistakes I ordered a set which "looked" right, but alas it was for a 1/5th buggy holy shit they are large enough to fit on my mountain bike lol. Man i'd go even further by saying that you probably need to do gym just to be able to carry a 1/5th buggy.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by C=64
Hey I have found the 40 weight oil to be way too hard also, makes the shocks almost useless. I've reverted to using 30 weight oil front n back with 2 hole pistons. The front shocks are still not quite right so i am interested in hearing a little more about the 3 hole setup..
So far the front 1.6mm 3 holes with 352 oil feel really good, give it a try
Old 04-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

hey thanks for that info.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

hey thanks for that info.
anytime Have you seen the new one coming out?
Old 04-15-2015, 12:54 AM
Tech Adept

Hey there, just saw some pics this morning that had been posted, is it on the caster website yet?

I see some new battery options(shorties), i always wanted to try 3s ...so this is nice..

Btw if anyone can help...
I need some parts that I cannot seem to find. One of my front shock plate screws that goes through the top of the front gearbox and thru that orange metal thingy at the back; well its threaded. I dremeled a flat head shape in it as a last resort but no luck.

So i need a front gearbox roof, a new front shock plate and a new orange thingy.. The orange thingy in particular i can't locate any online. I am thinking of going carbon fibre as the front shock mount replacement and if you can source a front gearbox casing that would awesome....

Edit: I have hacksawed the screw loose of the shock tower...So just a front gearbox lid and orange thing at back..
Paypal ready..thx!

Also if anyone has recommendations for firmer (than stock) front n rear springs that will fit please?

Last edited by C=64; 04-15-2015 at 01:10 AM. Reason: update info..
Old 04-15-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I noticed the T6 multi charger .. is that the one from Casterracing website? Do you like it? Specs? thanks
Old 04-15-2015, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kinetisist
I noticed the T6 multi charger .. is that the one from Casterracing website? Do you like it? Specs? thanks
I have had this Caster charger for around 2 years, It is a great charger.. 6 amp charge rate x4 of course
Old 04-15-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Hey there, just saw some pics this morning that had been posted, is it on the caster website yet?

I see some new battery options(shorties), i always wanted to try 3s ...so this is nice..

Btw if anyone can help...
I need some parts that I cannot seem to find. One of my front shock plate screws that goes through the top of the front gearbox and thru that orange metal thingy at the back; well its threaded. I dremeled a flat head shape in it as a last resort but no luck.

So i need a front gearbox roof, a new front shock plate and a new orange thingy.. The orange thingy in particular i can't locate any online. I am thinking of going carbon fibre as the front shock mount replacement and if you can source a front gearbox casing that would awesome....

Edit: I have hacksawed the screw loose of the shock tower...So just a front gearbox lid and orange thing at back..
Paypal ready..thx! PM sent

Also if anyone has recommendations for firmer (than stock) front n rear springs that will fit please? AE 12mm springs fit fine but stiffer I'm not sure as most people here say they are to stiff and run softer AE springs
see reply
Old 04-16-2015, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

This is interesting LOL, When I sold my Hobby Pro USA 4wd buggy to build my new Caster Pro V4 I kept my body and was bored today so I wanted to see if it would fit on my Caster.. Well after a little bit of mods it fits and looks GREAT..
Old 04-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the spring info. As I am using this as a basher mainly, the stock springs need the spring tensioner about 3/4 down for my block. I would rather a firmer spring and not have to compress the spring via tensioner if that makes sense!
Old 04-16-2015, 03:35 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the spring info. As I am using this as a basher mainly, the stock springs need the spring tensioner about 3/4 down for my block. I would rather a firmer spring and not have to compress the spring via tensioner if that makes sense!
yes makes since... BUT are your springs white?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.