Community
Wiki Posts
Search

X-Factory 2014 Mid-Motor Mafia

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bcholka
Lets not get all nuts about mail carriers--they all have their pros and cons.
I can say this--I ordered a large amount of parts from X and got my stuff in 2 days--USPS Priority mail--Thanks guys!!!

Now--onto RC topics--how is the release of the new B5 going to affect the cubed??? (If at all????)
I've already been working on converting the front to metric partly with DEX210 parts since they're the same geometry essentially.

I've also just fitted DEX210 rear hubs with the same captured CVD design that the B5 is using. The big issue with the rear hubs is that the bearing for the captured CVD is 15mm OD. There's only ~17.5mm of space at the outer side of the rear Arm. The DEX210 rear hub is about 21.5mm wide. I'm guessing based on pics I've seen that the B5 will be similar. Xfactory would have to redesign their arms in order to fit that type of hub more easily.

The real question is going to be how does the geometry change compared to the B4 parts and how does that interact with the cubed rear geometry.

From a simplistic point of view since the cubed uses a separate front chassis section you could get a front chassis piece designed to match the B5M chassis and bolt it up to the CF cubed chassis.

I know I'll be getting a front assembly from a B5 as soon as they're available to play with fitment. I'm currently working on a captured CVD rear hub design that would fit in the current cubed arms as well.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bcholka
Lets not get all nuts about mail carriers--they all have their pros and cons.
I can say this--I ordered a large amount of parts from X and got my stuff in 2 days--USPS Priority mail--Thanks guys!!!

Now--onto RC topics--how is the release of the new B5 going to affect the cubed??? (If at all????)
I'm far from an expert, and a set of calipers would confirm what I am thinking...

It looks like most of the cool part from the B5, Rear hub carriers with adjustable toe, A/C "inserts", Front hub carriers with adjustable eccentrics, etc... would be a direct fit to the cubed.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just a quick update for anyone that may have been watching for my car. It sold to a current family member and will be hanging with another Cube in Washington State. Don't worry, I still have 6 more X-cars/trucks and will be wheelin my stretched X-6sq.... Thanks, Troy
Old 01-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ltitsnw
Just a quick update for anyone that may have been watching for my car. It sold to a current family member and will be hanging with another Cube in Washington State. Don't worry, I still have 6 more X-cars/trucks and will be wheelin my stretched X-6sq.... Thanks, Troy
Thanks again! I've got everything set aside, just need the car to get here. Time to step it up and go race with the big boys in 2wd modified.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Looks like the cubed should be fairly easily redesigned to use the B5M front end since the hole angled part of the front and side braces are molded as one piece.

You'd need to redesign the main CF chassis, remove all the nose brace pieces and redesign the top plate.

How the actual geometry compares we really have no idea yet but in theory an X6^4 updated for the B5M parts shouldn't be all that hard.

The rear hubs as I mentioned before will be an issue but I've got a drawing of a rear hub with the larger bearings that I think will fit into the X-Factory arms but it won't have adjustable toe. It's just a lot simpler to machine a straight hole than to make custom toe inserts and such (since they'd be ~5mm shorter than what i'm guessing the new hub width will be).
Old 01-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is anyone running a Cubed rear bulkhead and ball stud lands on the X-60CF?
Old 01-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

I will be shortly. Parts should be on order to convert.

Tired of being banged into and breaking a bulkhead.

I see no real complications of relocating. Just have to change some fasteners around.

Planning on having my truck out here in WA in a couple weeks so hopefully I can show it to ya.

Edit: Sorry misread. I'll be doing it on an SCX-60CF.

Last edited by Barge; 01-07-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Originally Posted by bdyche
I'm running it on my squared with the shock tower on the back still and so far it's been great plus you have a little more adjustment on the inner ball stud.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bdyche
Yes, and SCX60cf too.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, guys. I've got to place an order for a couple of things, so it looks like ball stud lands and a bulkhead are on the list.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default Seen on the Deadline Hollywood web site!

SHOWDOWN OF THE UNBEATABLES (GRB Entertainment)

What happens when cutting-edge inventions go head to head in the ultimate battle of the titans? Will the most advanced all-terrain vehicle be able to successfully navigate through a 10-yard field of maximum-strength super glue? Can one of the world’s most powerful vacuums suck an electromagnet off of a metal plate? Will the world’s strongest bomb-proof door be able to withstand the “fire power” of the military’s most powerful cutting torch? Find out as we stage showdowns between unstoppable forces and immovable objects, using science to understand the brains behind the brawn.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/nati...t/#more-460486
Old 01-07-2014, 11:47 PM
n8b
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

What are the family members running setup wise for their cubes at dirtburners? Paul, mark?

Had to take some time off but may able to get some track time in soon. I'm all set up with the base U.S. setup except for rebuilding the shocks.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default MID-MOTOR MAFIA DESCENDS ON THE MID-WINTER!

With thanks to OldMan Billy for the dialed EZ-UP, the Mafia is comfortable at The R/C Factory in Jeffersonville, Ohio getting ready for the C.R.C.R.C. Mid-Winter. Billy and Paul are there, along with Team drivers Curt Schleister, Brad Shearer and Jubal Dike, as well as Family Member Damon Crawford.

Chazz stayed home for a couple days to ship Kits, and will join the Mafia late Friday after everything is shipped. Pix then.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
With thanks to OldMan Billy for the dialed EZ-UP, the Mafia is comfortable at The R/C Factory in Jeffersonville, Ohio getting ready for the C.R.C.R.C. Mid-Winter. Billy and Paul are there, along with Team drivers Curt Schleister, Brad Shearer and Jubal Dike, as well as Family Member Damon Crawford.

Chazz stayed home for a couple days to ship Kits, and will join the Mafia late Friday after everything is shipped. Pix then.
Thanks for staying back and filling orders, Chazz. I put in an order this evening as soon as I read this. I will be forever grateful if it gets shipped before you head out!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Thanks to Chris

I wanted to post a big thank you to Chris Cristo. I am a UK cubed driver and have been visiting the US for work and had a free evening. I PM'd Chris and he invited me to join him at RC Excitement tonight and gave me the use of his SCX-60CF for the evening. Unfortunately I could not spend the whole evening there and race but ran a couple of packs through the truck in practice and got my first experience of a (very slippery) clay track. Loads of fun and a challenging (to me) layout but need much more time to get used to the different style of driving.

Having found the track I will try to bring my cubed to the US next time and have another go.

Thanks again Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.