Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
I don't see how the body would ever even really touch anything except flipping over sideways on a tube or something. Mostly shock towers and wing, no?
yeah, but it will get flexed a lot using velcro when you remove and mount the body. I had a FTW buggy body once and it was silly thin imo. It cracked really bad. Mostly from removing and attaching it. It didnt do it over night, but sooner than my proline and jc bodies. The wing though, only last like 2 weekends.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Tech Legend

Side hits & big foot corners marshall's still to cope with.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
That was something you were constantly taking on/off. This is something you screw in and leave it unless your making a tuning change. Just use good loctite and dont smother the screw in it and you will be fine.
Good point Matt. They did get removed a lot more. Honestly, aside from those 22 nuts, I probably only use one coat and then reapply a dab if i need to remove and reinsert the screw. I.e. replacing bearings. I think those tlr nut just have me paranoid, lol. I hate loosing races to my wheels falling off
Old 03-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

I'm not the most consistent racer, only been driving on tracks for about a year...

I tend to wreck a lot, and break parts, and bodies don't last long.

I'm sure for a more experienced racer, the body will be fine. I am not one of those. Working hard on it, but not there yet.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Couple other tips for you. These are just from my build experience:

1. The gear box screws that fasten the halves together are a very tight and I am in no way complaining about that lol. I took a spare screw and ran it through several times on each hole and then used the kit screw to bolt it all up. Allowed me to tighten them down and get a good feel of when they bottom out. To tight and it will get the gearbox to bind up a smidge

2. Shim the top shaft. Putting it all together I had quite a bit of side play once the halves were together.

3. I used Losi 22 12mm shock bladders in my shock build instead of going with the kit emulsion build. Shocks are suuuppper smooth and do not "aerate" at all. Plus side is you can tune rebound by installing the shock cap plug screw. Pull the shaft out all the way and install the screw= high rebound. Push it in half way and install the screw= less rebound.

4. Put X-rings in the shocks. Built them with and without. I definitely like them with.

5. Polish the shock shafts. I used blue magic and chucked them in a dremel.

6. The FT B4 Ti Turbuckles actually threaded easier into the ball cups than the stock steel ones. Not as fancy as the JC ones or the Lunsford but they get the job done.

7. Shim the rear arms. They will have a bit of front to back play.

8. Install the "optional setscrews" in the front caster block and the rear hubs. only took a few days for them to loosen up a but.

As far as changes for me to the setup this is all I have done and love the way it is working:

1. Removed the shims under the rear inner camber ballstuds
2. Moved the shocks all the way to the inside hole on the tops (f&r)
3. Still running 1.6 front & 1.7 rear but changed the rear oil to 27.5
4. Battery all the way to the rear (shorty)

Anywho here she is all painted up and ready for track duty. WOOT!

Old 03-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
Are people really having this much of a problem screwing a turnbuckle in to a ballcup? This really requires chapstick, grease, vice grip, left handed screws, flux capacitor, blasting caps........?

Pliers and a turnbuckle wrench, done.
Same but i use green slime also from associated. Screw ball caup all the way down. then back them off a bit.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Hey !

I got .5 m ceramic balls that clank when ever I walk onto the drivers stand.

Need um to post here.

no typo lol

this is top quote for this thread right now!. hard to beat this.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by predu
I don't get it. needle nose visegrips and an allen wrench to spin then on. works like a charm and only takes a couple minutes to build them all.I have never heard so many people complain about a ball cup before.
+1. I had no problem with my B4.2 turnbuckles and some black grease.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

I didn't have trouble threading the turnbuckles on, that's easy. Just when it came to adjusting them. Threaded in and out a few times, and they're good now.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1. Did a 150 laps or so of a 500 lap race with trucks and novices, practiced multiple times and 2 race nights and the stock body looked no worse for the wear.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenhatchie
Couple other tips for you. These are just from my build experience:

1. The gear box screws that fasten the halves together are a very tight and I am in no way complaining about that lol. I took a spare screw and ran it through several times on each hole and then used the kit screw to bolt it all up. Allowed me to tighten them down and get a good feel of when they bottom out. To tight and it will get the gearbox to bind up a smidge

2. Shim the top shaft. Putting it all together I had quite a bit of side play once the halves were together.

3. I used Losi 22 12mm shock bladders in my shock build instead of going with the kit emulsion build. Shocks are suuuppper smooth and do not "aerate" at all. Plus side is you can tune rebound by installing the shock cap plug screw. Pull the shaft out all the way and install the screw= high rebound. Push it in half way and install the screw= less rebound.

4. Put X-rings in the shocks. Built them with and without. I definitely like them with.

5. Polish the shock shafts. I used blue magic and chucked them in a dremel.

6. The FT B4 Ti Turbuckles actually threaded easier into the ball cups than the stock steel ones. Not as fancy as the JC ones or the Lunsford but they get the job done.

7. Shim the rear arms. They will have a bit of front to back play.

8. Install the "optional setscrews" in the front caster block and the rear hubs. only took a few days for them to loosen up a but.

As far as changes for me to the setup this is all I have done and love the way it is working:

1. Removed the shims under the rear inner camber ballstuds
2. Moved the shocks all the way to the inside hole on the tops (f&r)
3. Still running 1.6 front & 1.7 rear but changed the rear oil to 27.5
4. Battery all the way to the rear (shorty)

Anywho here she is all painted up and ready for track duty. WOOT!

Hey guys, b5m order placed, I have been traveling and haven't been able to follow the threads, what are the must have and recommended parts/upgrades I should order immediately?
Old 03-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would say get the X-rings, aluminum top shaft, a Ti turnbuckles. You don't need these parts to have a good car but if your going to do them anyways, you might as well get them now and use them during the build rather then going back and taking stuff apart.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What's a good starting gearing for a 13.5 with this car? 72/30?
Old 03-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Yeah that ratio is fine
Old 03-07-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pellefa
For a neater wiring job, did anyone consider to route the motor wires under the battery where the sensor wire should go…? Obviously some modding required incl the chassis, and possibly limited to 14G wire… any purists out there?

Comes in 12, 14 or 18ga

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.