R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/780905-team-associated-rc10-b5m-mid-motor-rear-motor-thread.html)

BrandonBreh 05-04-2015 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tc3junky (Post 13993235)
Ok folks I'm back!
Been away 3 years (ick) Starting all over.
Earlier in the week I bought a used 2 month old B5M FT. The kid bought the kit, built it and ran 2 packs through it and decided it was not fun? Go figure??
Anyway I picked it up and am getting ready to try it out at Mhor.

It was put together wrong, lots of loose screws, front shocks were on the back and back on the front, Shock top O-rings were burst out of the collars from improper shock build, just a mess overall. But looks new!!

She came RTR with a Trackstar 3520Kv combo and Turnigy electrics.

Now that she's put back together properly I go and blow the spur gear trying to adjust the slipper clutch! Sure's not an old B4 slipper!
This one will not slip unless you almost have the adjusting nut off the shaft! I took it all apart and checked against the manual just to make sure everything is there and where it should be, and it is.

So my question after a 3 year nap, what do I need to do to set the slipper clutch on this beast??? My old B4 was easy this things another story!

My rule of thumb is if it ain't locked, you ain't doing it right.

No but general rule of thumb is to hold the two rear wheels and give it gas. Front wheels should come up a good couple of inches.

spammy 05-04-2015 06:47 PM

Need some help I am running on carpet and I don't have any on power steering does anybody have any ideas what do I do

bds81175 05-04-2015 06:59 PM

What is your setup? We need ALL the details. If you are running on carpet and you have your waterfall removed, put it back in. There are a ton of other things you can try but we need to know where you are at now.

Hooplah 05-04-2015 07:05 PM

The wheel- hop slipper adjustment method worked great on my b4.2 but are you guys sure the wheels should come up just as high with a mid- motor car? I had my wheels come up around 1 inch (eyeballed height) but have yet to see how it goes on a track that bites enough to engage the slipper.

spammy 05-04-2015 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by bds81175 (Post 13993394)
What is your setup? We need ALL the details. If you are running on carpet and you have your waterfall removed, put it back in. There are a ton of other things you can try but we need to know where you are at now.

Well I have 2.5 toe in the rear
40 oil in the shocks front and rear running in the middle hole
Grey springs all around
Mostly that is it what else can I say if you have any tricks or things I can do to shocks or anything would be great thanks

bds81175 05-04-2015 07:40 PM

Kick up? Trailing? Shock limiters? Tires? How is your turn in? Gear diff or ball? If its a gear diff, try going down in oil weight. If its a ball diff, try loosening it a bit. In theory, more anti-squat will give you more on throttle steering. Along the same lines, adding more limiters in the front shocks will help reduce weight transfer to the rear on throttle. Reducing kick up will do the same.

raceguy13 05-04-2015 08:33 PM

Spammy are you running 3 gear? Have you tried the +4 c mount?

frankf 05-04-2015 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Socket (Post 13992353)
Interesting move there Frank. You took 10 grams of weight off the front with a LP servo, but then added 12 by removing plastic and moving the battery forward.

I would look into the heavier LP servohaven't triI know there's a few like the protetoeLP that are actually the same or heavier than a normal sized servo.

Actually that savox lp servo came with the car but weighs the same as my full size savox so I didn't swap them over, and yes wildcat I'm using a small spur/pin combo 66/32 it just makes gearmesh. I have the wing flat but haven't tried the longest wheelbase or 2.5deg toe, those are good suggestions thanks.

spammy 05-04-2015 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by bds81175 (Post 13993480)
Kick up? Trailing? Shock limiters? Tires? How is your turn in? Gear diff or ball? If its a gear diff, try going down in oil weight. If its a ball diff, try loosening it a bit. In theory, more anti-squat will give you more on throttle steering. Along the same lines, adding more limiters in the front shocks will help reduce weight transfer to the rear on throttle. Reducing kick up will do the same.

Running 3 gear kick up 25 deg trailing 4,shock limiters 2 in each gear diff got 5 thousand.i thought that more anti squat is more rear traction idk that is what I was told I really appreciate all the info this will really help

ray_munday 05-05-2015 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by spammy (Post 13993368)
Need some help I am running on carpet and I don't have any on power steering does anybody have any ideas what do I do

Typically if you have on power steering issues, the first thing to do is move weight forward. On grippy carpet I found I needed 30-50g at the front, even with a mid motor car. A brass front bulkhead is available which will help a lot.

You can also try raising the rear roll centre and using a rear anti-roll bar.

I havent done a lot of carpet testing, but here is a setup guide I put together including a starting point for carpet. Hope its useful.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/10587848-post4.html

Ray

NWracer77 05-05-2015 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by spammy (Post 13993368)

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...%20Premier.jpg

This should make you VERY happy....This is for our high grip carpet track.

If you're running a ball diff, run it a little on the tighter side....I run an SC10 gear diff in mine right now as the B5M ones were out of stock

NWracer77 05-05-2015 08:16 AM

I'm also about to drop to 7K in the diff

dvs 1 05-05-2015 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by NWracer77 (Post 13994179)
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...%20Premier.jpg

This should make you VERY happy....This is for our high grip carpet track.

If you're running a ball diff, run it a little on the tighter side....I run an SC10 gear diff in mine right now as the B5M ones were out of stock

Are you running in line on you battery or stock

NWracer77 05-05-2015 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by dvs 1 (Post 13994301)
Are you running in line on you battery or stock

I'm running it stock, I tried a car with it inline and it didn't feel as good to me....also the battery is in the forward most position

16right 05-05-2015 08:57 AM

I started building my b5m lite and when I got to the front axle bearings I put the blue side to the outside exposed. Before I locktite it in place I want to make sure that is correct.

Thanks