R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/780905-team-associated-rc10-b5m-mid-motor-rear-motor-thread.html)

Wease 08-28-2014 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 (Post 13498870)
V3.1 stock spec is $129.99, the V3.1 120 amp version is $189.

Ahh, I gothca. Thanks.

RC Juice 08-28-2014 05:41 PM

Guys I posted this in the general forum but sombody sent me the link to this thread, I guess I was blind...

I can't find a B5 thread, just the mid-motor one so here goes.
I just got my first B5, and while checking it out I noticed the rear axles have quite a bit of play back and forth in the rear hub. I could fix it with some shims between the hex-pin and the bearing, but I can't imagine it was left with that much play on accident.
Has anybody seen this and/or messed with it?
Thanks guys.

jpcopeland1 08-28-2014 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wease (Post 13498874)
Ahh, I gothca. Thanks.

Very little between the two to justify $60 price premium.

GTSSTANG 08-28-2014 05:43 PM

Here is my setup with an Orion R10 Pro. No plastic is cut. I am switching to HW to match my B5 RM so this will be for sale soon.

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/...psb1be66fc.jpg

Wease 08-28-2014 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 (Post 13498878)
Very little between the two to justify $60 price premium.

I've heard a lot of good things about the HW ESCs, such as being smoother and generating more power than a Tekin with the same motor. I thought the initial allure to them was that they provided such great performance at a killer price, but it seems like their premium ESCs now carry a premium price. I'm too invested in Tekin to switch for the same price and not to mention I'd have to buy their program box.

Mizchief 08-28-2014 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Wease (Post 13498900)
I've heard a lot of good things about the HW ESCs, such as being smoother and generating more power than a Tekin with the same motor. I thought the initial allure to them was that they provided such great performance at a killer price, but it seems like their premium ESCs now carry a premium price. I'm too invested in Tekin to switch for the same price and not to mention I'd have to buy their program box.

Yea if I was starting from scratch I would give Hobbywing a shot, but i've got 4 Tekin ESC's i'm actively racing and the hotwire with the android app is pretty killer and i've have great experiences with their support department so far.

Wease 08-28-2014 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mizchief (Post 13498911)
Yea if I was starting from scratch I would give Hobbywing a shot, but i've got 4 Tekin ESC's i'm actively racing and the hotwire with the android app is pretty killer and i've have great experiences with their support department so far.

Exactly. I've never had a single issue with my Tekin 1/10 ESCs and I've got 7 of them. My first few RX8s were a little sketchy :eek:, but knock on wood . . . my last several RX8s have been solid. Tekin support has been nothing short of stellar for me as well. I need to grab an adapter cable for my Android phone so I can give the Hot Wire app a try.

Mizchief 08-28-2014 06:06 PM

I used this one, works great! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comes with two so I gave one to a buddy.

Jeepy2013 08-28-2014 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by jmoneym (Post 13498697)
Always been the price for HW Just stock.:lol:

Yeah, I figured that one out on my own, I've owned some HW before....just used to buying ESC's that are 2 to 3 times more expensive! :D

lbckevin 08-28-2014 06:57 PM

Rc Juice,

Yes, you can get a few shims. I used Tamiya shims and took most of the play out of the rear arms. The alum. rear hinge pin holders take most of the play out as well.

Speed Freak RC 08-28-2014 07:13 PM

I am switching to 17.5, so I pulled out my Orion R10 and 7.5 VST2 setup. I am leaning towards the HW V3.1 Stock Spec and a D4 Maxzilla setup. I am hoping that by going to 17.5 I might enjoy racing a little more, since I seem to get worked up on the stand and blow the race because I get crazy with the power. Have to admit it's been a while since I had fun racing, and it's starting to become a major bummer.

Wildcat1971 08-28-2014 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by RC Juice (Post 13498876)
Guys I posted this in the general forum but sombody sent me the link to this thread, I guess I was blind...

I can't find a B5 thread, just the mid-motor one so here goes.
I just got my first B5, and while checking it out I noticed the rear axles have quite a bit of play back and forth in the rear hub. I could fix it with some shims between the hex-pin and the bearing, but I can't imagine it was left with that much play on accident.
Has anybody seen this and/or messed with it?
Thanks guys.

I actually have no idea what you are saying. I assume you mean the drive shaft moved in and out. no reason for this with the tires bolted up

Jeepy2013 08-28-2014 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC (Post 13499084)
I am switching to 17.5, so I pulled out my Orion R10 and 7.5 VST2 setup. I am leaning towards the HW V3.1 Stock Spec and a D4 Maxzilla setup. I am hoping that by going to 17.5 I might enjoy racing a little more, since I seem to get worked up on the stand and blow the race because I get crazy with the power. Have to admit it's been a while since I had fun racing, and it's starting to become a major bummer.

That's kinda why I stepped away from racing for the last year, sold most of my stuff too.

Now I'm going to get back into it, get back to the roots and race stock.

Bob Barry 08-28-2014 07:22 PM

If you're looking to have fun and race stock, don't get caught up in "omg I need the fastest stock car out there to compete!"

Have fun with it. Don't get burned out. Hell you can even run in the modified class with your stock motor. It may still be faster for you (it was for me for the longest time). The minute that this becomes work, you should go find something else to do for a while. Unless of course it is actually your job LOL.

Wildcat1971 08-28-2014 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC (Post 13499084)

the orion r10 is great for stock racing. just load the latest stock firmware. honestly I feel like the r10 with ss firmware has more kick than other esc's