Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree141Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Why does popcorn pop? Maybe he had family obligations for the Reedy. Let's congratulate him on this win and move on. He proved the previous win wasn't a fluke. Cav can't win them all......
The point I'm making is that there are guys that are 100% non travel guys all over the country that are just as fast as Michael. If he wins the Reedy race open class then he is obviously the fastest guy that doesn't get paid to do this. Michael hasn't won the Reedy race so making a bunch of fuss over him is all for not. Plus most of the really fast guys were at the E1/8 nats. Michael is fast, but he isn't the fastest. Guys from the PNW think they are the fastest in the country, but there are fast guys everywhere. Again I'd like to see how Michael would do when he's jet lagged from flying half way around the world.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
The point I'm making is that there are guys that are 100% non travel guys all over the country that are just as fast as Michael. If he wins the Reedy race open class then he is obviously the fastest guy that doesn't get paid to do this. Michael hasn't won the Reedy race so making a bunch of fuss over him is all for not. Plus most of the really fast guys were at the E1/8 nats. Michael is fast, but he isn't the fastest. Guys from the PNW think they are the fastest in the country, but there are fast guys everywhere. Again I'd like to see how Michael would do when he's jet lagged from flying half way around the world.
Spencer won open at reedy....all the super fast guys were in invite. It's still an awesome feat regardless but the way you are typing the kid won the universe. Oh and he flew in from AZ....no jet lag as they are the same time zone.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Lets not get too technical here, we could analyise this to death but we wouldnt end up in a better place only more disagreements.

Congratulations to him he must be stoked right now, Im sure its given him allot of confidence and time will tell where he sits in the grand scheme of things. The great thing about sport is that at the end of the day talk is cheap, there is nowehere to hide and your results speak for themselves...

As a side note does anyone have any idea what kind of salary and bonus package the pros are paid? Ive always wondered...
Old 07-15-2015, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I just took my b5m lite on its maiden voyage. Running a d4 17.5 short stack and was geared 31/69 coming off around 165 ish. I'm coming from an rb6 that was roughly the same weight. The 31t pinion was about as small a pinion as i get on there or is it possible i was just that undergeared? The short stack usually requires hearing down a couple teeth on the pinion which is why i dropped down a couple of teeth from what others are using. Any advice
Old 07-15-2015, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

That sounds about right, and that temperature isn't terrible. It's a little warm but not bad. How big is you track? Maybe try going to a 30 (it should fit)
Old 07-15-2015, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
That sounds about right, and that temperature isn't terrible. It's a little warm but not bad. How big is you track? Maybe try going to a 30 (it should fit)
With the Kimbrough 69t spur and a 30t pinion the gear mesh is too loose and i can't move the motor any further. Thinking about running a 72t spur
Old 07-15-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

This is pure straw man's argument. Nobody anywhere said that the PNW guys are the fastest... Nobody said there aren't other super fast guys all over the country. I'm not quite sure what you heck you're talking about... This was just a post to congratulate AE guys taking all the top honors in their B5ms, specifically the top spot. Just so happens he's a guy I race with every week, so I was giving him some personal props for making the news with such an awesome win. That's it.

You seem to be taking it another way, and seem to perhaps have some other baggage... unpack that crap somewhere else.

Back to the B5m. (you know... the one that just won at Jconcepts)
Old 07-15-2015, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
This is pure straw man's argument. Nobody anywhere said that the PNW guys are the fastest... Nobody said there aren't other super fast guys all over the country. I'm not quite sure what you heck you're talking about... This was just a post to congratulate AE guys taking all the top honors in their B5ms, specifically the top spot. Just so happens he's a guy I race with every week, so I was giving him some personal props for making the news with such an awesome win. That's it.

You seem to be taking it another way, and seem to perhaps have some other baggage... unpack that crap somewhere else.

Back to the B5m. (you know... the one that just won at Jconcepts)
Well said
Old 07-16-2015, 02:53 AM
RCW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpcardoza
With the Kimbrough 69t spur and a 30t pinion the gear mesh is too loose and i can't move the motor any further. Thinking about running a 72t spur
I run 29/ 72, 30/72 depending on the track. Speed and mesh are good and temps are in the 120's.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I'm interested to try the brass front bulkhead. Is that designed more for carpet? Has any one tried it?
Old 07-16-2015, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
I'm interested to try the brass front bulkhead. Is that designed more for carpet? Has any one tried it?
I tried it for a few packs on a practice day. It adds A LOT of weight up front!! I don't really feel it's the best for dirt.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Tee
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dpcardoza
Is the pinion you got made by Robinson?
I discovered the 31 tooth alu pinion I bought yesterday was 28 teeth, actually by counting the teeth. Package said 31 tooth and the pinion itself was stamped 31. Just saying.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
It is meant for carpet. It'll cause spin outs on anything else.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default My mind is blown

20 years ago there was no such thing as carpet or astro turf off road ment dirt
Old 07-16-2015, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Yeah and where was he in 4wd?
Michael was leading on the last lap of A2 when Spencer ran over him at the end of the straight and got the better of the tangle to take the win. If Rivkin was a clean driver it would have at least gone to A3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.