Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree138Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks guys, good tips.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racerbucky
technically, since it's the only way you can actually measure the roll center, he is correct.
Moving your ballstud up and down doesn't measure the rollcenter any more than putting more paint on your body measures your center of gravity. Sure it can be lowered or raised, but measuring the point along the center-line of the chassis is something else entirely.

Nevermind.. don't have the energy.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jordan Anderson
When using the AE aluminum rear hubs, what's the trick positioning or tool for snapping the outer camber link ball cup onto the ball stud?

It was very difficult with needle nose pliers...
I put the ball stud in the ball cup before I thread it on to the buggy. place the ball stud horizontal(or sideways so have you) to the ball cup then use pliers to press it in. Should easily pop in that way.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
How in the world are you making changes where you can measure how high or low you are setting your roll center? How do you lower your roll center exactly 2.5mm?
I would imagine he means he added 2.5mm of washers under the inner camber link in the rear which would effectively lower the roll centre. But that would not be a 2.5mm difference in roll centre. That is a completley differemt measurement.

It seems to be just a miscommunicated point he made.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjahn
I think most people understood what he meant. Just another pissing match over technicalities.
I didn't understand what he meant and I think I have a pretty good understanding of what roll center is and how to change it. It certainly isn't all done by raising or lowering camber link mounts.

Increasing ride height also lowers roll center. Changing pills in your pin braces so the arms attach to the chassis higher or lower will change your roll center as well.

-Chris
Old 03-31-2015, 03:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Moving your ballstud up and down doesn't measure the rollcenter any more than putting more paint on your body measures your center of gravity. Sure it can be lowered or raised, but measuring the point along the center-line of the chassis is something else entirely.

Nevermind.. don't have the energy.

I get what you're saying, but you can't measure that point in space that you are referring to. So when someone says the raised ot lowered it by 2mm, the only assumption you can make from common knowledge is that he obviously means ball stud washers.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:15 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Racerbucky
I get what you're saying, but you can't measure that point in space that you are referring to. So when someone says the raised ot lowered it by 2mm, the only assumption you can make from common knowledge is that he obviously means ball stud washers.
Sure you can... but it's not easy.. which is why I was intrigued if he figured out a way to actually get a RC height measurement from his car.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:19 PM
Tech Lord

No more bashing the community.. no more bashing members in this thread (or any thread)... stick to talking about the B5m.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

There are formulas for measuring roll center you can use to graph changes. You can also take camber measurements at ride height, full extension and full compression to plot those changes.
But the best thing is feel on the track really. Although the formulas are cool to know though.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:06 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Sometimes the feel isn't even good enough. It may feel better in a corner or two that you have been struggling with but slower on the rest of the track. That's the glory of tuning. There are multiple ways to skin a cat and tons of interactions between suspension changes. In the end, the guy who crosses the line first is the winner.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So I am just getting back into after a 5 year hiatus and just picked up a B5M gonna run stock for a bit what kind of things do I need to do to the buggy to be competitive? (aftermarket parts) Thanks
Old 03-31-2015, 06:59 PM
Tech Rookie

I know this might not even get posted, but I've been reading this thread for a while and it seems like a big part of the problem is a certain mod. Always posting like an elitist pr!ck. Then people get on here and defend the little guy because they don't like the way stuff is being said. Then the mod returns and deletes all of their posts, but is sure to leave his a-hole comments. People are sick of this attitude. Mods should be promoting a friendly environment and setting the example. We need change and new leadership. It's time for a mutiny, captain.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeHavo
So I am just getting back into after a 5 year hiatus and just picked up a B5M gonna run stock for a bit what kind of things do I need to do to the buggy to be competitive? (aftermarket parts) Thanks
I would look at the first post on this thread.

Since you are just getting back in I wouldn't worry yet about all of the things to buy. Just get back to driving consistently and learning. Then as you go forward pick up stuff you might want.

Originally Posted by spoonycoot
I know this might not even get posted, but I've been reading this thread for a while and it seems like a big part of the problem is a certain mod. Always posting like an elitist pr!ck. Then people get on here and defend the little guy because they don't like the way stuff is being said. Then the mod returns and deletes all of their posts, but is sure to leave his a-hole comments. People are sick of this attitude. Mods should be promoting a friendly environment and setting the example. We need change and new leadership. It's time for a mutiny, captain.
Sorry captain, I don't see a change in leadership anytime soon.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:08 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by spoonycoot
I assume you are referring to me. I don't consider myself elite by any stretch... Im just opinionated, but express such opinions within the letter and spirit of the site. I spend countless hours of my own free time keeping this place a clean and friendly environment where people can come talk about RC. A large part of my time is taken up cleaning up bogus accounts, such as yours, created for no other reason then to come into threads like this, and create and spread drama.

And you're right, I do delete posts... I delete any post where people come in here and outright talk crap or trash talk the RC community as a whole, or everybody in this thread as a whole, (which has happened a half dozen times in this thread in particular, over the last few weeks) or who spout out personal insults, just like you have here. Leaving those posts UP is what creates a bad environment.

Seriously.. this is like the 10th warning by as many moderators in the last month. Lets stay on topic... The B5m.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:50 PM
Tech Lord

The B5M took the top honor spot in the NIS season long series up here in the NW this last weekend. Team driver Michael Schoettler was/is just unstoppable in is AE. This kid pushes the car to it's absolute LIMIT, every single lap.. lap after lap. It is a joy watching this guy run laps. I am pretty sure he took every TQ, and every win through the entire series across all the tracks up here.

Look at this young guy pilot his reedy powered B5m... looks like this car is attached to the track like a slot car. This is a kid who's top 5, top 10, and top 15 tends to be within a tenth, more or less. Way to go, Michael.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6QmH1RJh3U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=Zdk6By7iDDY

Last edited by Cpt.America; 03-31-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.