R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/780905-team-associated-rc10-b5m-mid-motor-rear-motor-thread.html)

gooba 03-19-2015 03:44 PM

Just an observation on the sub forums not trying to beat the dead horse. Rccrawler,pirate4x4 and several others operate the way people have mentioned and honestly its not really any better just eliminates some of the chit chat that takes up space on a general thread like this one. Back on b5m talk I ran my 3gear mm today on our local outdoor track and even though the track was blown out and rough my car was DIALED thru the decent parts of the track sadly the back triple section was covered in an inch or more of loose dirt and the car was actually almost getting stuck but once the track is prepped and swept my car will be bad fast

Cain 03-19-2015 07:15 PM

what are people's thoughts currently on running square lipo packs and when and where to use them?

Marco926 03-19-2015 07:41 PM

how you guys add weight to the car ???
my b5r is quite push and sometimes wheelie......

bds81175 03-19-2015 07:53 PM

I was under the impression they are pretty much always used in mod and never used in stock. We've been running shorties in our 17.5 from the start.

Cain 03-19-2015 07:56 PM

yeah would get most of its duties in mod I am thinking if I went this route, but I'd be fine in stock here too if it helps with a bit more bite in general.

bds81175 03-20-2015 01:03 AM

Insomnia!!!! I don't struggle with rear grip at all in 17.5 at the 510. I struggled to get the steering I want the way I want it.

frankf 03-20-2015 04:36 AM

Thanks for the tips guys I drove the b5 for the first time today and was very impressed with how well it handles with the standard setup, plus I didn't break anything either, I like this car very much so far

brian6674 03-20-2015 04:39 AM

Hey Guys! I am still running a B5RM car. I want to try the MM B5. But I been telling myself wait for the Factory Team Kit to come out. They released that Factory Light Kit targeted for the stock racers. I run Mod. So I really don’t need/want all the light stuff. Any thoughts as to when/if AE will release a B5/B5M Factory Team kit?

Has to be soon.............

Socket 03-20-2015 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by brian6674 (Post 13915662)
Hey Guys! I am still running a B5RM car. I want to try the MM B5. But I been telling myself wait for the Factory Team Kit to come out. They released that Factory Light Kit targeted for the stock racers. I run Mod. So I really don’t need/want all the light stuff. Any thoughts as to when/if AE will release a B5/B5M Factory Team kit?

I'd say the Factory light kit is not just made for stock racers. There have been several good racers running the 3 gear in modified successfully. Kody Nuemendaulh won a heat at Reedy with it..

Skeeter36 03-20-2015 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by brian6674 (Post 13915662)

We probably wont see a FT kit anytime soon maybe next year. The factory lite car has all of the mods that 99% of mod drivers do anyways so yes it is marketed towards stock class racing but very suitable for mod as well.

Skeeter36 03-20-2015 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 13915156)
what are people's thoughts currently on running square lipo packs and when and where to use them?

I run mine with a square when the grip is pretty low. It helps a ton with rear bite. Also i run one sometimes at the other local track when the grip is high. For me it feels like it makes the car a little lazy and that makes it easier for me to drive on high grip.

Socket 03-20-2015 07:28 AM

How much experience do you guys have filing outdrives with the MIP pucks?

I literally just replaced the pucks two race days ago - and found one side had a rip and started to lightly dig into the outdrive. I replaced the pucks, and then took a file and filed off the ridge it made, and any sharp edges. I already ordered a set of outdrives.

Wildcat1971 03-20-2015 07:55 AM

Socket, you need to "sloooooow" down. Then you wont have these issues. I drive slow and never have these problems :)

Tommy R 03-20-2015 08:23 AM

I searched, but couldn't find what size fan people are using with the fan mounts. I just ordered an Erik's Parts mount, but all it mentions is the screw lengths needed for a thin or thick fan, but not the size of the fan. I assume they're 30mm?

Also, any idea if the JConcepts Silencer will work with one of these fans or would I end up hacking the body beyond recognition? :)

Cain 03-20-2015 09:05 AM

thanks for the info on the square pack.

I am looking at a B5M that looks like it was heavily upgraded with spares. but I would most likely just buy 1 square lipo to use for both stock and mod as its not something I heavily run personally but curious on the vehicle none the less.

Have AE in the blood lol..