Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated B5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
Why are the front arms different between the 2 cars?
Lowers the center point of roll in the front since it is mid motor
Old 12-28-2013, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
Why are the front arms different between the 2 cars?
The short answer is that they a tuning option and that the current configurations for each, benefit their respective layouts the most. Hence the motto, NO COMPROMISE!!

Hope, that will suffice because the long explanation is much more boring and just of nerdy jargon.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The new ballcups look great, pop on some JC fin style turnbuckles, cool. I think shorty or reedy square pack depending on weigh in and class. It will work good for those with C4.2's and B44's - saddles, shorties or square pack. The new Reedy esc looks tough, hope to see some specs on that. I like how the shock caps have the oil screw straight angle and inset. Everything looks a little beefier front and back. Looks like better geometry with shocks, standoffs and mounting, which was always a issue on B4.1 and 4.2. Can't wait to build front steering and rear hubs to see what those have to offer. Looks like electronics will be super clean install. Somebody mentioned top mount servo screws, one of the only bottom screws that went into aluminum so will be easier to check and keep tight. Wonder if AE upgraded the two little screws on the front suspension brace. New diff, more balls!! Didn't see any shots of motor area and rear shock zone but rear motor looks more centered. Anybody hear any numbers on how many grams RM and MM are? Any release dates on the Reedy esc? Can't wait to see team drivers first race with B5.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by patiofurniture
Another cool thing that unfortunately isn't highlighted is the rear hubs and caster blocks have holes for set screws to even further reduce slop. Two set screws can be used on the rear hub and one on the front. The new car is also VERY good in regards to how it fits and how well it holds up run after run!

Also the new bell crank setup is SO DIALED! It has no slop and has to be the most solid and and smooth setup ever!
great news, never did the 4.2 set screw mod. Bell crank to servo horn ball cups looks stout, looks like one piece in the picture, is that an included kit part?
Old 12-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cridd
great news, never did the 4.2 set screw mod. Bell crank to servo horn ball cups looks stout, looks like one piece in the picture, is that an included kit part?
Yes, indeed that one-piece ball cup is included.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

any idea where the car will be debuting its first race with the team?
Old 12-28-2013, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fredswain
For the price of the RB6 you can have both B5's without the headache of taking a car apart to swap the motor configuration around if you want to try each.
???

is that including electronics?

I rather swap motorconfigs then swap complete electronics like motor, speedo, receiver. PT
Old 12-28-2013, 01:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by littlevette
any idea where the car will be debuting its first race with the team?
It's a guess, but the Reedy race sounds like a winner to me
Old 12-28-2013, 01:49 AM
Tech Master

No more foam dust covers on the ballstuds, fire sale on dust covers .
Old 12-28-2013, 01:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by murky123
???

is that including electronics?

I rather swap motorconfigs then swap complete electronics like motor, speedo, receiver. PT
If you swap configurations you will still need to re-do your esc wiring and maybe adjust your receiver and PT depending on what other platform you are referring to. Unless, you don't mind a lot of extra esc wire when in MM.

Not too mention it is HIGHLY unlikely that you will run the same shock package and ballast weights and camber link setups. Doing all of this is MUCH more of a pain than just re-doing your electronics layout.

I would much rather have two cars that are properly setup for there configurations and then just swap electronics! That is by far and away a much better situation to be in!

Last edited by patiofurniture; 12-28-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why would they make the cars only fit their batteries that makes no sence. So we have to run saddles or a short to adjust the weight
Old 12-28-2013, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

when I build my dex210 from mid to rear , I do not have to re-do my electronics. Just need to have the wires from the speedo to the motor long enough for rear motor config..

2 cars and 2 sets of electronics is where it will end up for the most. when you build the car from MM to RM or otherwise. Many people will buy an extra set of electronics.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xTotalghost
Why would they make the cars only fit their batteries that makes no sence. So we have to run saddles or a short to adjust the weight
fits all batteries but long stick packs same as C4.2. Shoot the B44.2 only fits saddle packs.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i hope associated isn't paying you by the hour mr. tunnermann. lol
Old 12-28-2013, 02:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by murky123
when I build my dex210 from mid to rear , I do not have to re-do my electronics. Just need to have the wires from the speedo to the motor long enough for rear motor config..

2 cars and 2 sets of electronics is where it will end up for the most. when you build the car from MM to RM or otherwise. Many people will buy an extra set of electronics.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.