Wiki Posts
Search

Castle Element Esc / DTX motor in a XXXT or XX4W

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Castle Element Esc / DTX motor in a XXXT or XX4W

Hey all, new here and away from the hobby for a long time. Understand the brushless motors and Esc combos are sometimes intended for a certain type of car but don't know which or why.

I have a Castle Element Esc and a Castle DTX combo that I removed from a Red Cat 4wd truck. Would like to know if it is suitable for either a XXXT or a XX4W and if so why / why not.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2013, 04:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That Duratrax combo has a 4 pole motor so it produces a ton of torque. In a light car like either of your Losis, it will have way more power than you will ever need. It may not be ideal for racing but its great for bashing.

It would probably be better in the XXX-T, the 4wd's belt system may not like 4 pole torque.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks for the response. I have yet to get into researching what motors do what and understanding the interaction between the new ESC / battery / motor combos.

I put it in a XXXT and was surprised at the torque and speed, although it has been years since I last ran one of these, it was certainly a noticeable increase over the old 24* stockers of years gone by. Of course the LiPo is also part of that equation.

There is still patchy snow on the ground here so I couldn't really get in to it, but WOW what a difference.

Thanks again ...........