Wiki Posts
Search

max safe RPM's of Tekin T8

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 06:38 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default max safe RPM's of Tekin T8

hey guys I searched for this but couldn't find what I am looking for. without having to read through hundreds of threads that might not have the answer I made a new post.
yeah I know...shoot me
so I'm setting up my speed control through the hotwire system and notice you can set the max RPM of the motor the motor is a T8 2000kv truggy motor.

what is the safe limit to keep it at?

thanks guys.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?p=398317

I've never seen that setting on the hotwire but Tekin doesn't have a max rpm according to the above link. I would think 30-40k rpm should be the max it will see if racing.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

In hotwires timing tab you click on calculate rpm and it sets your high and low rpm. Choose from the list what rpm you want the timing to start kicking in and the rest is done for you.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
In hotwires timing tab you click on calculate rpm and it sets your high and low rpm. Choose from the list what rpm you want the timing to start kicking in and the rest is done for you.
Isn't that the min and max of the timing application and not actually a rev limiter? From what I read in the OP, he is looking for a safe maximum rpm. Personally, I like to keep my motors in the 30k range.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Kind of looks like a two fold question. Yes, mid 30k is about right for most brushless motors but OP said that you can set the max rpm in hotwire. You can't, it calculates and you can set the start rpm of timing. That's not limiting the rpm of the motor, just where the ESC is applying timing.
Seemed like more of a hotwire question and rcgod filled in the motor end, I filled in the hotwire end

You can still strap a 4s to a 4600kv motor and rev the hell out of it and scatter magnets regardless of hotwire settings
Old 11-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Suspended

I'll have to get it fired up in a few to make sure I'm not stupid but I thought it was allowing me to set it manually.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The start and end RPM setting in the hotwire is designed to tell the ESC when the timing advance is to start and when it needs to be at 100% based on the start and end RPM numbers. Not a rev limiter.

The T8/Pro 4 and any 4-Pole motor for that matter don't react well to much timing. We suggest leaving the timing at 10 or less and and thus changing the RPM range for such a low amount of timing. (10 timing advance is 3 degrees of actual timing.) will not make much difference. The default RPM range was selected for its effective results on most all offroad tracks.

The motors will run there best between 30-40k RPM.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:47 PM
Suspended

thanks for the info yzracer. (sounds like you ride yamahas)