Wiki Posts
Search

best place to buy tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (98%+)
Default best place to buy tires

my hobby budget is not very big but tires u cant skimp on. so its always a must have. seems even buggy tires going up around here. last hobby shop before they went out was 10 for buggy and 15 for truck that was great. i know it dont sound like much but it counts after u tire a few classes.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ya, if your budget is limited its best to just run 2wd stock or Mod. No real discount on tires out there. Amain gives about a 10% discount.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Continue to buy at the LHS, sounds like the last one near you went under. Support your local shop!!
Old 09-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ask some of the local fast guys if they have any that they would sell. Often times fast guys replace tires more frequently and have cast-offs that are still good for a while. If you're going for new, the lhs affiliated with your local track will be the best place to get tires that work for that track since they will stock primarily what people run.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Amazon has some stores that give you good deals on tires with free shipping or pretty reasonble priced shipping.

LHS are good if they have the tires you want you can order from them if they can get them fast during the week than i would do it.

And i do agree see if some of the fast guys or normal level drivers are selling tires with decent or a good amount of tread on them . Do check though that the rims are not bent or cracked though .

Also there is cheaper but not bad quality tires out there like Duratrax and VP tires, some Losi tires.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

i would support the lhs but retail prices and bad service really turns me off.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

and that hobby shop that went under i supported the hell out of that place.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ashxxx
Im all for supporting LHS, but supporting my RC addiction is more of a priority. . With that said, I have found really good deals on feebay. I mean EBay.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

look in the classifieds here, alot of times you can find some package deals on tires, also if you have to buy new, amain is usually about the cheapest. Sometimes jconcepts will send out 10-25% off their website if you sign up for the email list.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

LHS.

No point in having tires if there's nowhere to use them. I'd rather spend the extra $1-2 to help keep the lights on.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:21 AM
Suspended

my hobby budget is not very big but tires u cant skimp on. so its always a must have. seems even buggy tires going up around here. last hobby shop before they went out was 10 for buggy and 15 for truck that was great. i know it dont sound like much but it counts after u tire a few classes.
bad service aside, if you can't afford full retail perhaps you should run fewer classes.
looking for a break on a expensive kit is one thing, but on something as inexpensive and disposable as tires is what puts hobby shops out of business.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by hoonigantoo
bad service aside, if you can't afford full retail perhaps you should run fewer classes.
looking for a break on a expensive kit is one thing, but on something as inexpensive and disposable as tires is what puts hobby shops out of business.

Well if the shop has bad service is there a reason to buy things from there i wouldnt . Thats what puts LHS out of bussiness mostly.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Ok amain has good deals. Thanks. For that tip. And. Yes my lhs is about 40 mins each way. And not open. When I leave to head to the track. So its cost me 10 in gas and about two hours not worth It for small stuff and usually don't have all I need anyway. Also all I wanted. To know is where's a food place for cheap tires. Not a buy lhs or die. Thing.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Well if the shop has bad service is there a reason to buy things from there i wouldnt . Thats what puts LHS out of bussiness mostly.
I don't disagree, I didn't disagree, it's why I don't buy from my lhs. That wasn't my point; you still have to pay retail buying online. Buggy tires are least expensive of all classes, so just saint if someone can't afford them then perhaps they should run fewer classes.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Ya I understand I just really wanted to find a place that had 10 dollar buggy tires and I did droped sct because of body and tire prices and the fact they not fun. Ok. Somebody can close this. As amain is the best deal around for tires.