Wiki Posts
Search

what 4xsc truck is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by XXXDad
HEKNO IS THE BEST
you neglected to mention their kits include a container of Magic Dust.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Scte 2.0 is the best!

(Bet you guys didn't expect that from me!)

You feeling ok today bud? Your right, that was probably the last thing I thought you would've posted. Why do like the losi more?
Old 08-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoese37
Ive driven both, and the Tekno hands down is better. The steering is amazing. Jumps awesome. The truck is made of some very high quality plastics, and the fit when building it was phenominal.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Caster Rapture is really nice.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree don't count out the rapture it's on the same level as the losi and tekno just a smaller company so it's not as well known
Old 08-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Hands down the best truck out there is the associated sc10 4x4!!! Just kidding, teckno by far
Old 08-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I drove my Tekno for the first time today and I will say Tekno as well. Thing is dialed
Old 08-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

around here they seem to be about even out of the box. the fastest thing we've seen around here so far was a losi with the mip chassi & shocks.
i'm a durango guy and would put against any of them on tighter indoor tracks but the tekno and losi both seem to be more suited for the bigger outdoor stuff.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Tekno is a GREAT up and coming company.

I would even say they are a great ESTABLISHED company now seeing how popular and successful they have been at local tracks all over the country.

That being said, I think the SCTE 2.0 is a more refined racer compared to the SCT410.2.

While the Tekno's fit, finish, materials, and durability is on par with the Losi, the Teknos still have the same problem the SCTE 1.0 had... it still tends to jump nose down.

This is really not a big deal. All Tekno and SCTE 1.0 drivers have learned to stay on the throttle to maintain the vehicle's nose level in the air, but the SCTE 2.0 does not have this issue at all. It jumps completely neutral.

The Tekno also rotates really REALLY well. It's a bit too aggressive for my driving style. Coming from a long history of 2wd buggy, I tend to roll through corners and accelerate out in a clean line. You almost have to steer the Tekno with throttle and powerslide through turns. The SCTE 2.0 fits my personal driving style a little better.

At the end of the day, you really can't go wrong with either truck. I've beat and have been beaten by plenty of SCT410's.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Initiate

well said! is there any way to take all the slop out of the front end?
Old 08-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JK47

I would even say they are a great ESTABLISHED company now seeing how popular and successful they have been at local tracks all over the country.

That being said, I think the SCTE 2.0 is a more refined racer compared to the SCT410.2.

While the Tekno's fit, finish, materials, and durability is on par with the Losi, the Teknos still have the same problem the SCTE 1.0 had... it still tends to jump nose down.

This is really not a big deal. All Tekno and SCTE 1.0 drivers have learned to stay on the throttle to maintain the vehicle's nose level in the air, but the SCTE 2.0 does not have this issue at all. It jumps completely neutral.

The Tekno also rotates really REALLY well. It's a bit too aggressive for my driving style. Coming from a long history of 2wd buggy, I tend to roll through corners and accelerate out in a clean line. You almost have to steer the Tekno with throttle and powerslide through turns. The SCTE 2.0 fits my personal driving style a little better.

At the end of the day, you really can't go wrong with either truck. I've beat and have been beaten by plenty of SCT410's.
Originally Posted by hkrob
A $10 set of springs fixes that issue. After i did that it jumps beautifully. Both are great trucks, so pick on you like from a features standpoint and roll with it.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1488rider
well said! is there any way to take all the slop out of the front end?

here we go again
Old 08-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hoonigantoo

here we go again
Old 08-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JK47

The trick is with the SCTE 1.0 with aftermarket chassis that dont move the center diff back . To help quite a bit with the nosediving is moving the Rear shocks to the outside hole. On the tower and using the middle hole on the arms jumps a lot better ! And moving the battery mounts towards the rear.

As for the Tekno truck i never raced out outdoors but on a indoor carpet offroad track it rotated really good for its weight and had tons of turn in ! But with the stock springs it would nosedive quite a bit even when keeping on the throttle.

Yea im with you on that driving style coming from 2wd same with me on the 4wd .

Last edited by tc5 man; 08-26-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Best 4X4 SCT is the Kyosho!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.