Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated RC10T ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Questions?? Team Associated RC10T ?

My neighbor came out of his house yesterday while I was working on my RC stuff on the patio with a mint, almost new RC10T (1st version form my research) from 1992 and asked me to check it out. It was assembled but never really run outside of a test drive or two, in the original box was an unpainted body, Decal sheet, Etc... He said I never had time to run it so take it and let your boys (3 & 6 Yrs old) have some fun with it. My 6yr old is fired up and wants to get to driving this thing ASAP and My question is regarding the value on this thing and if it is wrong to get it going only for my 6yr old to destroy it (Trust me he will). I have a pretty tricked out E Maxx that he currently is driving and I've stuck a fortune into it to make it semi durable for him to drive.
I'm newer to the sport and not sure if this thing is a dime a dozen item or if it has some value ($$ or sentimental) and the RC gods will frown upon me for allowing it to be destroyed by my son.
Any and all advice is appreciated, should I turn it into a shelf Queen, or run it till she dies.

Thanks,
Old 08-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Put that up for sale!!! Lol it might be worth a few dollars
Old 08-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
Put that up for sale!!! Lol it might be worth a few dollars
I'm not sure how I feel about selling it due to the generosity of my neighbor donating it to my kids entertainment. I would feel better about making it a shelf queen and possibly sell it a few years down the road.

An another note its ESC consists of a servo tied to a resistor - I'll bet these were sketchy at best, even back in the day.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

shelf it and let your kid beat on the traxxas.

if you have a vintage racing scene in your area you could set it up for that.
the rc10t is a bad mutha... i love mine and still race it from time to time, especially at the vintage races, but on a club level it can still hold it's own against the modern trucks.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think I'm going to upgrade the electronics and let my son have at it. Hopefully it is durable enough to deal with a 6yr olds driving style (abuse!). They were made to be driven, so thats what we'll do, besides my son will never understand why we only put it obn a shelf and look at what fun is that...
Old 08-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

One full speed head on crash into the curb and that truck is twisted like a pretzel. Don't let your kid drive it!!! Shelf it and give him the traxxas to play with. At least you can get parts for the traxxas at Pep Boys or where ever they are selling them now.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tdiddy
One full speed head on crash into the curb and that truck is twisted like a pretzel. Don't let your kid drive it!!! Shelf it and give him the traxxas to play with. At least you can get parts for the traxxas at Pep Boys or where ever they are selling them now.
Haha pep boys. I hear traxxas is planning on putting parts in corner stores lol jk
Old 08-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'll probably let him try it out in the grass and then to the indoor RC track once I upgrade the ESC / Radio. I might put in trainer mode initially although my 6 yr old isn't too bad a driver for his age. The neighbor wanted my kids to have some fun with it and since he paid for it originally, I might as well honor his wish. I doubt it's worth the indicated box price of $240 to a collector anyway, might as well get some use out of it.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mydudrevo
Haha pep boys. I hear traxxas is planning on putting parts in corner stores lol jk
Don't give them ideas. I'm surprised you don't see them in Wal-mart yet haha
Old 08-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

On the track...the truck should be ok. I wouldn't let the kids run it on the street. Post a picture of the truck please! Black chassis with white plastics? I had one.....
Old 08-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

On the track...the truck should be ok. I wouldn't let the kids run it on the street. Post a picture of the truck please! Black chassis with white plastics? I had one.....

The plastics (bumper/A-arms) are all black, not sure if it they were dyed but it appears that they came that way stock, The wheels are white though. I started panting the body and only have the roll cage painted at this point. I'll post up some pics tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Would be a shame to see it destroyed by the kid, especially if it's in great condition. Just me, but I'd let the original owner know about the value of the vehicle (well over $100 if it's in good shape) and see what his thoughts are.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:42 AM
Tech Adept

A good place for advices: http://www.rc10talk.com/
Old 08-20-2013, 02:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

post up some pictures of the truck. i'm curious to how it looks.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by madweazl
Would be a shame to see it destroyed by the kid, especially if it's in great condition. Just me, but I'd let the original owner know about the value of the vehicle (well over $100 if it's in good shape) and see what his thoughts are.
The Neighbor commented that it was very expensive when he purchased it originally - the Box lists retail as $240. I'll post pics later today and may even peddle the older stock electronics if there is any interest in them to help fund a new esc / motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.