Search

Need advise - Rustler vxl Vs. Bandit vxl

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Need advise - Rustler vxl Vs. Bandit vxl

Hi,

I've been thinking about buying an electric car for those days when I don't particularly feel like running my nitro.

I've been Eyeing the Traxxas Rustler vxl and the Bandit Vxl and can't decide between the two.

I'd be interested in hearing from those of you who have experience with either or both of those models. Any advise is appreciated.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

Umm neither..?
Old 08-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by some guy
Umm neither..?
That's very helpful advise, especially the part where you explain, in detail, why.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Well what's your intent with it race? Bash? Speed runs? . If your bashing they will be fine I guess although I would stay away from traxxas altogether. They are good cars but why have good when there are much better cars out their. I actually own 5 traxxas vehicles right now but they just collect dust because I realized that I was dumping money into crappy cars. Buy a good kit and be done with it. Like the losi 22b or22t or b4.2 or t4.2.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

All this hate for Traxxas vehicles... They fill a very large part of the market and are actually pretty good vehicles.

I'd go for the rustler. Good basher, good for speed runs later if you want.

If you are looking to race, I'd look at some other brands. Durability - Traxxas
Old 08-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

If you want a car for racing, the advice from mydudrevo is good.

If you want a basher, get a Traxxas - they are more durable.

I think you would enjoy the Rustler more than the Bandit because the wider track makes it less likely to flip.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I agree with most other replys. Sounds like your just wanted to tool around a bit at the house or inbetween races n such. The rustler is much more versatile. Its a great on and off road rc. The vxl with a lipo is really fast especially with a 3s. I would mostly run 2s lipos and throw the 3s in every once in a while to do a speed run or to smoke one of your buds.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

No, no I cannot stand by and let another get suckered into buying a traxxas, I am speaking from experience..they are good if you want to go outside and toss it around like a football, they are nearly undrivable, and nothing about their drivetrain is worth a poo..plastic axles? c'mon. velenion motors that are scalding hot..flimsy ,rubber-like shock towers? don't get me started on the shocks...just say no.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

For bashing, a Slash 4x4 would do fine if you want to spend the $. Hard to get traction with a rustler or bandit off road. They work fine on the street. If you are going to race, let us know and we can give you some more suggestions.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

No, no I cannot stand by and let another get suckered into buying a traxxas, I am speaking from experience..they are good if you want to go outside and toss it around like a football, they are nearly undrivable, and nothing about their drivetrain is worth a poo..plastic axles? c'mon. velenion motors that are scalding hot..flimsy ,rubber-like shock towers? don't get me started on the shocks...just say no.
I have a local guy that routinely beats MIP'd Losi scte's, sc10's, tekno 410's, the list goes on with a BOX STOCK Slash 4x4 (minus tires and a new rx).

I have several cars and race every week but I always come back to my Traxxas stuff to mess around with.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

They are overpriced by 100%..just saying.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I need some advise as well. Should I get a Yugo or a Kia?
Old 08-10-2013, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

My buddy has the rustler vxl and lets just say its a good thing our lhs has traxxas parts. Everytime he runs it he breaks something. As he breaks it he's been upgrading parts with rpm stuff and some other brands. Already rebuilt the velinion motor twice, had to replace the shocks because the caps kept blowing off. Just imo for what he paid for the thing plus mods he could've gotten something way nicer. How about a losi 22t the kits on sale for $189 or the 22 buggy kit is only $199.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

dborregoa you will get mostly negative comments here on Traxxas products, most people that use these forums are club racers or guys/gals that compete on a professional level.

Traxxas can be a very good entry level product but also very expensive for what you get. I personally love what Traxxas has done for RC.

I would check out the Ultimate RC forums for more information on making your decision.

What ever you decide you will enjoy it!
Old 08-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They are overpriced by 100%..just saying.

$320 for the VXL Rustler w/out battery ($375 w/battery). Durango DEST210 RTR is $290, T4.1 RTR $260, HPI Firestorm $320.