Search

Help on which rc I should keep, and which I should sell

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Help on which rc I should keep, and which I should sell

Hello everyone,

I haven't been too active in the hobby for quite a while and so because of this I have decided to downsize my rc collection. I am trying to decide which of these two rc's I should keep. One of them is an Evader ST and the other is a Losi XXX-T. I do not race at the moment (although anything could be in the future).

My main concern is parts support. Tbh, I do not want to replace the evader st parts with ext parts. I have done this in the past and have felt that the quality of the parts was total garbage. With that being a discontinued model, and the XXX-T series being replaced with the 22T, it seems that in the future of both of these rc's parts support will be dwindling.

So my question to someone with more knowledge than I on this, which model is going to have better parts support looking forward.

Thanks.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sell bought and buy just 1 truck. The T4 would be nice and has great parts support. Or buy the TLR. The Evader is technically a Losi XX-T and original the parts were more brittler(stiffer) so they felt like a higher quality but in truth the plastic sucks. The EXT plastic flexes but is way more durable for bashing. The Losi XXX-T still has support b/c the XXX-SCT uses basically the same parts and parts support is still there for the XXX-T CR. It more profiting for losi to not sell a older kit but still offer parts support.

I would (and have personally) sell the older stuff, and get something new. I sold alot of Vintage Traxxas stuff and motors. I bought a brand new HPI Blitz ESE and all hop ups and had money left over. I do miss my older stuff but I have zero regrets. HPI, Losi(TLR) and assoicated makes great vehicles. I would say Traxxas but I just cannot justified paying more for a 20 year old design that needs upgrades to be very durable.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

XXX-T is a more common truck with way more parts support. and if parts stay around like they did for XX and XXX-4 youll have parts for years, If ST was a big class locally. I would still race my XXX-T CR. Dont count XXX platform out just yet, Mine's super consistent and usually in contention on any given weekend.