Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nebula
ROAR decided at this event to disregard their own Rule 8.2.3 that is posted on their website. They didn't notify anyone prior to this even that this was going to happen aside from a very very select few. There we many cars that did not conform to the rule and people were told that they decided not to enforce that rule that weekend and it was OK to run their cars. This is a very poor display by ROAR to knowingly allow illegal cars to compete and allowing cheaters at the event. If the rule was going to be disregarded at this event it should have been posted in their official rule book and amended before the event, to allow everyone the same chance of changing their vehicles to suite the new rule (or lack of a rule).

The D413 was under such close supervision by the designer and the mechanic that almost no one outside of ROAR could even get a glimpse of the vehicle. Their pit had banners top to bottom around their tent and only a doorway. Competitors couldn't see it, so nobody could protest it. Until some pics popped up online that made it almost certain that the car was running configuration that made it break ROAR rule 8.2.3. A protest late Sunday was filed and was thrown out because of a technicality on who filed it. Not because the car was deemed legal or illegal.

But who knows if the car was legal or not. ROAR let cars walk through their tech that were in blatantly in violation of this rule. And allowed people to break the posted rules on ROAR's website and possibly enhance the performance of their vehicle and didn't care.

But they sure cared if you didn't have headlights on your stadium truck.
See, the the tide is changing. But if the trend is to amend that 8.2.3 rule, they sure did it at a bad timing. Once you break your own rules though, all that's left is corruption. If this is true though, ROAR is totally responsible for screwing over lots of manufactures. It's on the level of insider trading imo.

But taking off those headlights dropped my lap times 0.5 sec
Old 08-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Jeremy...thanks for that. We're you at eNats the previous weekend? I think I spoke to you for a couple of min. You were swapping a motor in a D812 V4.

So since you answered the diff question: belt or shaft?
Shaft. You can see in one of the pics that the motor is in line with the chassis.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
Shaft. You can see in one of the pics that the motor is in line with the chassis.
Ah yes. I do recall seeing that not that you mention it.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Jeremy...thanks for that. We're you at eNats the previous weekend? I think I spoke to you for a couple of min. You were swapping a motor in a D812 V4.

So since you answered the diff question: belt or shaft?
That was me at LCRC and my D812.

No rubber bands!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hopefully ROAR drops that rule and allows shorty-only setups. It was mentioned before, the rule is inhibiting progress in many classes. The chassis layouts and the vehicles must keep progressing or customers will simply lose interest.

Congrats to Ty, Dakotah, Jared, and Maifield on their respective wins. Let's keep having fun!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here are two REALLY good detail shots of the new D413, from this weekend... Not sure if ya'll have seen these two yet, or not!

Click here for full resolution!

Pretty sexy looking car, I must admit!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

lets say he was running a shorty pack. That doesn't me the car isn't capable of running a normal size pack, whether it be a stick or saddle. so he would in fact be within the rules.

it would be stupid for HB (or anyone else for the that matter) not to take advantage of the shorty pack option. remember i said OPTION.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weavty1
Here are two REALLY good detail shots of the new D413, from this weekend... Not sure if ya'll have seen these two yet, or not!

Pretty sexy looking car, I must admit!
can't see them.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:53 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teknorc
Hopefully ROAR drops that rule and allows shorty-only setups. It was mentioned before, the rule is inhibiting progress in many classes. The chassis layouts and the vehicles must keep progressing or customers will simply lose interest.
It must mean that a scaled-down EB48 is due, dubbed EB410.
But definitely agree, shorty packs are generally available everywhere and provide ample power for at least 10 minutes in a wheeler. The battery rules should at least be amended to accept shorties as "full size" packs, as well as two standard size 1s packs. The best would be to just limit pack weight and leave the number of cells up to racers and manufacturers, most curent packs are already using multiple cells in parallel inside, having them in series would reduce temps and allow more efficient elelctronics.

Not enforcing that particular rule would have been a good start, but only if communicated in a timely manner.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dtr
I was thinking the same thing...
Old 08-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr
Sweet baby Jesus let this be true.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
Sweet baby Jesus let this be true.
+10000
Old 08-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

about the battery stuff,
hot bodies can just say their car fits saddle pack, just with part of the saddle pack a bit hanging out of the body. (width of two shorty < length of saddle, and it's just a flat chassis, no sidewalls to limit the size of the packs.)
Yes the weight distribution will be totally wrong, and it will look awfully weird. The point is that it fits a saddle and the car will always race with a shorty.

The thing is, saddle nowadays is almost just a design convenience, whenever it's hard to put a stick pack in, give it saddle pack space so a shorty will fit.
People outside of U.S. doesn't even have that rule (Team C TM2 races in EOS fine).

ROAR set that rule because they don't want everyone to spend a lot on the expensive lightweight shorty [one year ago], now it's almost half the price of a stick pack, and everybody use that. The rule is outdated.
If they really want to get rid of shorty, set the race longer.

*saddle is so rarely used that its capacity is reaching shorty pack range. (Stick packs are reaching 8000mah while saddle can barely get 6000mah).
Old 08-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i agree with the rule and why ROAR created it. they didn't want every manufacturer coming out with a battery specific to their buggy's design. there's nothing wrong with the current rule. as a manufacturer if you want to run shorty's, just make sure that it is also configurable to accept saddles or a full size pack.
Everyone likes to hate on ROAR and insinuate they're single-handedly destroying racing but they really do keep costs down. If the local tracks would stick to ROAR rules, most racers would be better off in the wallet department.

I'm sure the D413 will conform to the rules just like every other manufacturer has. It's still a prototype and way to early for the armchair quarterbacks to start throwing the rule book at it.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inpuressa
See, the the tide is changing. But if the trend is to amend that 8.2.3 rule, they sure did it at a bad timing. Once you break your own rules though, all that's left is corruption. If this is true though, ROAR is totally responsible for screwing over lots of manufactures. It's on the level of insider trading imo.

But taking off those headlights dropped my lap times 0.5 sec
The rule was just put out in 2011.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.