Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Going from AE to Mugen *NEED OPINIONS*

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigbadbasher
Man, it's sounding more and more like he may not like the mbx6 for our tracks. We mainly race two tracks right now. One is a small, tight technical indoor track with high bite. The other is a semi small outdoor track which again is tight and technical, im not sure if still is or not as he changed the layout a couple of weeks ago but either way it was a smaller technical track.

Guys, $$ is an issue here or he would get the Kyosho to try out, he loves Kyosho, he raced onroad for years, he either had a Serpent or Kyosho when racing onroad.
I would find a local MBX6 driver and see if they wouldn't let your friend do a few laps.

Typical MBX6 setup uses heavier diff oils than say a MP9 or RC8.2e. I think the MBX6 responds well to on-power steering. As long as a driver is comfortable using a bit of throttle in a corner they'll be alright.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Oddly enough, he called me a few days ago asking about the sworkz but then he started talking about the Mugen again lol..

to me the sworkz is like a better Mugen, some parts are actually made in the same factory, build quality is great, the buggy looks awesome and from the guys who drive it drives awesome aswell

in his case if he doesn't care about running a dual lipo setup it must be one of the best choice
Old 07-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MajorKong
I would find a local MBX6 driver and see if they wouldn't let your friend do a few laps.

Typical MBX6 setup uses heavier diff oils than say a MP9 or RC8.2e. I think the MBX6 responds well to on-power steering. As long as a driver is comfortable using a bit of throttle in a corner they'll be alright.
Thats about how he drives, he is more aggressive VS smooth. Our track owner has one but it's in pieces, he is pissed off at it right now. He was running high 21's and now he is having trouble getting out of the high 22's, it's his setup though imho..

Originally Posted by Pulse_

to me the sworkz is like a better Mugen, some parts are actually made in the same factory, build quality is great, the buggy looks awesome and from the guys who drive it drives awesome aswell

in his case if he doesn't care about running a dual lipo setup it must be one of the best choice
Parts being available is kind of a big deal but he's not the type that has to have them at his LHS or track, he orders a lot online like myself..
Old 07-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

well if he doest like the tekno what about a serpent 811 be 2.0
Old 07-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Champion

Thats about how he drives, he is more aggressive VS smooth. Our track owner has one but it's in pieces, he is pissed off at it right now. He was running high 21's and now he is having trouble getting out of the high 22's, it's his setup though imho..

Parts being available is kind of a big deal but he's not the type that has to have them at his LHS or track, he orders a lot online like myself..
there are very few drivers that can buy everything via the LHS, in Belgium shops are rare and parts in stock even more and it's the same about everywhere..unless you race a traxxas, then you can find a arms in the middle of the desert I'm sure

The only problem I had running a rare car (I like things to be challenging ) is the few feeddbacks I could get as a "beginner". For an experienced driver it must be another story
Old 07-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Oddly enough, he called me a few days ago asking about the sworkz but then he started talking about the Mugen again lol..
I have been spending some time tuning this car and it is very responsive to adjustments. I had it driving from super stable and neutral tow a ton of steering just by changing diff oils and sway-bars. It also wears very well and comes with springs and sway bars for tuning right out of the box. It has an insanely smooth driver rain due to the straight line drivetrain and x drive system. I can also voucher that it is very durable. I would definitely choose it over the Mugen or Are.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I will let him know about the sworkz.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:06 AM
Tech Champion

ok, even Xray uses pillow balls now:

This is an alternative to Mugen's design made for Savoya for high grip tracks. I prefer c-hubs :P
NO they don't. That's a prototype setup for bluegroove only tracks. Basicly onroad with jumps BS. Even they said it would be rubbish on a normal offroad track.

OP: I wouldn't waste time jumping from AE to Mugen. You're just trading one obsolete car for another obsolete car. Stick with what you have for another year. Ebuggy is changing fast.

Neither of those cars look decent on my local tracks.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
NO they don't. That's a prototype setup for bluegroove only tracks. Basicly onroad with jumps BS. Even they said it would be rubbish on a normal offroad track.

OP: I wouldn't waste time jumping from AE to Mugen. You're just trading one obsolete car for another obsolete car. Stick with what you have for another year. Ebuggy is changing fast.

Neither of those cars look decent on my local tracks.
I didn't say it was for production, I know this is just for teamdrivers. There are few chances it will be offered to the "public" but it would be interesting as an option
Old 07-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I make my buying decision based on podium victories by pro drivers. And as of recent that's why I own the mugen second it fits my driving style.yes the mugen can push on power through the corners. Well its a 4wd buggy show me one that doesn't when pushed..

I got laugh when people say its not very durable gents were not
pro drivers here we make mistakes and those mistakes result in stuff breaking.

Your gonna get 10,000 opinions on this topic tell your buddy to drive a mugen if he can see if if it fits him....

Comments made by people on something they don't own or ever drivin our some of the funniest things posted...
Old 07-25-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tedstryker
I make my buying decision based on podium victories by pro drivers. And as of recent that's why I own the mugen second it fits my driving style.yes the mugen can push on power through the corners. Well its a 4wd buggy show me one that doesn't when pushed..

I got laugh when people say its not very durable gents were not
pro drivers here we make mistakes and those mistakes result in stuff breaking.

Your gonna get 10,000 opinions on this topic tell your buddy to drive a mugen if he can see if if it fits him....

Comments made by people on something they don't own or ever drivin our some of the funniest things posted...
The funniest thing posted is choosing a buggy based on podium victories by pro drivers. The cars aren't stock anyway, most of them are prototypes. Look at the XB9 cars from two of the "pro racers" that finished on the podium in the last Euro in Reims. If you think a XB9 you'll buy in a shop is close from the cars they were running then I have a BIG laugh. You couldn't even get the parts if you wanted

Feedback from the average Joe tells much more about the reliability of a buggy. Of course he will crash! who doesn't?

I don't care about guys racing on super clean tracks with no bumps or even dirt at an international level. I race with guys that are no pro drivers on rough dirty and rutted tracks and some of them might crash into me so I rather have a solid buggy.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

The funniest thing posted is choosing a buggy based on podium victories by pro drivers. The cars aren't stock anyway, most of them are prototypes. Look at the XB9 cars from two of the "pro racers" that finished on the podium in the last Euro in Reims. If you think a XB9 you'll buy in a shop is close from the cars they were running then I have a BIG laugh. You couldn't even get the parts if you wanted

Feedback from the average Joe tells much more about the reliability of a buggy. Of course he will crash! who doesn't?

I don't care about guys racing on super clean tracks with no bumps or even dirt at an international level. I race with guys that are no pro drivers on rough dirty and rutted tracks and some of them might crash into me so I rather have a solid buggy.
Ok this is where topics like this get totally off topic ..

Where did I mention xray?..prototype buggies. Etc...

Ok let me make this more clear production buggies etc..

Which 2wd buggy has more podium finishes and championships..Yup how silly of me to purchase one of them good day to you sir...
Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

+1 I want a car that wont be clapped out after 3~4 months. I dont care who placed in what position at worlds..... For the most part these e buggies can be tuned to drive however fits your style, so its kinda a moot point, although there are some cars that do have radical design differecnces which change handling characteristics.....
Old 07-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

How long any car lasts before wearing or developing slop ect is totally dependent on how much you run what conditions you run in and the level of maintenance performed. That being said I've found the ae cars to be very durable in that respect and my buddy who runs mugens about the same so if the ae fits his driving style I wouldn't switch.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

I didn't say it was for production, I know this is just for teamdrivers. There are few chances it will be offered to the "public" but it would be interesting as an option
Actually pulse if you look at lrps site their 1/8 buggy has the exact same setup, mb is a design for more European style tracks and the rear suspension setup is quite interesting as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.