Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
...except mid motor *fail*
thats why you go with x factory
Old 07-03-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Our track has a mixture but for the most part it is B4.2's, 90% of the K cars are RB5 SP2 Worlds, with a couple RB6's (indoor high bite blue groove slicks and sauce type of track.)

We have local and world pros Billy Easton running the Serpent, and JR Mitch running TLR stuff.

I'd say we are 50/50 for AE and Kyosho cars for the most part
Old 07-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

We just had a thread like this about a week or two ago and it was 8 pages long. Not sure where it went.

I love my B4.2. It drives great. But I like my 22 parts wear a lot better. I need to find a buggy that is durable and doesnt wear out like the 22 but drives like the B4.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chevmaro
We just had a thread like this about a week or two ago and it was 8 pages long. Not sure where it went.

I love my B4.2. It drives great. But I like my 22 parts wear a lot better. I need to find a buggy that is durable and doesnt wear out like the 22 but drives like the B4.
The Serpent Spyder when it comes out, if it is anything like their 1/8 scale, how billy easton describes, and how it looks on the track, granted all by a world champion. But it is resiliant and it looks amazing. Handles all the small bumps like an 1/8 buggy just soaks them up, corner speed is insane, he is on the throttle easily 1/4 turn before anyone else exiting.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 should be the ticket! It is going to have the best shock absorber and it is going to have a plastic chassis, which means the car will work on all grip levels. If its anything like the Ebuggy, quality definitely wont be a problem! Everybody knows Billy wont put out junk. Not sure on price yet.

Seems like the 22 excels on high grip but when the grip goes away so does the car. Very durable. Outdrives/axles wear fast, Shocks shafts every couple weeks and lots of upgrades needed. $400.00 to get going

RC10 seems to work well on every surface but you need a new car every 4 or 5 weeks. $300.00 to get going

RB6 seems to work well even though it has an aluminum chassis. High quality shocks, gearbox etc. and around $450.00 to get one going.

I would wait on the Spyder
Old 07-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

hottest one is the one you haven't see yet. Few have. Come nats or more likely worlds you will see. -R
Old 07-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No car is "dialed" solely because it exists. What a crap term. There are lots of good cars that are all capable of winning or losing. Buying the "best" car and using someone else's setup sheet is a guarantee of nothing. Pick a car. Then learn how to tune it yourself and then practice driving it. This is the exact advice that should be posted to every "which car" type of thread.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You're looking for a TRF201 then. Pretty similar to a B4 but the fit and finish is excellent. I have 6 months on mine and have broken 1 a arm and the front shock tower. I've yet to replace anything for wear, though I am getting ready to rebuild the diff for the first time this week.

Originally Posted by chevmaro
I need to find a buggy that is durable and doesnt wear out like the 22 but drives like the B4.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CTRJ
You're looking for a TRF201 then. Pretty similar to a B4 but the fit and finish is excellent. I have 6 months on mine and have broken 1 a arm and the front shock tower. I've yet to replace anything for wear, though I am getting ready to rebuild the diff for the first time this week.
Stop giving away secrets. Seriously, I've owned and/or driven several buggies and the TRF201 is a sleeper hit. Awesome quality and very nimble. It's light so it's great for stock and has plenty of rear grip. Crazy durable. Only 'issue' is your track won't have parts for it, but it's not really an issue - because you won't need parts. All you need to do is normal maintenance. Maybe keep an extra pair of front arms if you're running mod, because anyone can bang something hard in mod.

Team C evo is also a very good deal. Parts quality and wear seems better than associated so far, though I would not put it up there with say Kyosho. I owned an RB5 SP2, and I dare say nothing really quite meets Kyosho quality - though the Tamiya TRF (not neccessarilly their other stuff) is the closest so far.

Here is my summary and every racer will likely agree and disagree with some of this:

AE B4 series: very easy to tune, great steering (especially off power), great parts availability, but poor parts wear.

TLR 22: tuneable but not generally as easy to dial in as the B4 series. Very good parts availability, quality and wear.

Kyosho: best quality and wear, usually some track availability for parts but not always. Can be dialed in to win, but takes more time like the TLR.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Rookie

The B4.2 always seems to land on its wheels after being cartwheeled down the straight. At my level of driver skill, this is probably the best way to improve my lap times. No need to wait for a turn marshal!
Old 07-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
...except mid motor *fail*
Unless your putting 600Lbs of sugar on the track, mid motor has no advantages.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Captcha
The Serpent Spyder when it comes out, if it is anything like their 1/8 scale, how billy easton describes, and how it looks on the track, granted all by a world champion. But it is resiliant and it looks amazing. Handles all the small bumps like an 1/8 buggy just soaks them up, corner speed is insane, he is on the throttle easily 1/4 turn before anyone else exiting.
Originally Posted by dmatter
Serpent Spyder SRX-2 should be the ticket! It is going to have the best shock absorber and it is going to have a plastic chassis, which means the car will work on all grip levels. If its anything like the Ebuggy, quality definitely wont be a problem! Everybody knows Billy wont put out junk. Not sure on price yet.

I would wait on the Spyder
You cant seriously claim an unproven design is the best ever. Yeah a pro wheels one, but im sure he could make a Traxxas look good.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoese37
Unless your putting 600Lbs of sugar on the track, mid motor has no advantages.
Astroturf or indoor carpet ?
Old 07-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ridgeracer
Astroturf or indoor carpet ?
No no, real offroad.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hoese37
You cant seriously claim an unproven design is the best ever. Yeah a pro wheels one, but im sure he could make a Traxxas look good.
Who said anything about best ever? I made my contribution to the thread earlier i was simply letting another member know of a buggy that might suit him in particular. Also since this is an open forum i can technically claim whatever i want. My opinion is simply that, my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.