Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :) >

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 03:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Been racing it since it came out
Only part I broke was a bulkhead from smashing into a fence racing
**Don't ask hahaha**

Everything has held up well.
I would recommend it to anyone looking at getting into EP8
The body is a small issue that some get upset about....
If you can look past te body it's a perfect buggy
Old 06-13-2014, 04:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Delawareguy
I'm looking into getting an e-buggy and the Xray is one of the cars that I've narrowed it down to. Can anyone give me a quick overview of the strengths and weaknesses of this car? Is there anything that needs to be upgraded right away? Any other info you have would be great. Thanks.
it's an excellent buggy

maybe the toughest out there, extremely simple layout, very good priced (at least in Europe), easy to setup, stable, good suspensions, excellent in the rough, great quality

it's like a replacement of the X6 Eco in terms of ease of driving & performance.. the x7 eco is not as easy and too agressive for many drivers

only downsides are:
- xray lack of support for the XB9E
- servo saver
- parts price (but you won't break many..if any)
- body (use the jconcepts finnisher for the XB9)
- the xb8 2014 is out

..and that's it

I used 10 degrees caster blocks to make the buggy more nervous for local technical tracks and a plastic spur.

For the price in Europe there's nothing comparable on the market. MBX7 Eco, Losi 3.0E, MP9E TKI are too expensive. I say that owning a MP9E TKI which is great but it's only because I found one for sale in new condition for a low price. Now the XB9E is sold (wanted to run the same brand in nitro and electric for practical reasons) but overall tehe XB9E has been the best bang for the buck e-buggy I owned.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Those "downsides " are very subjective ....

- xray lack of support for the XB9E. How so ? X ray sitll makes the stock parts and option parts for the buggy and still sells them all over the world , how much more support is there supposed to be than that ?

- servo saver. Meh ... Maybe

- parts price (but you won't break many..if any) . If your not breaking them , they shoudlnt have been a "downside". Your not getting cheap chinese parts , so they are a few dollars more . But really not out of line for what you get.

- body (use the jconcepts finnisher for the XB9) . Or use any other body that fits , several are available, including X rays own body .

- the xb8 2014 is out. This is absolutly true , and the only real "downside" in this list .
Old 06-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wittyname

- xray lack of support for the XB9E. How so ? X ray sitll makes the stock parts and option parts for the buggy and still sells them all over the world , how much more support is there supposed to be than that ?

- parts price (but you won't break many..if any) . If your not breaking them , they shoudlnt have been a "downside". Your not getting cheap chinese parts , so they are a few dollars more . But really not out of line for what you get.

- body (use the jconcepts finnisher for the XB9) . Or use any other body that fits , several are available, including X rays own body .

- the xb8 2014 is out. This is absolutly true , and the only real "downside" in this list .
never pretended to be objective

guys saying they are objective are false anyways, of course I'm subjective.. like everyone else

price of parts is a downside.. if you break something it will cost you more than on most other buggies.. so yes it's a downside

body: no in the box -> downside

lack of support from the brand: DEFINITELY, look on xray forums or remember how xray messed up the xb9e debuts..

and the servo saver is a downside too because you have to glue the plastic part at the top of it or install a set screw to make it WORK properly

now I have to talk about another BIG downside: many drivers running Xray behave like if the car was perfect, which it isn't (no car is).. many Xray fans are also VERY sensitive to any form of criticism and I have to recognize I HATE fan clubs.. I ran all brands basically and people thinking that a specific buggy is better in all area and for all drivers are just wrong

Last edited by Pulse_; 06-13-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wittyname

You just have to block him (Pulse)out, he has whined and cried since he started the damn thread. Same bs over and over.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by USMC STONE 1
You just have to block him (Pulse)out, he has whined and cried since he started the damn thread. Same bs over and over.
it's been 4 years I'm on rctech and you have been the only hater

I know you are quite obsessed about me but you can move on to another guy now
Old 06-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Between having about 4-5 buggies and 5,000 post in less than 4yrs (that's about 4 post a day), some novel length, I don't see how you have enough run time on any buggy to be a good source of info, and for the most part that has been true. Sorry.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by USMC STONE 1
Between having about 4-5 buggies and 5,000 post in less than 4yrs (that's about 4 post a day), some novel length, I don't see how you have enough run time on any buggy to be a good source of info, and for the most part that has been true. Sorry.
don't be sorry! I couldn't care less about what you think
Old 06-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

The xb9 is a solid car. It does need the front weight and I think it still needs a little bit more off power steering but it can be pushed and it's very stable. It also is built with x ray quality. I never broke a part and it always finished he race. I actually even made the a main at the 2014 DNC with it. Great car. Needs no hop ups, cary a few spare parts and you are good.

I now am driving a xb8 2014 converted and still getting it to respond like its nitro counterpart. I have driven many different brands and the E's are always a blast
Old 06-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

this thread lack of pics ! show your rigs !
having a xt8, i like xray, even if they seem to correct some détails after putting them out on the market. at that level of engineering, it shouyld be good from the start !
Old 06-13-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
The xb9 is a solid car. It does need the front weight and I think it still needs a little bit more off power steering but it can be pushed and it's very stable. It also is built with x ray quality. I never broke a part and it always finished he race. I actually even made the a main at the 2014 DNC with it. Great car. Needs no hop ups, cary a few spare parts and you are good.

I now am driving a xb8 2014 converted and still getting it to respond like its nitro counterpart. I have driven many different brands and the E's are always a blast
Quite correct about the brass weight, most expensive option part I bought and car is extremely stable. I changed the front hex to 0 offset, went to 12 degree front hubs, and along with the brass weight being added, I now have more on power steering at mid to exit in the corners while the rear stays in place.. I keep watching my lap times drop consistently and will finish in front of some guys that I used to could not even keep up with

Last edited by Yodah; 06-13-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Can anyone get their hands on a Xray 4 dot progressive med-hard front springs?
Old 06-17-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Got picked up by Team Durango so I'm selling off my XRay stuff. Have a near brand new XB9E for sale in the for sale threads.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone ever run a 2050 in their buggy. I got one to try,,, I am at a 17t with my 1900 right now
Old 06-18-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yodah
Anyone ever run a 2050 in their buggy. I got one to try,,, I am at a 17t with my 1900 right now
My ongoing conversation with Randy Pike about this ...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...hread-151.html

My 2050 was very very hot on 13 , 14 , and 15 . With the 16 it came off the track at 10 minutes in the mid 180's .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.