Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi XX-T (Re-vamp?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Team Losi XX-T (Re-vamp?)

Hey Gents,
I dug out the OLD Losi XXT and was thinking about installing the ARRMA 15T brushed motor. The truck has the Novak Explorer Sport that says it can handle up to a 15T motor. I was also thinking of putting a 20t 48 pitch pinion. Oh, and stock wheels. Batterywise, I was going to run a 5000 mah Nimh battery. Any info would help.
-Art
Old 06-15-2013, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I completely rebuilt my xxt-cr to run on my local indoor track. It worked pretty well, but I can't run a full pack through it without breaking rear ball studs off in the rear bulkhead.

It was my first racing rc, and I have had it for over 15 years. I love the truck, but got frustrated with breaking all the time. That and the 2wd truck class died, so it has gone back on the shelf.....
Old 06-15-2013, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

If your just looking to get it up and running just for a little fun here and there, I'm sure you'll be just fine with that setup. If your looking to start racing, I'd get something newer so you can get replacement parts easier.