Like Tree1Likes

The New INTECH ER-12 Buggy 1/10th 2wd Pro Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VPProUSA
No price yet.
Any word on ETA ? Not in a rush but would like to get a 2wd buggy for the fall.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default BUSTED

As soon as I saw this buggy I had suspicions that this was a copy. Looks to be pretty close to the truth

http://www.area52.cc/news/4019-intec...copy-cat-.html

Old 07-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

I can see you are looking for a fight and I will make the decision to reply. The 22 was an aluminum chassis convertible car with big bore shocks. Durango then came out as an aluminum chassis convertible car with big bore shocks. I must say, quite a change. Are parts interchangeable, yes. I have an Atomik buggy and I've been told that TRF parts fit on it. I also know that 22 parts fit on it. Has there been a top level employee of Durango saying this isn't a cooperative effort? X-Factory and Centro use the B4 series front ends and other parts. Should we send them hate mail as well? Let me take this further. In sprint cars an Eagle chassis and a Maxim chassis can use the same body work with minimal adjustments to fit on there. Lets hate them as well. Personally I am ready to hate myself because I look like all of my brothers and my father. Maybe I too am a clone? Does that mean I can't patent myself because I've been thinking about it?
Blake Lirette
We are racing toy cars and that is it. Some can take that fact and enjoy it. Others though, well.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zeakemedia
I can see you are looking for a fight and I will make the decision to reply. The 22 was an aluminum chassis convertible car with big bore shocks. Durango then came out as an aluminum chassis convertible car with big bore shocks. I must say, quite a change. Are parts interchangeable, yes. I have an Atomik buggy and I've been told that TRF parts fit on it. I also know that 22 parts fit on it. Has there been a top level employee of Durango saying this isn't a cooperative effort? X-Factory and Centro use the B4 series front ends and other parts. Should we send them hate mail as well? Let me take this further. In sprint cars an Eagle chassis and a Maxim chassis can use the same body work with minimal adjustments to fit on there. Lets hate them as well. Personally I am ready to hate myself because I look like all of my brothers and my father. Maybe I too am a clone? Does that mean I can't patent myself because I've been thinking about it?
Blake Lirette
We are racing toy cars and that is it. Some can take that fact and enjoy it. Others though, well.
Yes and I am not looking for an argument, just answering your question.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ColbyRichards
As soon as I saw this buggy I had suspicions that this was a copy. Looks to be pretty close to the truth

I don't see the resemblance...
Old 07-27-2013, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Perfect. I was hoping someone would show that.

Just look at all the photos they show in the article and you can see all the differences more easily.
Do they look similar? Yes. Are they the same or a carbon copy? No, not at all.

We (VP-Pro USA) already said the buggy is based off the DEX210. If you look at the buggy and disagree with that, then you are blind. But in no way shape or form is it an exact copy. The only patent Durango has is the gear box as mentioned, and the Intech gear box is different, so different that it will not even fit in a DEX210 or vise verse.

The ER-12 is no more a copy of the DEX210 then the Agama A8 is of a Losi 8 2.0, and a BR-6 is of an Xray XB9, and a S-Works is of a Mugen MBX-6, or a Serpent of a Durango DNX, ect, ect.

But if you are looking for a fight, you will not get it here. This is what manufactures in Asia do, they take a product currently available and change it to make it better for less money. They all do it, not just Intech Racing. If that offends you, then you have the right to not buy their products and have an opinion. But while not trying to be rude, we do not care to hear your opinion here unless you actually buy the buggy and tested it first.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sounds like Area 52 is salty because Intech wouldn't purchase any advertising.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zeakemedia
Blake Lirette
A dex210 can't be mistaken for a 22 from 2 feet away. they're still both unique enough in their own designs to be easily distinguishable.

centro and x factory don't blatantly reproduce and sell their own version of the b4 front end. you still need to buy a b4 before you buy either of those other two conversion kits. the car you end up with also happens to be radically different from what the b4 orginally starts out as.

this? this is a part-for-part copy with a few tweaks. this looks like somebody bought a dex210, threw on some fancy carbon and aluminum parts, and bought a jconcepts finnisher body (oh yeah, the body is a ripoff of the jcon finnisher for the dex210. it just keeps piling up).

shame on intech and shame on vp pro for defending intellectual theft.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Recent comments remind me of that company that used to import Team C cars. What was their name again?
Old 07-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

I think this is an exciting time for racing, there are many new cars coming out and 2wd is growing. When did you have a chance to buy or drive or test so many different cars, we will always have the top 3 manufactures, i like the fact that others are stepping up and trying you never know what will happen, when it comes to racing even moto cross, nascar, sprint cars, etc. they are alike in how they look but different in other ways. Let's let the hobby grow you never know this could be one of the cars that can be what your looking for.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I guess the other thing to consider is, in the grand scheme of things, if you look back over the last 15-20yrs, in terms of buggy design or any real Rc vehicle design, has their really been anything that flipped the industry on its head?

Chassis configurations are all similar. Most use some type of 3 or 4 gear transmission. You can't totally give Xfactory credit for the mid motor conversion, (Tekin offered one for the aluminum rc10 car years ago) but they certainly have had an influence on present cars and their use of mid or rear configurations.

I guess for me, when something "new" comes out, unless its completely different from anything else, everyone in the industry takes elements from everyone else and tries to adapt it in their design. I think that's why I like AE cars so much. They haven't gone crazy in the design room. They build a car, make a few tweakd, release updates, but its the same b4 that came out in the early and mid 2k. Honestly, the most recent car to make me go "wow" was the Losi 22. And my reason was silly, but it was the use if the aluminum chassis. To look back at Losi's early cars, (jrx2, jrx pro, xxx etc) have always been plastic or composite type chassis', and to counter, AE early on were aluminum. To see Losi go aluminum, and for AE to have the composite chassis was ironic, but otherwise, everyone's building the same cars.

Call it copying or whatever, at least the majority of the companies here respect patent laws and aren't directly coping existing cars. Unlike other countries where much manufacturing is done, and their disregard for laws is rampant. In the end, new car company or not, its only as good as the people driving it, and if it makes the podium then people will have different respect regardless if its Intech, Durango, or anyone else.

Competition is a good thing. At least in the present day, their are more cars competing from different manufacturers and any one of them could win. It's not the same 2 or 3 from the early 90s.

Momo
Old 07-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

How many aftermarket companies take an exact design and simply make a product in a different material? As I said, people are mad about something they have no dog to hunt in. And who between Hobbywing, Orion, Speed Passion, and Hobby King are we to be mad at when it comes to an ESC? Yes I know you can tell a difference between a 22 and a 210 but the fact remains that Losi came out with a revolutionary design and many of the companies out there have copied it.
Blake
Old 07-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Now that the largest RC company in the world (Hobbico) is owner of Durango, I wonder if they'll try and file with the court for an injunction to prevent INTECH/VP Pro USA from selling it in America.

Last edited by Rsickles; 07-27-2013 at 12:02 PM. Reason: EDIT: Didn't realize VP Pro USA (importer for Intech) is no longer affiliated with Hobby Pro USA
Old 07-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rsickles
Now that the largest RC company in the world (Hobbico) is owner of Durango, I wonder if they'll try and file with the court for an injunction to prevent INTECH/Hobby Pro USA from selling it in America.
Read the Area52 article. It does mention that Team Durango does have a patent on their gearbox. Just like the rest of the buggy, the ER-12's gearbox appears identical. Which, hopefully, Hobbico surely could use to prevent this atrocity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.